Halloween Photoshop Tutorial: Creating Zombie

This Photoshop CS2 tutorial will show you how to rot people’s face, expose their skull and turn them into zombie.

zombie
Video tutorial is also available here

What you need:
+ A portrait of the victim. AKA, the zombie and a picture of a human skull. Ideally in the roughly the same pose as your portrait which can be found on Google images.
zombie-tutorial-01
+ Download The “Pretty” free brush collection found here. Ideally you will need to grab “Pretty Cuts`n`cracks” & “Pretty Sore”
+ Download The “Veins” brushes here.
+ It would also be nice if you had the `tonemapping` plug-in by Photomatix. Not essential but handy.

Let’s get started!

OK, First off, install the downloaded brushes into your Photoshop brushes folder, we’ll need them a bit later.

STAGE 1

Now, we need to prepare your portrait. These next steps are not obligatory, and you can skip to Stage 2 and start to zombify your image.

how to create a zombie

I would recommend resizing the image to roughly 1300 pixels at its longest edge. The reason for this is that some of the brushes we downloaded earlier look a bit crappy if we try to enlarge them to accommodate a bigger image, I found that working on a medium sized image allows us to retain the clarity of the brushes later on. You may crop it to the desired format at this point as well as I have below.

how to create a zombie

Next, and this part is optional, we tonemap the image. So first off you will need to convert the image to 16-bit, the run the tonemapping filter. Play with the sliders until you get an effect you like. I use tonemapping as it gives the image a nice dirty look.

how to create a zombie

Next I duplicate that bottom layer,s o now we have two layers the same. Selecting the top layer You need to Desaturate it (CTRL+SHIFT+U) then set the blending mode of the newest layer to OVERLAY. Set the opacity of the new layer to roughly 70%. You should end up with something akin to this.

how to create a zombie

We need to bring the eye detail back into the image, so we are going to add a layer mask to the top layer. To do this, select the layer and click the little black rectangle with the white circle at the bottom of the layers palette. You should now get a white rectangle alongside the thumbnail of the top layer. Next select the brush tool and select black as your colour. Now click on the white rectangle next to the top layer thumbnail to select it. Now you should be able to `paint` over the eye and you will see the bottom layer appear. Close up view below.

how to create a zombie

OK, now that’s all done, we will flatten these two layers into a new single layer, press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+N then CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+E. this will consolidate all the work we have done so far into a new, single layer. This will now act as our base image. You may hide the previous 2 layers.

STAGE 2 – Adding the skull

Right, now we need to add the skull to the image and fit it to our face. The image of the skull I use in this tutorial was a skull I borrowed from the Oral Surgery department at the hospital where I work. Anyway, I opened the image in Photoshop, cropped the skull to size, then copied it into my base document.­­

I reduced the opacity of the skull to 50%, then hit CTRL+T to enter into transform mode. Move and resize the skull to fit your face. The best way to line this up so it is more realistic is to pay attention to key feature. The most important being the upper ridge of the eye-socket lines up with the same ridge on your face, the jawbone needs to roughly line up as well, and also make sure the teeth and nose are in roughly the right place. This may mean you need to distort the skull image quite a lot from how it originally looked, but since we wont be seeing too much of the skull it doesn’t matter if the rest of it isn’t perfect.. basically the ridges of the eyes/eyebrows, the teeth and the nose are the most important here. See below for example.

how to create a zombie

Once you are happy with the skull placement, hit enter and then set the opacity of the layer back upto 100%. Add a layer mask to the skull layer and mask out the edges around the skull. I also had to mask around the fingers as they would, in real-life(?) be obstructing the face/skull. This is what I have so far, hopefully yours will be looking something like this now.

how to create a zombie

OK, next we need to go back to our base layer, that is the composite of the first two layers, and duplicate it and drag it to the top of the layer stack. Create a layer mask on that layer and get ready to scrape away some of your skin!!

Selecting the newest layer mask, select the brush tool, medium hardness, and select black from the colour palette (remember you can switch between Black and White by pressing the “X” key). Now, when you start to paint on the face, you will see the skull layer beginning to appear, freaky huh? I find its best to completely paint out the nose and one of the eyes and of course the teeth! Another great tip to remember is to use the square brackets “[ & ]” to alter your brush size on-the-fly.

