Tamron “It’s a Wild World” Photo Competition
Tamron USA Press Release
TAMRON 2006 WILD WORLD PICTURE CONTEST SEEKS YOUR BEST BEASTS TAKEN WITH TAMRON LENSES
January 6, 2006, Commack, New York—It’s a Wild World, and that’s not just our opinion—it’s the subject of Tamron’s latest picture contest, an event open to legions of dedicated Tamron lens users. Actually, you don’t need to trek through the wilderness or go on a jungle safari to capture images that are potential winners. Your best photos taken while monkeying around at the local zoo, petting farm or aquarium may do the trick. The only rules on subject matter: An animal or animals must be prominently included, and the pictures must be in good taste. Entries must be received by October 31, 2006.
The “It’s a Wild World” grand prize winner will receive a magnificent Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di-II Aspherical (IF) Macro zoom lens in any D-SLR mount available and have his or her winning picture showcased in Tamron’s Viewfinder newsletter and on the Gallery section of the Tamron website. Up to 20 runners-up will also have their winning images published on the website for all to see.
• Mail-in entries are accepted (do not send original materials – entries will not be returned). Or submit any scanned original photograph(s) taken with Tamron lenses by e-mail to email@example.com . Subject line should read “It’s a Wild World 2006.” You may enter as often as you like.
• The winning photo will be chosen by our judges based on originality and overall quality. All decisions are final.
• You must include your name, address, email address (if you have one), and daytime phone number, along with equipment used and all other pertinent technical data.
• Winners may be asked to sign an affidavit of eligibility and grant of rights, and to submit all model releases and comments required for publication. By entering, contestants certify that photo(s) are original and do not infringe on any third-party rights.
• Contestants will retain the rights to their photographs. However, contestants grant Tamron USA, Inc. and its agency unlimited rights, for 18 months, usage of the winning image, the winner’s name, photo, and likeness in any advertising/promotion efforts by Tamron USA, Inc.
• Contest is open to professional and amateur photographers using Tamron brand products. Employees and families of Tamron USA, Inc. are not eligible.
• Open to U.S. residents only.
• Images can be submitted in either TIFF or JPEG format, prints any size (color or black/white), or duplicate transparencies (no originals).
• The winning images will be posted in Tamron’s Password Protected – Viewfinder Only section, under contests, and in the Gallery section, by November 15, 2006.
• Void where prohibited by law. Any tax on the prize is the winner’s sole responsibility.
Mail submissions to:
Tamron USA, Inc.
10 Austin Blvd.
Commack, NY 11725
Attn: It’s a Wild World 2006
Or email to:
Subject Line: It’s a Wild World 2006