Photoshop Tutorial: Page Curl

In this tutorial we are going to show how you can make a page curl effect with simple steps using warp technique in photoshop.

page curl tutorial

Step 1) Get both images on layer 1 and layer 2 like image below

page curl tutorial

Step 2) Select layer 2 and go to edit>free transform or by pressing ctrl+t

page curl tutorial

Step 3) Right click on your image, and choose warp.

page curl tutorial

Step 4) Now, warp your image anyway you need. I did mine like this:

page curl tutorial

Step 5)
Right click, choose free transform, then double click to go deactivate free transform.

Step 6) Now double click on your layer to bring your ‘layer style’ options. Apply and experiment with drop shadow, and bevel & emboss for desired look. Here’s mine:

page curl tutorial

That’s it!

Originally written 25 Feb’08

See also: Photoshop Tutorials

RSS feed | Trackback URI

Comment by Elliot
2006-03-01 05:06:33

real good tutorial. Just what i wanted!!!! :D

Comment by O.J
2006-03-03 15:40:50

i dont have the wrap function, im using photoshop 7.0….so plz tell me how i can do it or how i can get the wrap function….thnx

Comment by Tousiv
2009-09-21 17:18:43

you can install the adobe photoshop cs2.. wrap function is available in cs2

Comment by Tom
2006-03-12 11:47:39

Warp is only available in CS2 I believe.?

Comment by Mr. B. C. Phukan
2006-04-15 17:32:11

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I’m using Photoshop 7, but in Free Transform menu, I don’t find the feature “warp”. Could you help ?

Comment by nik
2006-04-28 17:05:05

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

Comment by Azmeir
2006-05-10 17:02:49

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

Comment by Raju Pawar Subscribed to comments via email
2011-07-11 21:49:06

Please tell me how I can use the warp effect in photoshop 7.0

Comment by Edmund
2006-06-06 22:29:55

Nice tutorial. Same problem with other users. How can I get the warp function?
It is very useful if you can share how we could get the warp function. Can you give it to me? please.

Thanx

Comment by Dphotojournal com
2006-06-06 23:47:03

Tom is right, the warp function is only available on Photoshop CS2, I am not really sure how to this effect with the previous photoshop version

Comment by gone
2007-02-20 17:18:12

This article is not working in photoshop 7.0. May be it does work in CS

Comment by Ricko
2007-02-28 18:24:16

Great tutorial! wow you are good!

Comment by monica
2007-04-04 16:20:32

I have photoshop CS2 but not the function warp. Can you help me?

Comment by Frank Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-25 00:08:21

Hello Monica,

if you have realy CS2, you should have the function warp! Please go to edit >transform, in the end off the list you should find the entry warp.
If not, maybe you have the old version CS of Photoshop…

Sorry for my bad English ;-)

Frank

Comment by ramesh Subscribed to comments via email
2007-09-17 18:55:36

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I am using phtoshop 6.0 but Free Transform menu, I am not find the “warp”. Could you help me? how can make page curl in photoshop 6

please sir i am watiing for your urgent/favourable response

thanks

Comment by neeraj Aggarwal
2009-01-29 02:55:22

The tutorial is wonderful and very useful. I am using phtoshop 6.0 but Free Transform menu, I am not find the “warp”. Could you help me? how can make page curl in photoshop 7

please sir i am watiing for your urgent/favourable response

thanks

Comment by Chantal Subscribed to comments via email
2010-10-21 06:39:02

did they awnswer you cos i need to know aswell for 6.0

Comment by Peter Subscribed to comments via email
2007-09-21 01:35:19

A bit off the subject.

I just got my new Canon EOS Rebel XTI/400D and I currently have Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I can’t seem to get photoshop to open Raw images.

thanks

Peter

Comment by Dphotojournal com
2007-09-21 12:48:20

Peter, I don’t think PS7 supports RAW files from 400D. Try to download the Camera Raw 3.7 plug-in first… See how it goes.

Comment by Tess
2007-10-29 12:52:40

Thanks a lot … you make it sound easy.. hopefully I can follow…

Comment by Kaya
2008-03-18 10:31:45

There isn’t a warp feature in PS 7, people.

Thanks; I had wondered how to do this!

Comment by KimberlyRae Subscribed to comments via email
2008-06-23 12:18:45

Hello
Wow! This is GREAT! I’m using CS3 photoshop and when I get to the warping it warps BUT it leaves my white border OFF the curl part and ONLY leaves it on the under part and the border….help please???? TYIA!

Comment by Rubrics Cubed
2008-09-18 08:53:42

Not everyone is a millionaire or full-time graphics design pro who can afford every blasted version upgrade Adobe pumps out. IMHO, it’d be really helpful if ALL tutorial creators would CLEARLY LABEL their tuts with a minimum PS value i.e., PS 5.5 and 6, or 7+ (similar to Win reqs – i.e., Win98/WinXP) so when we Google for ‘em, useless tuts wouldn’t show up to send us on wild goose chases.

Comment by Joe J
2009-11-22 17:00:16

Here here! I agree

Comment by Gary
2008-10-02 10:54:33

outstanding – much appreciated!

Comment by Regina
2008-11-18 06:21:58

I love this new take on the classic page curl. So simple and yet so unique.

Comment by photo retouching
2009-04-28 02:28:51

A really nice looking result, also a very easy to follow tutorial

Comment by marcio paz
2009-07-21 20:36:11

Hi my name marcio from Brazil i have some picture made in the photoshop.wedding to use the photoshop in imagem

Comment by online stock trading tips
2010-04-17 03:40:40

Topic which you have discussed is very useful and valuable.

Comment by Tucwebhost
2010-06-29 10:30:31

whoooo! great job .i will also like to do one of my pictures like this,keep it up.

Comment by Chii Bagrex
2010-12-15 23:18:44

hi, i’m Andryanto from Indonesia,,
After i read u’r tutorial,, i’m very like it,, cz i’m a beginner in photoshop, n want to try something new about it,,

I’ll try u’r tutorial,,
nice topic,, ^_^

Comment by Siggy
2011-03-07 22:35:06

I had the same problem using PS7 . . . no warp tool. But I found this easy answer on the internet.

In PS7 you have to use the sherize and pinch filters, add some drop shadows and highlights and there you have it. You’ll have to play with the filters, but they work great! Hope this helps.

Comment by Jimmy
2012-03-17 10:24:14

Have tried this one and some others. They are not suitable for HQ work. The only benefit they’re free.

Sorry, I gotta find a better solution. maybe even the plugin!