Last updated (31 July’10):
- Review by Lenstip
The Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G features 35mm at focal length with maximum aperture of f/1.4. The lens construction has 10 elements in 8 groups and has diagonal angle of view at 63 degrees. Closest focusing distance at 1′ (30cm) and has a filter size of 55mm. The Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G lens weighs 18 Ounces and it measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 3 inches long.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Reviews
Lenstip reviews the Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G and writes;
“In the case of both bodies the lens worked correctly, without any backfocus or frontfocus tendencies. You could notice the difference in the focusing motor quality used in A900 and in A100 because with the former the lens worked quieter and quicker; one must add, tough, the difference wasn’t huge.”
Photozone reviews the Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G and writes;
“Distortions and vignetting are very well controlled, less so longitudinal CAs (“bokeh CAs”). Some users mention a very good bokeh (out-of-focus blur) but we failed to see greatness here (note: the quality of the bokeh goes beyond the sheer depth-of-field). The build quality is excellent and the AF is fast enough for most applications…”
Kurtmunger reviews the Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G and writes;
“All other qualities are about the same as the 50mm F/1.4, such as light fall-off, distortion, color fringing, corner and center sharpness etc. On a minor note; the 35mm F/1.4 G has a higher reproduction ratio if you take close-up pictures..”
Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G User Reviews
Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Sample Photos
- Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Sample Photos @ Mylensdb.com
- Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Sample Photos @ Pbase.com
- Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Sample Photos @ Flickr.com
- Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Sample Photos @ Photozone.de
Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G User Manual
- Download Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G User Manual (PDF – 1.3Mb)
Sony SAL-35F14G 35mm f/1.4G Specifications
The superb Sony SAL-35F14G is the ultimate standard DSLR lens–with ultra-bright f1.4 performance. With its 35mm-equivalent 52.5mm focal length, this superb lens closely reproduces the natural angle of vision of the human eye–making it ideal for both general photo-imaging and fine-art photography applications where zoom capability might distract you from concentrating on aesthetic properties of your subject.
* Ultra-Bright f1.4 Aperture: In conjunction with the Super SteadyShot image stabilization system of the Sony α (Alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, this lens captures bright, steady images even working with hand-held camera in very low light.
* Glass-Molded Aspherical Lens: Improves optical stability and precision in creating sharper, more visually accurate images with minimal distortion even at fully open aperture.
* Focus Hold Button: For full creative control, a focus hold button located on the lens can lock auto-focusing.
* Auto Clutch: In auto-focus mode, the manual focus ring does not rotate–which improves handling ease.
Sony DSLR-A100, DSLR-A100K.
What’s in the Box:
Lens, front and rear lens cap, SH0001 lens hood.
See also: Carl Zeiss/Sony | Lens Reviews