Last Updated (08 July’10):
- Review & Sample Photos @ TrustedReviews
Pentax Optio H90 is a 12.1-megapixel digital camera features 5x optical zoom lens (28mm-140mm equivalent), 720p high-definition video at 30 fps, ISO 80-6400, and 2.7″ LCD display. The camera measures (W x H x D): 3.7 x 2.2 x 1.0” and weighs without battery or removable memory: 4.0 oz Loaded and ready: 4.6 oz.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Pentax Optio H90 Reviews
TrustedReviews reviews the Pentax Optio H90 and writes;
“The Pentax Optio H90 is a well made and attractively designed camera at a very affordable price. It is easy to use and light enough for a shirt pocket, with good performance and a useful zoom range. However its lack of an AF assist lamp and poor overall image quality are disappointing.”
Stuff.TV reviews the Pentax Optio H90 and writes;
“Surely a cheap, lightweight point-and-shoot model can’t really deliver the goods? Well, given some decent lighting conditions, the H90 certainly can: we took it out on a sunny day and snapped some very nice shots demonstrating an adeptness with colour, contrast and detail.”
PhotographyBlog reviews the Pentax Optio H90 and writes;
“The Pentax Optio H90 handled chromatic aberrations very well during the review, with limited purple fringing present around the edges of objects in high-contrast situations…”
Pocket-lint reviews the Pentax Optio H90 and writes;
“Designed with minimalism in mind but with a range of suitably functional features, the H90 certainly fits the part: smart, small, stylish and easy to use. The H90 lacks optical image stabilisation and an optical viewfinder, however a superb set of features, great price and HD movies combined with good picture quality sweeten the pill”
Whatdigitalcamera reviews the Pentax Optio H90 and writes;
“Image quality from ISO 80-200 is fairly good, with clear resulting images, but quality and colour begin to dwindle thereafter as a result of noise reduction. From ISO 400 colors begin to ‘dull’ and vibrancy is lost, a result that rises exponentially through to ISO 1600. “
Pentax Optio H90 User Reviews
Not bad, but not a keeper | Rating:
“While not a primary function, sometimes, it’s nice to shoot a video now and again. The Pentax does excel here — the video isn’t HD-quality, but it’s large enough and the sound quality is decent (whereas the Samsung was neither).” – By Hunter Wimmer
Pentax Optio H90 | Rating:
“Since buying this camera I have taken many pictures and videos under various conditions. The clarity and color of the photos I am getting is truly amazing. This includes landscapes, portraits and suprisingly to me macro and super macro shots (which I haven’t seen on other compact cameras). ” – By H.M. Joyce
Great design and features but misses some basics | Rating:
“I bought this camera for the design and built-in filters, but was surprised to find a great technical feature set – pixel mapping, automatic highlight/shadow preservation, super macro mode and a live histogram, to name a few. I love that macro mode kicks in automatically when the camera detects it’s too close for regular focus. Color rendition is very appealing and there’s control over sharpness, contrast and saturation. ” – By triplight
Pentax Optio H90 Sample Photos
- Pentax Optio H90 Sample Photos @ TrustedReviews
- Pentax Optio H90 Sample Photos @ Flickr.com
- Pentax Optio H90 Sample Photos @ Photographyblog.com
- Pentax Optio H90 Sample Photos @ Pocket-lint.com
Pentax Optio H90 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
- Coming soon..
Pentax Optio H90 Features
Clean, modern, functional design
Designed with functional beauty in mind, the Optio H90 features clean, straight lines and easy-to-push round, control buttons. Featuring high quality aluminum alloy and matte paint finish, the body is shaped for a firm, comfortable hold.
Optical 5x zoom lens for wide coverage from wide angle to telephoto
The Optio H90 features a high-performance optical 5x zoom lens covering focal lengths from 5.1mm to 25.5mm (equivalent in the 35mm format to approximately 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto). With this wide zoom range, the Optio H90 may be used for a wide variety of subjects and scenes from spectacular landscapes, majestic architecture and group shots within confined spaces to tightly cropped snapshots from a distance. Featuring an Intelligent Zoom function, which allows for even tighter zooming in on the subject, the digital zoom range extends approximately 31.3x.
Exceptional image quality
Featuring 12.1 effective megapixels, the Optio H90 delivers exceptional image resolution with the Pentax-developed high-performance imaging engine for high quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, the camera delivers sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
Large, easy-to-view LCD monitor
Despite its compact body, the Optio H90 features a large 2.7-inch high-brightness color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots. With this large monitor, the user may check results of images and make any desired menu adjustments quickly.
High quality HD movie recording
The Optio H90 captures beautiful, high-definition movie clips (1280 x 720 pixels).* The camera is equipped with sophisticated Movie SR (Shake Reduction) mode,** which automatically compensates camera shake during movie capture for high quality, stabilized movie clips with minimal effort.
* When the Optio H90′s AV output terminal is used, movie clips are output as normal-image-size data. If the user wishes to play back movie clips at high-definition-TV proportions (1280 x 720 pixels), the data must be transferred to a personal computer for playback.
** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
Automatic Face Detection for effortless snapshots
The Optio H90′s Face Detection AF & AE function detects up to 32 faces and optimizes focus and exposure settings in a mere 0.03 seconds even when faces are tilted or turned sideways. The Optio H90 is equipped with a Smile Capture mode that automatically releases the shutter the moment the camera detects the subject’s smile, and a Blink Detection function that alerts users if a subject’s eyes closed at the time of shutter release.
* Eye-Fi connected: optimized for use with Eye-Fi wireless memory cards
* Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) mode to effectively compensate for camera shake during still-image shooting
* Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of one of eight shooting modes for optimum results
* Digital filters, including Toy Camera and Retro, to add distinctive visual effects to recorded images
* D-Range setting to prevent whitewashed (overexposed) and blacked-out (underexposed) areas in an image
* Auto-tracking AF mode to keep constant focus on a moving subject
* Digital Panorama mode to create a single panoramic picture from as many as three images
* Digital Wide function to compose an extra-wide-angle picture (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in 35mm format) from two images.
* Frame Composite function (with 90 frames stored in the camera) to shoot or compose images with decorative photo frames
* Image Recovery function to recover accidentally erased images
* MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax software for image viewing, editing and filing (compatible with the latest operating systems, including Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
Overall Rating: | Latest Price for A3100
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
See also: Digital Camera | Pentax