Take you time on this stage and have fun, pay particular attention to the area around the teeth and try to make the skin/teeth blend in nicely together. Hopefully your image will look something similar to this now.

how to create a zombie

Even at this stage the picture looks super gruesome already, but what kind of self-respecting zombie doesn’t have a bit of flesh-rot to really stink up the place!! This is where things get very nasty indeed.

STAGE 3 – Rips and Scars and Veins, oh my!!

OK, next you need to create another layer, name this one VEINS.

OK, here you need to load up the “Pretty Cracks & Sores” brush set we downloaded earlier. These are pretty big brushes, however we really need them to cover the whole face (we will mask out the surplus veins in a minute). Select a brush you like the look of, choose a nice dark, deep red from the colour picker (and RGB value of 74,0,0 works well) and stamp it over your face (on the new layer). Don’t worry if it looks a bit strange at the moment. Add a layer mask to this layer and use the black brush tool to delete the veins’n’stuff from areas that don’t need them (eyes, bits of skull, fingers, teeth etc). Set the layer mode to `Multiply”. Again, spend a bit of time on this to make it look badass. Once finished, right click on the layer. Select “Blending Options” and put a tick in the “Bevel & Emboss” check box, here I used the defaults but adjusted the depth a tiny bit to increase the bumpiness of the veins.

Now, you can add more layers and use more of the brushes we download earlier to add more scarring, tearing and veinage, experiment and have fun, it really is great defacing yourself or a loved one!! Remember to use separate layers for the hands, body etc.

how to create a zombie

So next is just a few more overall cosmetic changes to the image to make it darker & grittier. Basically I just add a gradient map layer (black to white), contrast/brightness layer and adjust to taste!! Now, hopefully you should be zombified up to the max. George Romero would be proud of you! R.I.P.

how to create a zombie

Rate this tutorial: [ratings]

Creating Zombie Tutorial by Mark Simms [ e-mail | Flickr | DPChalange ]

Other Great Photoshop Tutorials

Learn Photoshop In Just 2 Hours
Master The Basics Of Adobe Photoshop In Under 2 Hours With Easy To Follow Instantly Accessible Online Video Tutorials.

Photo Editing With Photoshop
Learn How To Use Adobe Photoshop To Quickly And Easily Edit Your Photos Like The Professionals.

Photoshop Video Training Tutorials
Learn How To Master Both Beginner And Advanced Photoshop Techniques In Under 2 Hours With These Easy-to-follow Photoshop Training Videos, Recorded By Adobe Certified Professionals.

See also: Photoshop Tutorials

RSS feed

Comment by Josh
2007-06-04 04:10:15

Great tutorial! Thank you for sharing this..

Comment by Mark Simms,
2007-06-04 01:19:45

No probs, I wuld love to see other images people create using this tutorial.

Comment by tvlookplay
Comment by l K
2008-11-15 05:22:25

good one!

(Comments wont nest below this level)

Comment by Jeevan
2009-07-03 14:18:10

+1 Great tutorial still. This method could be used for so many other special effects with images.

Comment by Daniella
2007-06-05 02:03:58

Mark, thank you for the tutorial. Is the `tonemapping plugin available for free? Where can I download it? Thank you.

Comment by Mark Simms
2007-06-06 01:36:25

Daniella, sadly its a payware plugin.. dont fret thoughy because it isnt essential to this tutorial.

Comment by James
2007-06-05 13:19:55

Sweet Effects. This tutorial is really well explained. keep it up. good show.

Comment by Steve
2007-06-05 14:42:34

this is cool.. Gotta to try it soon!

Comment by Rawk
2007-06-05 19:03:16

That’s great technique! The only thing I would change is that skull. Atm it looks too clean, maybe another color filter would do the trick :)

Comment by Fox
2007-06-05 20:53:26

Very nice tut :D I learned alot!

Here’s my result:

I changed the skull layer to Hard Light cause it didn’t blend in very well with the face, and it turned out to be a really good idea :D

Btw: that guy isn’t me :P just ftr

It’s my first Photoshop Zombie ever and my god am i proud of it ^.^ Thanks for the tut

Comment by Jane
2007-06-06 00:12:16

good job on the tutorial. fox: nice work man.

