Panasonic DMC-FP7 is a 16 MP Digital camera features 4x Optical zoom, ISO High Sensitivity Mode : Auto (1600 – 6400), 720p HD Movie Recording, Ultra-Flat Mirror Finished Slim Design Camera, Easy to Share on YouTube/Facebook, MEGA O.I.S. Lens-shift stabilization, and 3.5″ TFT Touch Screen LCD Display. The camera measures 101.0 x 58.9 x 18.2 mm/(3.98 x 2.32 x 0.72 in) and weighs 147g (with batt and card).
Overall rating: N/A | Latest Price Info
Panasonic DMC-FP7 Reviews
Panasonic DMC-FP7 Sample Photos
Panasonic DMC-FP7 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
Panasonic DMC-FP7 Features
Perfect for consumers seeking a fashionable camera with loads of advanced photo and video features, the LUMIX DMC-FP7 (16.1 megapixel) maintains a slim profile by incorporating an ultra-thin 4x optical zoom lens with folded optics. Complete with a sleek mirror finish, the LUMIX FP7 camera has high-performing features that complement the design, such as 720p High Definition (HD) video recording, a large touch-control LCD and easy-to-use settings like Intelligent Auto (iA).
The LUMIX FP7 takes Panasonic’s touch-control LCD to the next level with a new 3.5-inch 16:9 LCD that offers not only a larger view of images, but also increased usability. All menu setting options are now available with touch control and in playback mode users can drag the image across the screen with their finger to browse the collection of photos, as though it is a page in a book.
The LUMIX FP7 features three new modes that let users get creative by manually (with the touch of a finger) editing their photos.
These new modes include:
• Beauty Retouch mode allows users to retouch faces
• Esthetic mode creates effects on faces such as clearing skin texture and whitening teeth
• Make-up mode gives color options such as foundation, eye-shadow or coloring for the lips and cheeks
Venus Engine VI image processor with Intelligent Resolution technology
The LUMIX FP7 is stylish, yet still full of substance thanks to the Venus Engine VI image processor with Intelligent Resolution technology. This digital camera is fast, with shutter release lag times as short as 0.006 second and by adding Sonic Speed AF users can capture high quality spur-of-the-moment images even faster. Using a folded optics design allows the LUMIX FP7 to remain ultra-thin, yet still have a high-quality 4x optical zoom. In addition, the new zoom button makes this LUMIX camera look even more sleek. Also taking advantage of Intelligent Resolution, the Intelligent Zoom function on the LUMIX FP7 allows the powerful 4x optical zoom to increase to 5x equivalent without compromising picture quality.
Anyone can take beautiful photos with iA mode
Panasonic’s popular iA mode, a suite of technologies that engage automatically – with no setting changes needed by the user – makes it easy for anyone to take beautiful photos. The LUMIX FP7 features two new iA functions – AF Tracking and Intelligent Exposure. AF Tracking locks onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves, while the Intelligent Exposure optimizes the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully. The automatic backlight compensation function activates whenever the camera detects the subject is in backlight.
Other features of Panasonic iA include:
• MEGA OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) – Reduces blurry photos due to hand-shake
• Intelligent ISO Control – Reduces blur when the subject is moving
• Face Detection – Ensures registered faces are captured in focus with appropriate exposure and unwanted red eyes are digitally corrected
• Intelligent Scene Selector – Selects the best option from: Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset
• Dedicated iA button – Lets users engage easily with one click
Other features of the LUMIX FP7 include:
• LUMIX Image Uploader – Share images via Facebook and video via YouTube
• Intelligent LCD – Detects the lighting conditions and controls the brightness level in 11 finely graduated steps, to display the most appropriate setting
• 70MB of built-in memory