Last updated (31 July’11):
– Review by SLRLensreview
The Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 features 35mm at focal length with maximum aperture of f/1.4. The lens construction has 11 elements in 9 groups and has diagonal angle of view at 63 degrees. Closest focusing distance at 11.81″ (30cm) and has a filter size of 72mm. The Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 lens weighs 1.83 lb (830g) and it measures 3.07 inches in diameter and 4.72 inches long.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 Reviews
SLRLensreview reviews the Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 and writes;
“Carl Zeiss Distagon T 35mm f/1.4 showed moderate amount of vignetting on a full frame body with wide open aperture. Stopping down helps reduce vignetting and Distagon 35mm f/1.4 is no exception here – by f/2.8 vignetting is almost gone. On an APS-C body the lens shows basically no vignetting at all pretty much throughout the aperture range.”
Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 User Reviews
A Masterpiece of Uniqness
“…The bokeh is the last quality that I will talk about. Zeiss has really put forth the effort to create a unique symbiosis between in-focus and out-of-focus areas. This is not typically hard to do with longer focal lengths (ie, 50mm or 85mm), but to achieve this unique quality at 35mm is an outstanding achievement. The ability to create and manipulate intangible qualities, subtly separating a good photo from a great photo, is why I personally bought this lens…” – by Yeshua
“It’s a Carl Zeiss, so that says a lot about the lens, it has every single character of the traditional Zeiss lens, build like tank metal construction, silky smooth long throw focusing ring, sharp edge to edge, un-match local contrast and color rendition…… all good…” – by Dan
Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 Sample Photos
Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 User Manual
Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 Specifications
The Zeiss Distagon T* 35mm f/1.4 continues the 120-year-old Zeiss tradition of optically superb lenses that are built to last–this very fast wide-angle 35mm lens offers all the traditional advantages of Zeiss optics: precise manual focusing with a large rotation angle, unparalleled control of glare and stray light to ensure brilliant images every time, an almost circular aperture that delivers a harmonious bokeh (the difficult-to-define quality in out-of-focus areas that’s pleasing to the eye), and robust all-metal precision construction.
* Very fast f/1.4 lens for low light and for impressive bokeh effects
* Precise focusing mechanism with a large rotation angle–operating a lens manually means controlling the picture with your fingertips. Ergonomics are everything.
* Optimum control of glare and stray light ensures brilliant images–ZEISS lenses are famous for the exceptional quality of the pictures they provide. No matter how demanding the subject, perspectives, colors, and lighting situations are reproduced perfectly – over the entire full-frame image field.
* The almost circular aperture enables a harmonious bokeh in out-of-focus areas–the finely matched properties of the aperture ensure that the effects of out-of-focus areas of the picture are attractively balanced (bokeh).
* ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating
* Sophisticated stray light reduction
* Excellent flare control
* Extremely long-lasting and robust all-metal precision mechanics