Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 is a features Print Speed Via memory card: approx. 451 seconds (4 x 6 inches); via PictBridge: approx. 561 seconds (4 x 6 inches); Via PC: approx. 501 seconds, Large 3.6-inch LCD screen to preview images before printing, Dye sublimation printing method creates spectacularly vivid prints, One-button auto touch-up reduces red-eye, improves exposure, and sharpens focus at touch of button. The Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 measures 7.13 x 2.5 x 5.88 inches / 180 x 66 x 149 millimeters (W x H x D) and weighs 2 pounds 10 ounces / 1.2 kilograms without paper tray, ink ribbon, AC adapter.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 Reviews
PCmag reviews the Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 and writes;
“In any case, the Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90′s combination of speed and output quality is among the best available for small-format printers. Its balance of speed, quality, price, cost per print, and features (particularly the large LCD) make it a strong contender, well worth considering.”
Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 User Reviews
“I purchased one of these printers as a compliment to my Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-W80. To my surprise and delight the photos that this unit generates are equal to or superior to those I order from the corner drug store. I was REALLY impressed by the quickness of and the quality that it produces. Even more so, the prints are waterproof as the unit applies a laminated surface on the finished photo.” – by M. Jablonski
FABULOUS! AMAZING! WONDERFUL
“I JUST RECEIVED THIS, READ THE QUICK SET-UP DIRECTIONS AND WAS ABLE TO PRINT MY CHRISTMAS PHOTOS FOR ALL OF MY CHRISTMAS CARDS IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. THESE PICTURES ARE BETTER THAN ANY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPER I HAVE EVER TAKEN MY PICTURES TOO. I CAN’T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT. YOU CAN EDIT RIGHT FROM THE SCREEN. IT SENSES WHEN IT IS GETTING TOO HOT AND COOLS DOWN ON ITS OWN. THIS LASTS FOR ABOUT 15 SECONDS AT THE MOST. I LOVE THIS PRINTER.” – by Heidi J. Readler
I love it
“I Love the Sony picture station photo printer. The prints come out beautiful. They look like they were proccessed professionally. The compact size is great and I love that I can take it with me and it doesn’t have to be hooked up to my computer. “ – by S. Hessert
Great Little Printer
“What a great little printer. Super high quality color prints spit out fast and effortlessly. Easy to use and even color corrects. Couldn’t be more satisfied with this item. I find myself taking more photos just for the chance to use this nifty printer. Couldn’t offer a higher satisfaction rating. One of the few things I’ve ever purchased that I’m completely satisfied with. Well worth your investment.” – by Godsgift
Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 Brochure & User Guide
Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 Features
Product Description Positioning Statement Capture, connect, view, print–and in about 45 seconds1, the Sony Picture Station DPP-FP90 Photo Printer can deliver a spectacular 4″ x 6″ color print direct from your Sony Cyber-shot camera or from most flash media formats2. The DPP-FP90 features a one-button Auto Touch-Up and large built-in LCD screen to preview images before you print–and Sony’s advanced dye sublimation method provides over 16 million colors for vivid photo prints that remain bright and beautiful, year after year.
* Fast, Convenient Color Printing : Sony’s compact DPP-F90 Picture Station photo printer produces lab-quality color prints quickly and easily at home, office, even while traveling.
* High Speed, Low Cost : With new high-speed Bionz image processing technology, Picture Station printers can create full-sized 4″ x 6″ prints in about 45 seconds1 from flash media cards or in about 56 seconds from a direct PictBridge connection4 to a Sony Cyber-shot camera.
* Advanced Dye Sublimation Process : The Sony dye sublimation method can print 256 shades for each of three dye colors–cyan, magenta and yellow. That adds up to 16.7 million distinct colors for each Pixel, creating spectacularly vivid prints with smooth color gradations that look more natural.
* On-Screen Image Preview : The Sony DPP-FP90 Picture Station printer features a free-angle 3.6″3 Clear Photo LCD Screen (230k Pixels) that let you preview images before you print.
* One-Button Auto Touch-Up Control : As easily as touching a button, your Picture Station printer can save a flawed shot by helping to reduce red-eye effect, improve exposure and sharpen focus for best results when you print.
* Face Detection, D-Range Optimizer : Powered by the new Sony Bionz Image Processor, Picture Station printers provide Face Detection that can bring out the best in faces — and D-Range Optimizer that helps to reveal more detail in both bright highlights and dark shadows, so it’s easier to see facial expressions even in low light or backlight conditions.
* Direct Input for Multiple Media Formats2 : The DPP-FP90 supports multiple standard media formats2, including Memory Stick media, Memory Stick Duo media, Memory Stick PRO Duo Media, SD, SDHC, and miniSD media (without adaptor) as well as Compact Flash media, Micro Drive media and other standard media (with optional adaptors).
* Additional Photo Editing Features : Picture Station printers allow you to enlarge, reduce or rotate images, shift images to improve composition, add special filter effects (cross-filter highlights, partial color, sepia, monochrome, paint and fisheye lens effect), and superimpose messages or greetings on photo prints.
* Index Print for Quick Reference : Just as professional photographs create contact sheets to determine which photos to print, your Picture Station printer lets you make an Index Print of Thumbnail images direct from your memory card — then quickly review the images with family and friends before making the photo prints you want.
* ID Print Feature : By adjusting simple height and width settings, you can reproduce multiple ID photos in full color on postcard-sized paper — no need to depend on Internet services, photo labs or print shops.
* Long-Lasting SuperCoat2 Durability : ony Picture Station printers fuse a durable protective laminate coating to each print, protecting the surface from fingerprints, moisture and color fading so your color photos can remain bright and beautiful, year after year.
* Convenient PictBridge Printing : Connect a PictBridge compatible camera4 to your Sony Picture Station printer and make prints using your built-in LCD Screen to preview pictures — saving the time it would take to turn on a computer, download images from a Digital camera, and transfer files to a printer.
* Portable Design with Carrying Handle : Compact, lightweight Picture Station photo printers make handy traveling companions, so you can produce lab-quality prints wherever you take your Sony Cyber-shot camera — even on vacation or when visiting friends and relatives.
See also: Printers