I want to print photos large. How do I find the Pixels Per Inch figure so I don’t make it too low?
1. If you want a high-quality image, don’t print at less than 200PPI.
Open your Photoshop, load a photo, go image>image size. Pixel dimension shows how big the image on the screen but this isn’t the PPI
2. Deselect the Resample image or it will add or remove pixels. We want to change the PPI without altering the photo
3. To see if we can print 6×4 photo enter the figures in the width and height fields. The PPI is well over 200
4. In Resolution, enter 200 to see how big it will print without visible loss of quality
5. To see the photo’s size on screen, click OK to exit Image Size. You’ll now be able to see exactly how big it will appear in print and whether or not there is any pixellation