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-06 01:20:33

Thanks for all the comments guys.. I am putting another together for a similar yet altogether cooler effect, I will contact Paul to see if he is interested in posting it on this blog..

Great image FOX!! Very disturbing, which is perfect!!

Comment by Dphotojournal com
2007-06-08 04:53:34

Mark.. Just shoot me an email when your next tutorial is ready.. ;)

Comment by Nick
2007-06-06 13:48:25

Awesome tutorial! I’m surprised at how well mine came out, considering it was one of my first serious photoshop endeavors. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Comment by Jake
2007-06-06 14:25:11

Great tutorial, one of my favourites.
I’ll definately check into finding more of yours.
I attached my pic to the comment, it’s okay, i’m 95% happy with it, I just wished the skull was a little darker.

Comment by Jake
2007-06-06 14:25:43

(It didn’t attach last time i sent)

Comment by Jimmy
2007-06-07 22:42:51

That is scarry!

Comment by thebern
2007-06-07 02:31:54

how can i convert my image to 16/32 bit?? I’d tried everything, but i still can’t use the tonemapping function…
can somebody help me?
please reply if you can! thank you

Comment by Marksimms
2007-06-07 01:31:04

To convert from 8bit to 16bit, in Photoshop goto Image->mode->16bit

thats it!!

Comment by John Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-08 01:32:44

Thank you! I was wondering about this too..

Comment by lukasz(lewy)
2007-06-07 05:19:42

Zajebiste!!

Comment by Spheniscidae Noctem
Comment by Cameron
2007-10-31 09:57:21

hey just some criticism, but I think it would look better if you got rid of the cuts and blood and whatnot on the skull since its sort of impossible for a skull to bleed lol

Comment by alien1280
2007-06-09 19:45:31

hey as i said on your flickr profile, these are great, I love the tutorial ^__^

those are my first two real attempts =) I did one or two others butthey went kind of crap *eyeroll* =P

once again, your pics are ace and thanks for the tut =)

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-10 09:21:58

Thanks for all the great comments and sharing your creations, some outstanding work there by everyone..

Still putting together my next tut, should be ready soon..

Comment by SkrilaX
2007-06-19 02:23:42

Woot ! man that’s f****n awesome !
Keep Up The Good Work.
I’ll add myself zombifief soon

Comment by Greg Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-22 10:41:23

Yep nice job blah blah, only criticism is the misnomer of being labled as a zombie instead of any other evil/dark creature you appear to be

watch more zombie movies with oozing blood

u need the ooze

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-25 10:08:24

Actually I must disagree, a zombie, by generally received definition, is a reanimated corpse, basically a dead person that has kind of been bought back to life. Thus the person would of been in the grave for a while and a certain amount of decomposition would of occured, the chances of ANY oozing blood would be highly unlikely since it would of coagulated only hours after the original death of the person.
So I am of the thinking that my image showing rotten skin, scabbed up blood and parts of the skull showing through is closer to how a zombie would look than ones seen in films.. ANy oozing blood seen on these creatures would more likely be blood from one of their freshly killed and eaten victims, and not their own blood.

Hope this clears up this matter.

Comment by Lenox Cruthers Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-28 11:43:10

hey i think it was a little hard to understand but thanks for the free brushes!!! they are really nice maybe you should make a video of you doing the steps so people like me who are novice can better follow.

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-06-28 18:10:54

Currently working on a video tut, once its done I will stick it up on youtube and ask the site admin here to post a link.

Comment by Sue-Lyn
2007-07-01 04:20:07

I’m so confused without the tonemapping thing I need help
I have the skull and my picture..
and I don’t get.. it.. how it says
CTRL+T ..
I tried that.. and it didn’t do anything O.o
I need help..

These intructions are very confusing, they need to zoom in the whole.. deal..

Sorry

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-07-01 19:12:25

Not at all, hopefully you will revisit this site shortly when I post the video tutorial, hopefully that will make things a lot clearer.

