1. High magnification 7X optical zoom
The Optio Z10 includes a 7X optical zoom lens that covers focal lengths from 6.3 to 44.1mm ( equivalent to 38-266mm for 35mm format ) and features a refraction lens system so the lens never protrudes from the camera while zooming. This optical zoom covers a broad range, from wide-angle to telephoto zoom, and when used together with digital zoom, ultra high-magnification photography of up to approximately 35.7X is available.
2. High-speed “Face Recognition AF&AE” function of approximately 0.03 seconds
The Optio Z10 is equipped with the “Face Recognition AF&AE” function *1 that automatically adjusts the focuses and sets the exposure, so users can take the photos of people easily and beautifully, by letting the camera do the work. In addition, this function can detect the faces of up to 15 peoples at once, and the detection time has been reduced to approximately 0.03 seconds at minimum.
Available when the picture mode is “Natural Skin Tone”, “Portrait”, or “Kid”, and the camera is directed at people from the front
3. Digital SR
Digital SR ( Shake Reduction ) mode reduces camera shakes and blurring of the subject when photographing still images. The sensitivity is adjusted automatically, to as high as the ultrahigh sensitivity of ISO 3200, to match the brightness of the subjects. This enables photography with fast shutter speeds, and images with less blurs can be obtained. In addition, an electronic shake reduction function corrects blurring in images during image playback.
4. Auto Picture mode automatically determines the best setting for the shooting conditions
The Auto Picture mode lets the camera automatically determine the shooting conditions for Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, and Normal mode and choose the optimum settings for each subject. This function makes photography a lot easier for users since it eliminates the necessity of making a number of individual settings.
5. Easily viewable LCD monitor with a wide viewing angle
The Optio Z10 comes with a high resolution, a 2.5-inch LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 pixels that enables images and the text to be displayed largely and clearly. The LCD monitor has a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees from all directions, making it easy to confirm images, even when looking at the screen diagonally.
6. 8.0 effective megapixels produces exceptionally fine-detailed photos
Optio Z10 delivers high resolution photos that look sharp even at large magnifications, thanks to its 8.0 effective megapixels and high performance PENTAX lens, which precisely captures images down to the finest details.
7. High quality recording with shake reduction function
The Optio Z10 smoothly captures movies at 30fps ( frames per second ) at sizes up to 640 x 480 pixels with image quality rivaling camcorders. In addition, Movie SR *2 ( Shake Reduction ) function that effectively corrects in images due to camera shakes through software, allowing for movies to be taken more easily and without hassles.
Using the “Movie SR” function results in a narrower field of view than that during normal video recording
8. Other features
* Digital wide function converts two images into approximately 28mm wide angle expression ( equivalent to 35mm format )
* Mode palette provide quick access to 15 shooting modes and 15 playback modes
* Data imprint function for easier image categorizing
* Approximately 52.1 MB of built-in-memory
* Compatible with SD memory cards and SDHC memory cards
* FotoNation′s red-eye compensation function for flash shots
* Includes the ACDsee for PENTAX 3.0 image viewer/image management software that supports Windows Vista
* Support PictBridge, DPOF functions, Eixf Print, and PRINT Image Matching III
Pages: 1 2