Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon is part of Pocket Wizard’s Control TL product line that gives Mini TT1 and Flex TT5 users three zones of flash control. It features Three independent zones of flash control, 6 stops of flash control in 1/3rd stop increments, Works in PowerTracking/E-TTL II or Manual mode, Turn zones on and off remotely, and Works with Canon Speedlites, AlienBees, White Lightning and Elinchrom RX flash. The Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon has measures 2 x 1.7 x 0.9″ (5 x 4.2 x 2.1 cm) and weighs 0.82 oz (23.25 g).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon User Reviews
Small & simple & it works
“This tiny controller gives you three easy dials to set your flash output if you’re using a Pocket Wizard setup for remote-triggered flashes. It’s far far easier than going to your flash, unwrapping it, drilling down through the menus, setting the output, going back to the camera, and trying the shot again. If you have one flash you can set the output from the camera body, but with two flashes the AC3 really is a time-saver. “ – By Hankk
Finally something coming out of the Flex/Mini Line that works
“While I could prattle on about the much maligned Flex/Mini/AC7, a debacle for Canon owners, I only have good things to say about this little guy. So far it has worked beautifully, easy to attach, its simple to use, it saves time, it does not need batteries, and its sits in a convenient location. I guess I could complain about the price, but I think its worth it, so 5 stars.” – By C. Ramirez
Works exactly as advertised
“This is probably the best timesaver a photographer using Pocket Wizards could buy. It works just as advertised giving you 6 f/stops of control over remote flashes. I use it with Canon 580II and it really does let me dial up each flash (up to 3 channels) independently. The only potential problem I can see is that the dials are fairly soft in the clicks. Meaning you can easily spin a dial if you brush it against your sleeve. Over time this may get looser – but I will expect warranty work if it does 🙂 Other than that, it locks on solid to the TT1 and permanently lives on my camera now.” – By Gene Naftulyev
Excellent addition to the PocketWizard family
“The PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon flashes is a really nice add-on to the PocketWizard remotes. I own the FlexTT5 and MiniTT1 remotes, which I have come to love once the radio frequency issues were addressed (or perhaps more accurately, once I obtained flashes that limited any problems that might still exist), and the AC3 controller works great with my equipment. This guy works as advertised– you can change the flash power of all your Canon flashes attached to your PocketWizards right from your camera…” – By E. Lacey
Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon Expert Reviews
Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon User Manual
– Download (Photo-studio-Name) User Manual (PDF – 469kb)
Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Canon Features & Specifications
The AC3 ZoneController for Canon is the gem of the ControlTL™ product line. Add it to your on-camera MiniTT1™ Transmitter or FlexTT5™ Transceiver and you instantly have three zones of flash control. Whether working in E-TTL II or Manual mode, you now have control over all your flashes directly from the camera’s position. Put your flashes wherever you want, without worrying about having to access them during a shoot. With the AC3 ZoneController, you are in total control of your flash.
Three clearly labeled dials allow you to increase or decrease power to three zones of flash in 1/3-stop increments with a range of up to six stops. Three switches allow you to change zones between Manual, Auto (PowerTracking/E-TTL II) or OFF. Best of all, the design is simple with an intuitive interface. When matched with the PowerST4 or AC9 AlienBees Adapter, you can now control ElinchromRX1, White Lightning2 and AlienBees2 flashes right from the camera’s position.
• Three independent zones of flash control
• 6 stops of flash control in 1/3rd stop increments
• Works in PowerTracking/E-TTL II or Manual mode
• Turn zones on and off remotely
• Works with Canon Speedlites, AlienBees, White Lightning and Elinchrom RX flash. Nikon coming soon.
• Put your flashes where you want, without worrying about accessing them during a shoot.
* ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s new firmware platform taps into the full potential of your camera and flash system enabling an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio communications. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
* E-TTL II Compatibility: Designed to work seamlessly with Canon’s E-TTL II system, the AC3 ZoneController removes operating complexity with its easy-to-use design. Nikon i-TTL version coming soon.
* Manual Power Control: With three simple dials, you can quickly adjust the power settings for three independent zones in 1/3rd stop increments with a six stop range.
* ZoneControl: Control up to three zones of light, each with one or more flashes, right from the camera’s position. Set them all on manual, auto, or mix the settings between zones. Need to turn a zone off? Just slide a switch and it’s off.
* PowerTracking: In Auto Mode, change ISO, aperture, or FEC and the lights automatically adjust their compensating power setting with PocketWizard PowerTracking. Set your AC3 ZoneController to manual and PowerTracking is turned off for absolute manual control. PowerTracking can be customized via the PocketWizard Utility.
* Studio Flash Compatibility: When used in conjunction with a PowerST4 Receiver for Elinchrom RX, or a FlexTT5 paired with an AC9 AlienBees Adapter, you have remote power control over Elinchrom RX, AlienBees and White Lightning studio flash. You can also mix these with Canon E-TTL or any other PocketWizard triggered flash.
* Simple Design: The AC3 weighs almost nothing and slips into the top-shoe of your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. There are three dials and three switches, one for each zone.
* Auto-Manual Switch: This switch allows you to set each zone to either Manual Power Control, Auto (PowerTracking/E-TTL II) or Off. Set it to off and that zone will not fire.
* Easy to read dials: Clearly labeled from +3 to -3 in 1/3rd stop increments. In Auto mode, the dials act as flash exposure compensation. In manual mode, +3 on the dial is your flashes maximum power level. Adjust the dial down to control your power in 1/3rd stop increments for up to six stops of control.