However, CTRL-T activates the transform mode, make sure you have the skull layer selected. WHen you enter transform mode you will see a scalable box highlight the edge of the current layer. slecting any of the boxes on the edge will allow you to resize the skull to fit the shape of the face layer.

I should of mentioned that this tutorial is aimed at “above-beginner” level, it should be accessible to anyone comfortable working with layers & masks.

Comment by maciej.p Subscribed to comments via email
2007-07-08 08:03:47

and here’s my result:

Comment by Tara
2007-07-08 19:47:21

I went to your DeviantArt page to download the brushes and apparently everything downloaded okay. I saved the files on my computer, tried to open them and then Photoshop opened and I can`t find the brushes. I clicked on the brushes tab on the top next to the file browser and they aren`t there.

Is there anywhere else they would be or anything else I have to do to get them? I’m new to this and I couldn’t even get passed the tonemapping section in here. Help please?

Comment by Rocio Subscribed to comments via email
2007-07-23 15:20:57

awesome tutorial
i made one
it’s not as good as yours but yeah
my zombified self

Comment by kenshin
2007-07-28 11:22:28

hi guys, all of you did a very good job, (awesome) i want to do my own, can anyone link me some crack image, can;t find good crack image,.. thnkx guys,..

Comment by Mark Simms
2007-08-06 08:55:57

The links to the `crack` brushes are all in the tutorial.

Comment by Caleb Subscribed to comments via email
2007-08-14 14:19:16

the link to the pretty brushes works. then I go to the person’s page who made them. once there I clicked on the link for their site to download and the site doesn’t work.. Help?

Comment by Matt
2007-08-15 22:56:03

I can switch to 16-bit mode and have the tonemapping plugin installed but I got no clue how to use it.

I looked through all the filters and it’s not listed there – any ideas?

Comment by Michael Subscribed to comments via email
2007-08-22 22:18:33

Brilliant mate, thank you for a great tutorial. I was able to download a trial version of tonemapping but they put ugly text over your image. I thought I could outsmart them by working with a massive image, but they’ve accounted for that by placing the text in multiple places. Tricky bastards ;)

Instead I played with hue, brightness and contrast and a bunch of burn to try and get the dirty look.

As the others have said before me, it’s not as good as yours but I had fun and want to thank you for the knowledge!

It is a photo of me and I am striking the same pose as you. There can be only a master and an apprentice…

Comment by Paige
2007-08-23 22:59:55

This is so good, I learned a lot. :D
Heres what I came up with: http://i19.tinypic.com/4lgq3ap.jpg

Comment by ankje
2007-09-01 23:57:14

I made of my 8 year ols son a zombie. Great tutorial, and it was real fun to create this!
Greetings from Belgium

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-09-02 20:20:23

Nice work everyone. Thanks for all the nice comments and emails!

Comment by Jacob
2007-09-17 23:03:17

my firts extreme makeover ever ;) gr8 tutorial!!

Comment by Kelsea (:
2007-09-26 08:13:39

that’s what i got.

Comment by Ekr
2007-09-30 00:19:05

here is mine, im pretty happy with results

great tut. thnx a lot.,

Comment by maciej.p Subscribed to comments via email
2007-10-01 18:02:02

and here’s my result… again :)

Comment by mustafa sazak
2007-10-05 02:58:18

for the beginners, it is hard to perform. You didn’t give any detail about how to open, how to draw, how to change.
I couldn’t understand the second page.

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-10-06 03:41:56

Sorry you found the tutorial difficult, all the feedback I have received so far has been very positive.

I am sorry to say, but if you are not comfortable with `opening` files in photoshop then maybe you should really go back to basics before attempting a tutorial such as this, especially one that deals with alpha channels and masking.

Comment by raoska Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-02 15:47:38

Can someone help me with the gradient map, its the last step, either its something really simple, or something I couldn’t find… Thanks.

Comment by Thomas
2007-11-03 03:40:41

how can i save my picture as a jpg?

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2008-07-09 16:12:40

Hi, not being funny, but if you are not sure how to save as a JPG in photoshop then this tutorial may be a bit above your skill level at the moment.

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2007-11-12 22:07:27

Hi all,

just to let you know I have put together a 4 minute video of how this was done, its not meant to be a tutorial, merely an addition to my tutorial above, the actual time taken to create the zombie was 13 minutes, but I have sped the video up to fit inside 4 minutes.

