Last Updated (30 January’11):
– Review Video by TigerDirect
Pentax Optio RS1000 is a 14 MP Digital Camera features 4x wide angle zoom lens (35mm equivalent: 28-110mm), Interchangeable cosmetic skins, ISO 100-6400, Widescreen 720p HD video at 30 frames per second, and a Large 3 inch LCD with 230,000 dots of resolution. The camera measures (W x H x D) 92mm x 56mm x 21mm (3.6″ x 2.2″ x 0.8″) and weighs 4.6 oz (130 g).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Pentax Optio RS1000 Reviews
Pentax Optio RS1000 Review Video by TigerDirect;
ePhotozine reviews the Pentax Optio RS1000 and writes;
“he RS1000 actually turns in a very impressive performance. Fun and Quality combined get my vote and this comes Highly Recommended..”
PhotographyBlog reviews the Pentax Optio RS1000 and writes;
“If you’re looking for an inexpensive yet stylish pocket camera for occasional snapping at parties and when out and about without your more ‘professional’ camera, then the Pentax Optio RS1000 steps forward as a capable and affordable option.”
Pentax Optio RS1000 User Reviews
Pentax Optio RS1000 Sample Photos
– Pentax Optio RS1000 Sample Photos @ Flickr
Pentax Optio RS1000 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
Pentax Optio RS1000 Features
The new Pentax Optio RS1000 is easy to use and may be dressed to match the personality and style of its owner. This cosmetically customizable digital camera features a removable faceplate to hold interchangeable skins of any personal design. The design possibilities for the RS1000 are infinite. Owners may skin this newest Optio to match a mood, an event, a milestone, an outfit, and so much more.
Besides a unique, completely customizable design, the Optio RS1000 features 14 megapixels, a large three inch LCD monitor, a high-performance 4x optical zoom lens covering 27.5mm wide angle, and simple, user-friendly operation. Encased in a lightweight body about the size of a credit-card, the RS1000 is compact enough to carry anywhere.
Pentax Optio RS1000 Highlights
Pentax-original SKIN change system for personalized designs
The Optio RS1000 features a removable transparent acrylic panel on the face of the body, and there are four ways to personalize the Pentax Optio RS1000:
1) Dress the camera in a choice of 11 (three plus eight) standard skins that ship with the product.
2) Use the included SKINIT gift card to design and order a free, high quality, pre-cut, 3M vinyl skin from www.skinit.com.
3) Use the included stencil to trace cutout lines to create a skin from printed photos, colored or wrapping papers, drawings, etc.
4) Download the Pentax PERSONAL SKIN DESIGNER Adobe Air-based software from www.pentaximaging.com (timing to coincide with product shipping).
Personalizing the Optio RS1000 for yourself or someone special brings the fun back into photography. Ideas for use include gifts for wedding attendants, coaches and team parents, teachers, fashionistas, pet lovers, sport fanatics, corporate events, client gifts, anniversaries, retirements, new parents, scrap bookers, and anyone who is passionate about anything or is simply just hard-to-buy for.
Exceptional image quality
Featuring 14 megapixels, a powerful imaging engine with superior noise reduction and the high-performance smc Pentax optical zoom lens, the Optio RS1000 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details.
Large, easy-to-view 3.0-inch LCD monitor
The Optio RS1000 features a large 3.0-inch bright color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots for detailed image and menu viewing.
Optical 4x zoom lens with 27.5mm wide-angle coverage
The Optio RS1000 is equipped with a high-performance 4x optical zoom lens covering focal lengths from 27.5mm wide angle to 110mm telephoto (35mm equivalent). This wide zoom range helps capture a wide variety of subjects and scenes–from spectacular landscapes, majestic architecture and group shots within confined spaces, to tightly cropped snapshots from a distance. When coupled with the Intelligent Zoom function, which allows for even tighter zooming in on the subject, the zoom range can be extended to approximately 26.8 times.
Auto Picture mode for hands-off selection of the most appropriate shooting settings
The Optio RS1000 features the Pentax Auto Picture mode to automatically select the most appropriate shooting setting for a given subject or scene by accurately assessing various photographic conditions. This user-friendly mode instantly selects one of the 15 shooting modes (eight conventional modes, plus seven new modes including Blue Sky and Sunset) and optimizes various camera settings, including sensitivity and shutter speed, to assure the best results with minimal effort by the photographer.
Automatic face detection for beautiful, lively snapshots
The Optio RS1000 features the sophisticated Face Detection AF & AE function to automatically detect and capture human faces. The Optio RS1000 is equipped with other convenient features to help photographers including Smile Capture that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile and Natural Skin mode that captures subjects with smooth, healthy skin tones.
High-quality widescreen HD movie recording
The Optio RS1000 captures high-definition 720p movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels)* and is equipped with Movie Shake Reduction mode** to compensate for camera shake during movie shooting.
* When the Optio RS1000’s AV output terminal is used, movie clips are output as normal-image-size data. If the user wishes to play back movie clips at high-definition-TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), the data must be transferred to a personal computer for playback.
** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
An assortment of digital filters for creative expression The Optio RS1000 offers nine different digital filters including Toy Camera, Retro and Sepia to add various visual effects to recorded images without requiring a computer. The user can even apply multiple filters to a single image for more inventive visual effects.
* Digital Shake Reduction function to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
* Burst Shooting at a speed of 16 images in two seconds (fixed at 640 x 480 pixels)
* Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
* Digital Panorama mode to effortlessly create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
* Green mode to automatically optimize exposure and sensitivity settings for a given subject or scene
* Frame Composite function (with 20 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
* MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax software for image viewing, editing and filing applications (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)