Last updated (04 March’13):
The Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 features 8mm at focal length with maximum aperture of f/3.5. The lens construction has 10 elements in 9 groups and has diagonal angle of view at 180 degrees. Closest focusing distance at 0.1m/0.33ft and has a filter size of Front : Mounting not possible / Rear : Sheet filter holder 22mm / 0.86in x 22mm / 0.86in. The Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 lens weighs 165g/5.82oz and it measures 2.39 inches in diameter and 2.04 inches long.
Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 Specifications
The Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm/F3.5 lens (H-F008) is a 35mm camera equivalent 16mm lens, and the world’s smallest and lightest* digital interchangeable fisheye lens compatible with the Lumix G Series, DSL Micro (DSLM) cameras.
Featuring a 180-degree diagonal angle view, the Lumix G Fisheye 8mm/F3.5 lens offers a distinctive perspective and unique deformation effect, creating a creative view for both photos and video. Additionally, its compact size can be attributed to its ten lenses in nine groups, which takes advantage of the Micro Four Thirds system standard to achieve dramatic downsizing.
The adoption of an ED (Extra-low dispersion glass) lens achieves a stable, descriptive performance at all distances, to minimize chromatic aberration and distortion. The Lumix G Fisheye 8mm lens has the ability to capture extreme close-ups from far away, due in part to its advanced inner focus system.
The H-F008, Fisheye 8mm lens allows for use of the high-speed and accurate contrast AF system when mounted on the Panasonic Lumix G Series DSLM cameras, for more comfortable and enjoyable shooting. Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. The inclusion of a stepping motor allows for smooth and silent focusing in both photo and movie recording modes.
* Lens Construction: 10 elements in 9 groups (1 ED lens)
* Mount: Micro Four Thirds mount
* Optical Image Stabilizer: No
* Focal Length: f=8mm (35mm camera equivalent 16mm)
* Aperture Type: 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
* Aperture: F3.5
* Minimum Aperture: F22
* Closest Focusing Distance: 0.1m / 0.33ft
* Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.20x / 0.40x (35mm camera equivalent)
* Diagonal Angle of View: 180°
* Projection System: Equisolid angle projection system
* Filter Size Front: Mounting not possible / Rear : Sheet filter holder 22mm / 0.86in x 22mm / 0.86in
* Max. Diameter: f60.7mm / 2.39in
* Overall Length: Approx. 51.7mm / 2.04in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
* Weight: Approx. 165g / 5.82oz
Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 Reviews
Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm f/3.5 Sample Photos
See also: Lens Reviews | Panasonic Lenses