Pentax UK has recently announced the Pentax K10D Limited Edition camera packages to commemorate the K10D winning the Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan.
Only 150 cameras will be available in UK and 5000 cameras available worldwide.
>> PRESS RELEASE
Pentax Limited-Edition K10DJune 15, 2007 — PENTAX Corporation is pleased to announce that it will market 5,000 sets of the limited-edition PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package to commemorate the PENTAX K10D lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera’s winning of the prestigious Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan. The Camera Grand Prix is held annually under the sponsorship of the Camera Journal Press Club, from Japan’s 11 leading photo and camera magazines’ photography writers. Product and Marketing Information
Product name : PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package Package
Contents : PENTAX K10D GP camera body, D-BG2 GP Battery Grip, Grand Prix Strap O-ST55 Quantity : Limited production of 5,000 sets in worldwide
The PENTAX K10D is a high-performance lens-interchangeable digital SLR camera, offering high-precision, high-resolution images assured by 10.2 effective megapixels. It incorporates an array of advanced, user-friendly features including the PENTAX-original SR (Shake Reduction) system. It was recently named the winner of the prestigious Camera Grand Prix 2007 Award in Japan, in recognition of its technological sophistication, outstanding specifications, and a reasonable price, which makes it affordable to photographers around the world.
Main Features of the PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package
1. For this limited-edition package, a dark-brown rubber is specially applied to the camera body and the battery grip.
2. The PENTAX logo on the camera’s pentaprism housing, the K10D logo at the upper-left corner of the camera’s front panel, and the mode digital indications are in a standard gold color signifying the limited-edition status. The “CAMERA GRAND PRIX 2007“ lettering and the award logo mark are also displayed on the lower part of the LCD monitor of the camera’s back panel.
3. The specially designed leather camera strap features the “CAMERA GRAND PRIX 2007“ lettering, the award logo mark, and the K10D logo, in the same gold color.
4. Each camera body is identified with a serial number, which is exclusive to the PENTAX K10D Grand Prix Package.
5. The latest firmware (Ver.1.30), corresponding to SDM system, has been installed in the camera. PENTAX K10D GP’s camera body is corresponding to a supersonic motor-driven lens. SDM system mounted on a new-generation supersonic motor-driven lens assures smoother, quieter autofocusing operation using a build in supersonic motor.