Last update: Review & Sample Photos @ TrustedReviews (01 March’08)
The Samsung L830 (announced 11 July’07) is a point-and-shoot digital camera features 8.1 megapixels CCD sensor, 3x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 38-114mm), Advanced Shake Reduction, face detection AF & AE and a 2.5″ TFT LCD screen. The camera measures 95x59x21mm and weighs Approx. 132.6g.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Samsung L830 Reviews
TrustedReviews reviews the Samsung L830 and writes;
“The Samsung L830 is in many ways the epitome of the average digital camera. It is fairly cheap, light and compact, well made and inoffensively designed. It has some problems with handling, but performs well under most circumstances, and does offer one or two unusual features for the price.”
CNET reviews the Samsung L830 and writes;
” The bottom line: The Samsung L830 is a compact 8-megapixel camera that offers plenty of manual controls, but its sluggish shooting and disappointing picture quality hold it back.”
Steve’sDigicams reviews the Samsung L830 and writes;
“When shooting in portrait mode, the camera did a very good job of adjusting the settings for the present shooting conditions, however, at some times it will sacrifice the quality of the image if necessary.. With a price of around US$179 or less, this is a good deal for the quality and performance you will get.”
Samsung L830 Samples
- Samsung L830 Sample Photos @ Steve’sDigicams
Samsung L830 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
- Download Samsung L830 User Manual (PDF – 10.5 MB)
Samsung L830 Press Release
11 July 2007 – Samsung Cameras leaders in digital imaging and innovation is pleased to announce the release of the 7 mega pixel L730 and the 8 mega pixel L830. These two easy to use digital compact cameras are the next generation models of Samsung’s popular L series cameras. Both cameras combine Samsung’s advanced image processing technology and Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, encased in a compact aluminum body.
Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, detects the subject’s face and automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits. The AF function instantaneously recognizes the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them, then the AE function takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
Both models also feature 3x optical zoom, a bright 2.5″ LCD display and a suite of advanced video and editing features.
Other features include:
* Movie mode lets users capture video, with or without audio, in one of four resolutions, from 320×240 to 800×592
* Shutter speeds of up to 1/1,500 sec for fast moving subjects
* An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
* Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
* 16 megabytes of internal memory, and both models accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
* Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4) is also included in the box of both models enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera
See also: Digital Camera | Samsung