Panasonic’s proprietary MEGA O.I.S. technology has earned high praise from users around the world, and has become a standard feature of all Lumix digital cameras. Today, Panasonic is merging this technology with Intelligent ISO Control to create the Intelligent Image Stabilization system which compensates for both hand-shake and motion blur, making it easier than ever to capture clear, sharp, beautiful images.
“Panasonic is continuing to make its mark in the digital camera arena by improving on our already successful line of FZ series long-zoom cameras,” said Alex Fried, National Marketing Manager, Imaging, Panasonic Corporation of North America. “The enhanced features of the compact FZ8, coupled with advanced Intelligent Image Stabilization technology, allows for trouble-free shooting in any situation for the advanced photographer or hobbyist alike.”
The stylish Lumix DMC-FZ8 features a large, 2.5-inch LCD for easy viewing while monitoring and during image playback and it has been redesigned to include a multi-purpose joystick for improved usability and simplified exposure compensation. The joystick control allows a host of additional settings, such as manual focus and exposure, to make for quick and easy shooting.
Along with easy operation, the DMC-FZ8 also features the Panasonic LSI Venus Engine III, an advanced image-processing engine that can record at a sensitivity setting as high as ISO 1250 with full resolution — greatly improving noise reduction, with picture noise removed in stages during image processing. With its multi-task image-processing capability, the Venus Engine III also has outstanding response time with a shutter release time lag as short as 0.005 second, and the shutter interval as short as 0.6 second. This fast response makes it easy for users to capture sudden, spur-of-the-moment shots.
In addition, a host of other features make the DMC-FZ8 ideal as a tool for creative photography:
– Date Stamp: Allows users to utilize the Lumix date stamp feature in three ways: (1) Simply stamp the date on photos, (2) Stamp the day of a trip or event on the photos, and (3) For those precious baby photos, stamp the child’s age in months on the image itself.
– Added Scene Modes: Offers a total of 18 scene modes, including the new Pet and Sunset modes, making it easy to get beautiful photos in a range of photographic situations.
-The SILKYPIX Developer Studio 2.0SE Software Application: Gives users the ability to edit and develop images in the RAW file format by freely adjusting RAW data settings such as exposure bias and white balance even after shooting.
– Long-lasting Battery Life: Allows approximately 380 shots to be taken on a single charge (CIPA.)
– Increased Memory: Accommodates large-capacity SDHC Memory Cards and boasts approximately 27 MB of built-in memory.
– The DMC-FZ8 will ship in February 2007 with a MSRP of $349.95.
Pages: 1 2