YongNuo YN-462 features Flash index: 33, Circuit design: IGBT, Up/down ward angle: 0 to 90 degrees, Left/right angle: 0 to 270 degrees, Power Source: 4 X AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable), Battery life: 100 to 1,500 times (with alkaline batteries), Recycle time: 5 sec (with alkaline batteries), Color temperature: 5600K, Flash duration: 1/800 to 1/20000s, Flash adjustment: continuous output level control. The YongNuo YN-462 measures 72 x 135 x 85mm and weighs 250g.
Overall Rating: | Check Availability
YongNuo YN-462 User Reviews
Great flash for the money
“The YongNuo YN462 is affordable and reliable. Looks a lot like the Canon Speedlites at first glance but other than that, no comparison. But I knew this before buying it. The YN462 works just fine. I have been using it off camera with a wireless receiver and have been very happy with it. You just have to play around with the setting as far as the strength of flash as it just has a knob to turn with no way to exactly set the amount of flash you desire.” – By Davey D
Good flash for the price
“I bought this flash as a second flash to use with my CowboyStudio flash trigger and it works perfectly. I wanted a flash that could tilt and swivel, have a manual mode, and cheap enough that I could place it on wet ground, dirt, etc. when using my flash trigger. I got exactly what I wanted and at a price cheap enough that I can use and abuse it without worrying about it.” – By R. M. Watt
“Using this with my Nikon D3000 and Canon SX30IS, versatile, easy to use, not a battery killer. Excellent light! Would definitely recommend.” – By A. Sloan
Excellent Slave unit
“Buy a bunch and have fun. How the heck can you go wrong for the price!!!! If one breaks buy another. Imagine you spend 2-300 on one and it breaks!!!! By a good one and then have two or three of these for slaves. Done!” – By edmont7
Nice little flash
“I already have radio triggers, so I was able to try it out the day it arrived. It was easy to use. There is only an analog knob to turn it on/off and adjust the power. Since the precise power settings (1/2, 1/4…) on other strobes/flashes don’t necessarily produce precise light, I didn’t mind the knob (just tune it to get the correct exposure).” – By ushnavi
Does the job, simply and inexpensively
“Not a lot of features, just a power dial, tilt/swivel head, and the standard wide angle diffuser grid. It’s very inexpensive however, and a good choice for getting into strobist type lighting affordably. One thing that may not have been meant as a feature, but I really like, is that it does not automatically power down. It stays on until I turn it off.” – By S. Reisman
YongNuo YN-462 Expert Reviews
YongNuo YN-462 User Manual
YongNuo YN-462 Features & Specifications
Key Specifications/Special Features:
* This flash comes with a modest price compared to speedlite YN-460.
* The difference between the two is YN-462 do not have slave function, nor accomplish preflash function.
* This speedlight is useful in photoggraphy to provide a short, bright burst of light when you release the shutter. They help to reduce blur by providing this light precisely when needed. This flash is light weight. protable and compatible with most cameras except for Sony and Minolta.
* Flash index: 33
* Circuit design: IGBT
* Up/down ward angle: 0 to 90 degrees
* Left/right angle: 0 to 270 degrees
* Power Source: 4 X AA size batteries (Alkaline or Ni-MH are usable)
* Battery life: 100 to 1,500 times (with alkaline batteries)
* Recycle time: 5 sec (with alkaline batteries)
* Color temperature: 5600K
* Flash duration: 1/800 to 1/20000s
* Flash adjustment: continuous output level control
* Dimensions: 72 x 135 x 85mm
* Net Weight: 250g