Photoshop Tutorial: Page Curl

In this tutorial we are going to show how you can make a page curl effect with simple steps using warp technique in photoshop.

page curl tutorial

Step 1) Get both images on layer 1 and layer 2 like image below

page curl tutorial

Step 2) Select layer 2 and go to edit>free transform or by pressing ctrl+t

page curl tutorial

Step 3) Right click on your image, and choose warp.

page curl tutorial

Step 4) Now, warp your image anyway you need. I did mine like this:

page curl tutorial

Step 5)
Right click, choose free transform, then double click to go deactivate free transform.

Step 6) Now double click on your layer to bring your ‘layer style’ options. Apply and experiment with drop shadow, and bevel & emboss for desired look. Here’s mine:

page curl tutorial

That’s it!

Originally written 25 Feb’08

33 Responses to “Photoshop Tutorial: Page Curl”

1. Elliot says:

real good tutorial. Just what i wanted!!!! 😀

2. O.J says:

i dont have the wrap function, im using photoshop 7.0….so plz tell me how i can do it or how i can get the wrap function….thnx

3. Tom says:

Warp is only available in CS2 I believe.?

4. Mr. B. C. Phukan says:

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I’m using Photoshop 7, but in Free Transform menu, I don’t find the feature “warp”. Could you help ?

5. nik says:

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

6. Azmeir says:

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

7. Edmund says:

Nice tutorial. Same problem with other users. How can I get the warp function?
    It is very useful if you can share how we could get the warp function. Can you give it to me? please.

Thanx

8. Tom is right, the warp function is only available on Photoshop CS2, I am not really sure how to this effect with the previous photoshop version

9. gone says:

This article is not working in photoshop 7.0. May be it does work in CS

10. Ricko says:

Great tutorial! wow you are good!

11. monica says:

I have photoshop CS2 but not the function warp. Can you help me?

12. Frank says:

Hello Monica,

if you have realy CS2, you should have the function warp! Please go to edit >transform, in the end off the list you should find the entry warp.
    If not, maybe you have the old version CS of Photoshop…

Sorry for my bad English 😉

Frank

13. ramesh says:

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I am using phtoshop 6.0 but Free Transform menu, I am not find the “warp”. Could you help me? how can make page curl in photoshop 6

please sir i am watiing for your urgent/favourable response

thanks

14. Peter says:

A bit off the subject.

I just got my new Canon EOS Rebel XTI/400D and I currently have Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I can’t seem to get photoshop to open Raw images.

thanks

Peter

15. Peter, I don’t think PS7 supports RAW files from 400D. Try to download the Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in first… See how it goes.

16. Tess says:

Thanks a lot … you make it sound easy.. hopefully I can follow…

17. Kaya says:

There isn’t a warp feature in PS 7, people.

Thanks; I had wondered how to do this!

18. KimberlyRae says:

Hello
    Wow! This is GREAT! I’m using CS3 photoshop and when I get to the warping it warps BUT it leaves my white border OFF the curl part and ONLY leaves it on the under part and the border….help please???? TYIA!

19. Rubrics Cubed says:

Not everyone is a millionaire or full-time graphics design pro who can afford every blasted version upgrade Adobe pumps out. IMHO, it’d be really helpful if ALL tutorial creators would CLEARLY LABEL their tuts with a minimum PS value i.e., PS 5.5 and 6, or 7+ (similar to Win reqs – i.e., Win98/WinXP) so when we Google for ’em, useless tuts wouldn’t show up to send us on wild goose chases.

20. Gary says:

outstanding – much appreciated!

21. Regina says:

I love this new take on the classic page curl. So simple and yet so unique.

22. neeraj Aggarwal says:

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I am using phtoshop 6.0 but Free Transform menu, I am not find the “warp”. Could you help me? how can make page curl in photoshop 7

please sir i am watiing for your urgent/favourable response

thanks

23. photo retouching says:

A really nice looking result, also a very easy to follow tutorial

24. marcio paz says:

Hi my name marcio from Brazil i have some picture made in the photoshop.wedding to use the photoshop in imagem

25. Tousiv says:

you can install the adobe photoshop cs2.. wrap function is available in cs2

26. Joe J says:

Here here! I agree

27. online stock trading tips says:

Topic which you have discussed is very useful and valuable.

28. Tucwebhost says:

whoooo! great job .i will also like to do one of my pictures like this,keep it up.

29. Chantal says:

did they awnswer you cos i need to know aswell for 6.0

30. Chii Bagrex says:

hi, i’m Andryanto from Indonesia,,
    After i read u’r tutorial,, i’m very like it,, cz i’m a beginner in photoshop, n want to try something new about it,,

I’ll try u’r tutorial,,
    nice topic,, ^_^

31. Siggy says:

I had the same problem using PS7 . . . no warp tool. But I found this easy answer on the internet.

In PS7 you have to use the sherize and pinch filters, add some drop shadows and highlights and there you have it. You’ll have to play with the filters, but they work great! Hope this helps.

32. Raju Pawar says:

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

33. Jimmy says:

Have tried this one and some others. They are not suitable for HQ work. The only benefit they’re free.

Sorry, I gotta find a better solution. maybe even the plugin!