Last Update: Preview by DigitalCameraInfo (added on 02.02.07)
Samsung L73 is a slim point-and-shoot digital camera (announced 08.01.07) featuring 7.2 million effective pixels, 3x optical zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 35~105mm), face recognition technology, voice recording, and a 2.5-inch TFT LCD screen. The Samsung L73 is measuring in at 98 x 59 x 20.3 mm, weighing 140 g and it’s running on Rechargeable battery SLB-0837.
>> REVIEWS (last updated: 02.02.07)
DigitalCameraInfo have written a preview of the Samsung L73 and write;
“The Samsung L73 has an interesting selection of features, but there are a few missing that we would like to see at the price…The Smart Touch system provides an interesting solution to the problem of providing users with the ability to control the camera without overwhelming them with options. We’ll see how the image quality stacks up when we get a finished camera to review.. Likes: Smart Touch Interface, Sharp, clear LCD screen, Face recognition AF and AE. Dislikes:No image stabilization, Fingers sometimes cover the flash, Auto Focus has difficulties in low light, Seemingly limited burst mode”
>> SAMPLE PHOTOS
>> PRESS RELEASE
Samsung Introduces the Powerful, Pocket-Sized L73
8 January, 2007 – Samsung Cameras today announced the release of the Samsung L73, a sleek and pocket-sized digital point-and-shoot camera with a 7 mega pixel image sensor and a precision 3x optical zoom lens. The L73, equipped with Smart Touch technology, is the ideal camera for photographers who want a compact digital camera they can take anywhere without compromising on features, image quality or ease of use. Housed in a lustrous black or silver finish, the L73 boasts many of the features typically reserved for cameras that cost twice as much.
The L73 includes Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits, and other shots featuring people. The AF function instantaneously recognises the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them. The AE function then takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
The L73 also features Samsung’s proprietary ASR image stabilisation system help to reduce camera shake and image blur during longer exposures and in situations where holding the camera steady is impossible. When enabled, Samsung’s Wise Shot automatically takes two consecutive pictures in rapid succession¬ – one with ASR image stabilisation enabled, and one with the flash – and prompts the user to review both and keep the preferred version.
Other features include:
- Samsung’s Smart Touch interface, which employs two sets of pressure sensitive buttons to quickly access the camera’s controls
- A bright and vivid 2.5” TFT LCD screen
- Movie mode lets users capture video in one of four resolutions, from 320×240 to 800×600, at up to 30 frames per second in AVI (MPEG-4) format. Image stabilization can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur – images can also be edited in the camera
- Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec for fast moving subjects
- An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
- Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
- Motion Timer – the L73 can take a self timed picture triggered when the subject has stopped moving
- A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
- Includes Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4), enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera
- Features 19 megabytes of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes
See also: Digital Camera | Samsung