Comment by Whatever-ishere
2007-11-22 02:02:36

thanks for the GREAT post! Very useful…

Comment by Jason
2007-11-27 01:33:39

Love this tutorial.
this is how mine came out

Comment by Jeremy
2007-12-13 17:54:49

Great tutorial. This is only my third day using photoshop, so with a little practice I’m sure i could do better. Learned a lot, though. Here’s my result.

Comment by M.A
2007-12-26 12:29:05

This is too cool!.. but I cant get the teeth to fit “nicely” with the “living” and “dead”(wrong size and distance) but the rest fits perfectly! ^^

Comment by saif
2008-01-18 00:30:15

this is good effect in the photoshop I like it plz send some more effect in myid

Comment by k0nfa
2008-01-23 10:11:31

Awesome tutorial! Keep on the good work!

Comment by bob Subscribed to comments via email
2008-01-23 16:01:22

what is tonemapping?thnx

Comment by Kris West Subscribed to comments via email
2008-02-03 05:02:29

Hey, Thanks for the Tut. I didn’t quite follow it bit for bit.. Just the basics but here is mine.

(If that dosn’t work – Link to Original: http://www.imagecross.com/myspace-image-upload-viewer-7.php?id=4167Skull.jpg)

Comment by 13th ugliest
2008-02-26 03:34:31

the tutorial is good but i get stuck with the layer mask for hours, especially the second time. it never works for me.

Comment by Mike-ay Subscribed to comments via email
2008-03-30 03:53:12

“Set the layer mode to `Multiply”.”

I can’t seem to find how to do that, any help!?

Comment by Mark Simms Subscribed to comments via email
2008-07-17 05:51:08

On the layers panel, highlight the layer then click the `layer mode` drop box at the top of the layers panel – choose Overlay from in there.

Comment by Thomas Speer Subscribed to comments via email
2008-04-30 04:40:32

Amazing!!!

I have done 3 pictures inspired by this, one im proud of, one im ashamed of, and one im semi ok with.

Sadly, they went in THAT order. My first was my fave, but i overlaid the skull, and it ruined it.

The second one turned into planet of the apes

The third one, i left the skull alone, but its color just isnt right… and im still having trouble with the scars…

Comment by tvlookplay
2008-05-20 23:27:09

great tut

Comment by lauren. :D
2008-06-18 14:01:26

wow i loved this.

mine came out REALLY good.

Comment by lauren. :D
2008-06-20 12:24:40

oops, it didnt work.

here it is:

Comment by Puffy
2008-08-10 00:04:25

AMAZING TUTORIAL, its helped me alot!
except
i want to try another zombie looking picture, just with tonemapping.
i have no idea what i need to do or where to find it??

HELP PLEASE.
:D

Comment by deadly_unvalentine
2008-08-23 07:01:13

omg..
you elp me pass my photography class…
thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mark Simms
2008-09-05 14:22:10

That’s great, glad you found it helpful.. I am working on a new tutorial now that is even cooler!! Congrats on passing your class!

Comment by Brad
2008-09-07 14:48:11

This tutorial was really helpful and clear

I just downloaded a 30 day trial of photoshop and this was my first time ever using it

Comment by sebastian
2008-09-21 23:07:01

thanks for the tutorial, it’s great, you give me good ideas, keep working on that to share with us, again thanks

Comment by Jonathan Subscribed to comments via email
2008-09-22 09:45:02

loved the tutorial helped alot.im new to photoshop so i felt it didnt match the ones the rest did but cant blame a guy for trying now can you.

Comment by Lydell B. Subscribed to comments via email
2008-10-05 17:08:13

Thank you for this Tut,I had a certain urge to do something like this and this really helps. On top of what you’ve outlined here, I’ve gotten rid of my pupils, and also some other stuff.

Comment by Isaac
2008-10-19 03:36:35

Pretty awesome tutorial, there was only one or two things I didn’t understand or follow, but here’s the end result!

Comment by JE Subscribed to comments via email
2008-10-23 22:36:28

Where do you get that tonemapping filter?

