Last update (17 November’08):
– Review & Sample Photos @ Cameras.uk
– Latest Price Info: Buy this camera now and save 41%
The Samsung S730 is a 7.1 million effective pixels point-and-shoot digital camera (announced 7 January’07) features 3x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 35-105mm), 16MB Internal memory, ISO setting: 80-100, and a 2.5″ LCD Screen. The camera measures 100 x 63 x 26 mm (3.9 x 2.5 x 1 in), weighs 186 g (6.6 oz) and running on AA (2) batteries.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info (Discount: 41%)
Samsung S730 Reviews
Cameras.uk reviews the Samsung S730 and writes;
“If you are looking for a relatively inexpensive digital camera offering manual exposure then the Samsung Digimax S730 is an option. As you would expect at this price level the camera does have one or two weaker areas, but it still offers fair value for money against many of its competitors.”
DCI reviews the Samsung S730 and writes;
“The S730 and S630 are budget cameras in both price and features. Neither has any features that really excite us, but they are both competent cameras that are priced under $200, almost an impulse buy.”
ePhotozine reviews the Samsung S730 and writes;
“The landscape test shows good detail with no evidence of fringing in areas of colour transition. The portrait shot test also shows good rendition of detail and provides a good likeness of colours..With good results in all ISO modes and the Macro function, the S730 is easy to use, good value for money and an ideal starter camera for any first-time digital camera buyer.”
TrustedReviews reviews the Samsung S730 and writes;
“…picture quality has good points and bad. Overall detail and sharpness are very good indeed; in fact I would say that it produced better results than most of the other 7MP compacts I’ve reviewed recently. Noise control was very good up to 200 ISO and acceptable at 400 ISO, although the 800 and 1000 ISO settings would produce quite poor quality even as snapshot prints.”
Samsung S730 Samples
Samsung S730 User Manuals (PDF)
– Download Samsung S730 User Manual (English)
Samsung S730 Press Release
7 January 2007 – Samsung Cameras is pleased to announce the release of the 7 mega-pixel S730. This user friendly point-and-shoot digital camera represents the next generation model of Samsung’s popular point-and-shoot digital still camera products. This powerful, compact camera combines Samsung’s advanced image processing technology and quality optics with a straightforward, uncluttered user interface and stylish ergonomic design.
The S730 simplifies the picture-taking process to let photographers capture pictures without worrying about adjusting multiple settings. Samsung’s ASR image stabilization system helps to reduce camera shake and image blur during longer exposures and in situations where holding the camera steady is impossible or a tripod is unavailable. When taking pictures outdoors, the S730 automatically detect environmental light conditions through the CCD and adjust the brightness of the LCD display for optimal image viewing.
For maximum versatility, the S730 can be powered by optional Samsung rechargeable Ni-MH batteries as well as available-everywhere AA alkaline batteries.
Other features include:
* A bright 2.5” LCD display
* Red-eye reduction capabilities
* 20 megabytes of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes (includes SD, MMC and SDHC)
* Dedicated modes for common-yet-difficult shooting situations, including Close-Up (to capture all of the detail at a subject at a close focal range), Sunset (to take advantage of soft, waning light), and Backlight (to compensate for a dark subject lit from behind)
* Movie mode lets users capture video in one of four resolutions, from 320×240 to 640×480, at up to 15 frames per second in AVI (MJPEG-4) format. Image stabilisation can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur when recording
* A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
* Voice recording for up to one-hour, voice memo and “One-touch Playback” for instant playback of an image, even when the power is off.
* Includes Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4), enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera