Sigma has announced the launch of Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO Lens, a specifically designed lens for digital SLR camera featuring APS-C size image sensor.
The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO lens.
The lens is ideally suited for a wide variety of subjects and is designed specifically for digital SLR cameras featuring APS-C size image sensor.
The new Sigma 17-70mm is a large aperture standard zoom lens designed specially for digital SLR cameras.
- Minimum focusing distance of 20cm,with an impressive maximum magnification of 1:2.3. at all focal lengths.
- New design and multi layer lens coating reduce flare and ghosting.
- Aspherical and SLD lenses offer excellent correction for various aberrations.
- Large aperture of F2.8 at the wide angle setting.
This revolutionary lens has a minimum focusing distance of 20cm (7.9”) throughout the entire zoom range. A maximum magnification of 1:2.3 enables extreme close-up photography. An impressive achievement for a standard zoom lens. The new lens design and multi layer lens coating reduce flare and ghosting, a common problem with digital cameras. A Special Low Dispersion (SLD) lens and two aspherical lens elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations and produce a high level of optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.
This lens offers a large F2.8 aperture at 17mm wide angle and yet it is compact, with an overall length of just 79mm (3.1”) and diameter 82.5mm (3.2”). Performance is superb, even in relatively low light conditions indoors or at dusk.
The lens design incorporates an inner focusing system, which ensures fast AF speed as well as preventing the front of the lens rotating, making it particularly suitable for use with circular polarizing filters and petal shaped lens hoods.
This lens is also equipped with a zoom lock that eliminates “Zoom Creep” during transportation.
Focal Length :17-70mm
Minimum Aperture :F22
Lens Construction : 15 Elements in 12 Groups
Angle of View :72.4°-20.2°
Number of Diaphragm Blades : 7pcs
Minimum Focusing Distance : 20cm (7.9”)
Maximum Magnification : 1：2.3
Filter Size : 72mm
Lens Hood: petal Hood
Dimensions :Diameter 79mm (3.1in”)X Length 82.5mm (3.2”)
Weight : 455gr /16.0oz
SRP : £269.99
- EX Filter Multi-Coated UV72 mm 0085126 912451
- EX Filter Wide Multi-Coated Circular PL72 mm 0085126 912550
- The appearance and specifications of the product are subject to change for improvement without notice.
- Vignetting will occur if the lens is used with digital cameras with image sensors larger than APS-C size or 35mm SLR cameras.
See also: News | Sigma Lenses