Last updated (21 July’10):
– Review by Kurtmunger
The Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle features 20mm at focal length with maximum aperture of f2.8. The lens construction has 10 elements in 9 groups and has diagonal angle of view at 94 degrees. Closest focusing distance at 9.6” (25cm) and has a filter size of 72mm. The Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle lens weighs 10oz (285g) and it measures 78mm in diameter and 53.3mm long.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Reviews
Kurtmunger reviews the Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle and writes;
“The Sony 20mm is very sharp in the centers at F/2.8, where the “DT” lenses, such as the kit lens, 18-200mm, and 18-250mm are soft from F/3.5-4. Distortion, light fall-off and color fringing are all about the same when the zoom lenses are set at 20mm.”
Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle User Reviews
Beautiful Photos | Rating:
“My husband purchased this lens for my trip to South Africa – it did not disappoint. It captured some truly amazing pictures. Wonderful wide angle lens, crips photos, and doesn’t even take up much space in my camera bag – I couldn’t have asked for anything better! “ – by Aubrey L. Harns
Excellent wide angle lens | Rating:
“I like this lens very much because of its design, quality of construction and material. It gave my pictures great sharpness, good brightness, and color accuracy. I think it’s worth the money to own one.” – by Shutter Man
Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Sample Photos
– Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Sample Photos @ Mylensdb.com
– Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Sample Photos @ Pixel-peeper.com
– Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Sample Photos @ Pbase.com
– Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Sample Photos @ Flickr.com
Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle User Manual
– Download Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle User Manual (PDF – 362kb)
Sony SAL-20F28 20mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Specifications
It delivers a super-wide 94-degree angle of view, corrects visual aberrations from about 10 inches to infinity, and provides deep depth of field for complex shots that maintain sharp focus in both close foreground and far background. Mounted on the Sony α (Alpha) DSLR-A100 camera, this beautiful wide-angle lens achieves a 70-degree angle of view with 30mm focal length (35mm equivalent).
* Amazing Visual Accuracy: Advanced correcting techniques for optical distortion create visually accurate shots with minimum aberration–so foreground and background are both represented as actually seen.
* Clear, Sharp Imaging: With sophisticated optical coating to prevent internal reflection, this wide-angle lens achieves superb clarity and definition.
* Deep Depth of Field: The ability to keep both close foreground and distant background in critically sharp focus.
* Rear Focusing System: Lens elements at the rear of the lens move to increase autofocus speed and help you catch quick action.
* Circular Aperture: Conventional lenses close their apertures with blades that can create multi-sided shapes–but the aperture blades of this superb wide-angle lens form a near circle at the wide openings you’ll use for low-light shots, so spotlight sources have a pleasing circular defocused effect.
What’s in the box:
Lens, front and rear lens cap, SH0013 petal lens hood