Comment by Pele57
2008-10-29 05:40:07

i like your tutorial and must admit that it has brought some interesting new things to my attention…keep up the good work

this is my first attempt of creating this kind of a zombie not good as it could be but still it came out pretty fine :)

Comment by Spylad Subscribed to comments via email
2008-10-30 13:34:07

Mark,

I bought CS3 earlier this year and this is the first time that I’ve come to use it, tonight.

Good tutorial, just wish I could do it in 13 mins!!

I reckon an hour or so, before I can get it to look good. Fingers crossed i can get it done for tomorrow!

woooop wooooop!

spylad

Comment by Spylad Subscribed to comments via email
2008-10-30 14:48:26

thanks – made this one now…

andy

Comment by Frankenberry
2008-11-01 20:55:29

Very cool tutorial. Enjoyed the process a lot.

here is mine :)

Comment by Ali Sezgin
2008-11-02 12:30:14

THnx for the tutorial, really helped me a lot

Zombie me;

Comment by Jane
2009-04-16 12:37:49

join all the amazed company)) i’ll be trying))

Comment by RasmusFurbo Subscribed to comments via email
2009-04-23 12:15:39

Hey really nice tutorial. I tried it out, but I just don’t have a really good picture of a skull. I can’t find any good ones in Google :( So if theres anyone who have a good one pls link :D

Comment by RasmusFurbo Subscribed to comments via email
2009-04-26 04:45:43

Hey! I found a skull (after searhing for skulls in other languages :/ )

I had some problems with making the pretty cuts and cracks look real, so I only used some smaller veins and cracks.

Anyway this is what mine came out like

Comment by Aji
2009-04-27 23:09:32

Briliant…, I will learn it…

Comment by Kelso Subscribed to comments via email
2009-05-04 15:10:20

How do you do tonemapping on CS3?

Comment by Aji
2009-05-18 10:47:26

Goto: http://www.hdrsoft.com , Tutorials

Comment by Sj Subscribed to comments via email
2009-05-28 07:40:22

Hey, which version of photoshop do i need for this? and do i just google random skulls?

Comment by Pranav
2009-06-02 10:49:07

I have problem using quick mask tool, when i brush with black it masks but when i brush with white nothing happens

Comment by Ryany
2009-06-22 08:22:57

The “Pretty” free brush collection…

Comment by RayMan
2009-06-28 01:24:02

Great tutorial! Thank you!

here’s mine:

Comment by Blake Subscribed to comments via email
2009-07-09 02:02:13

Nice tutorial, I chose Barack Obama for mine (view at your own discretion)

Comment by noerfaz
2009-09-04 22:57:42

very very good,,,,,,,,,

thank’s for tutorial

Comment by breeana garcia
2009-10-06 09:18:23

that stuff was pretty cool but i think it could of been better thats all im sayin

Comment by Oddur Subscribed to comments via email
2009-10-08 16:05:44

Here is mine

Comment by Jay Richards Subscribed to comments via email
2009-10-17 15:49:48

Thanks, took your advice and expanded.

Comment by Alexis-Desiree Subscribed to comments via email
2009-10-20 14:34:31

woah buddy! Everyone did a great job. I’m a little envious.:)
here’s mine.

Comment by MonsieurPoot
2009-10-25 12:10:06

Thanks for the great tutorial, it was the first time I ever did anything else with PS than zit-removal… ;)

Comment by Psyann
2009-10-30 16:23:52

So your tutorial was AWESOME!!! I didn’t use the tonemapping filter, but I think it still came out pretty good. The link to the pretty cuts and scraps was 404. :( I used what I could find on deviantart, and am still pleased. Here is a link to my picture. Thanks again for this awesome tut.
-Psyann

Comment by Jen
2009-11-06 19:47:48

Fantastic tutorial. Never done anything like it before in PS. I think I did well. What you think?

Comment by MUHAMMED YAKUT
2009-12-07 10:03:05

Hi Guys,

Could somebody do my picture as a zombie if i send it?

Thanks

Comment by Alex
2009-12-07 19:36:16

very good tuturial.. taught me alot ! thanks !!!

Comment by daryl lyrehs lelouch
2010-01-11 21:39:16

astig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Andrea Subscribed to comments via email
2010-01-17 22:31:44

yes is a great tutorial, i’d like to know if I can do this with PS CS4, and something else I can’t find that layer mask, the problem is that my Ps is at spanish and i don’t how how coul be the right translation

Comment by choirul

Briliant

Comment by cooledit
2010-03-15 09:48:28

Yeh.. – cool tutorial

Comment by Kimi Subscribed to comments via email
2010-05-27 08:50:43

Could this be done with photoshop 8?

Comment by Littlee Criminal
2010-09-04 15:52:32

where can you but photoshop ??
i want it soo badly :$

Comment by jupen
2010-09-08 23:13:47

that’s grezy man…. I like it….Good Idea

Comment by karos Subscribed to comments via email
2010-10-14 15:47:23

Genial ‼
hay esta mi resultado

Comment by Sarah
2010-10-17 16:35:33

Awesome tutorial!

Here’s what mine looked when it was finished.

Comment by Jason
2010-10-20 08:39:45

Thanks for the tutorial, just tried something:

Looks pretty good.

Comment by Felipe Subscribed to comments via email
2010-10-23 23:11:42

Here’s mine… I also followed some other tutorials on youtube, but this one encouraged me to learn photoshop.

Comment by mumm Subscribed to comments via email
2010-10-27 04:11:05

Pls HELP!

The needed brushes aren’t online anymore – can some pls upload them? Would be very nice and great!

TXH!

Comment by mumm Subscribed to comments via email
Comment by chris
2010-10-28 11:19:36

I couldn’t get the brushes either…how’d you get them? Thanks!

Comment by chris
2010-10-28 11:25:40

How can we get the brushes nowadays? Tried the links in the tute, but not seeing the files. Thanks!

Comment by Ivan Subscribed to comments via email
2010-10-30 15:42:40

Hi guys!

I’d be awesome if i could do mine, but i just cannot find the right brushes!

Can you guys please attach the right links? the ones above just don´t work…

thanks a lot!

Comment by isabela Subscribed to comments via email
2010-11-06 11:06:46

seus merda

Comment by emin daniel Subscribed to comments via email
2010-11-13 06:30:59

goooooooooood but not that much
enjoyed it

Comment by tLAMA Subscribed to comments via email
2010-12-03 19:05:33

final version

Comment by Rafi
2010-12-29 12:41:58

Thanks, great tutorial! heres my result:

not as good as yours, but its ok :D.

Comment by LeoMessi
2011-01-17 11:27:15

Where can i get the brushes… i’ve been looking everywhere :S

Comment by Sir Cinematic
2011-01-20 16:33:43

I had to search like crazy for some of the brushes. They’re out there, you just gotta google the hell out of it.

Comment by Gabe Subscribed to comments via email
2011-01-28 22:05:56

I am kinda new at this and need more explanation on this tutorial

Comment by Rubie Spike
2011-04-24 22:36:30

You completed a few good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most folks will have the same opinion with your blog.

Comment by Desiree Johnson Subscribed to comments via email
2011-09-10 13:02:41

This is like amazing! I love it. I couldnt click the links for the brushes though so I got my own. Tell me what you think I would love the opinion.http://s855.photobucket.com/albums/ab113/Deme_Fallen_Cuppycake/?action=view&current=Zombie-2.jpg

Comment by Emily
2011-09-27 17:42:34

Thanks! This was a lot of fun!! Perfect for Halloween!!

Comment by J Louis
2011-10-24 10:29:27

Hello I Luv Paranormal Activity 3!!(:

Comment by Raviscerator Subscribed to comments via email
2011-10-30 11:57:04

Here’s one of mine for Halloween 2011. Took a while, and I feel it’s overedited, but what the hell.. It’s Halloween!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the tutorial. I think I have a better understanding of masks now :)

Comment by migisi
2011-12-31 15:29:40

the brushes no longer exist

Comment by Psdshop
2012-06-09 11:29:20

Nice tutorial i will like to upload it on my site also

Comment by nicholas
2012-10-23 14:25:24

man that is freaky !!!!!!! but its pretty cool

Comment by jayden
2013-11-11 11:44:37

this was amazing. i did it for a school assignment and i got an A