Adobe has just released their new Photoshop Elements 4.0 with great new tools that help you edit and adjust your photos in less time. New features in this release are including the ability to create entertaining slides with amazing transations in minutes, removing red eye from individual shots without even clicking on the photo, adjusting skin stones for more natural look in poorly lit photos and easily isolating objects from background which will be very useful if you want to enter the microstock photography industry.
Today Nikon issued a service advisory for the D2H and D70. It mentions that Nikon will repair the cameras with the following malfunctions for free:
Nikon D2H malfunctions:
- The electronic analog exposure indicator is unreliable, the exposure display is fixed at a constant value and images are over- or under-exposed.
- The camera is unable to focus automatically
Nikon D70 malfunctions:
- With a memory card inserted: The green memory card access lamp blinks continuously and camera does not respond to any controls.
- With no memory card inserted: The camera will not turn on despite the battery indicator showing a fully charged battery.
Instructions for contacting Nikon USA and Nikon Europe are available by following the links below:
Digital Foci, Inc. introduced today Picture Porter portable digital photo album with hard drive and card reader that lets you instantly and securely save and view digital photos and video on a hard drive wherever you go, so you can keep snapping away and not worry about running out of memory card space.
The Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm (equivalent to 70-200mm on a 35mm camera) is the world’s first 1:2.0 telephoto lens. Its increased focal length and maintained 1:2.0 aperture over the entire range makes it the brightest choice for the professional photographer.
* Ultra-bright 1:2.0 maximum aperture over entire zoom range
* One Super ED and four ED glass elements for absolute minimum chromatic aberration
* Splash and dust proof construction to enhance reliability
* 2.9x zoom performance 35-100mm (70-200mm on a 35mm camera)
* Closest focusing distance: 1.4m
* Dimensions: 96.5 x 213.5mm
* Weight: 1,800g (with tripod adapter)
Olympus presents the world’s lightest macro lens with the introduction of this ZUIKO DIGITAL lens which weighs only 165g. It is competitively priced and enables users to take 1:1 life-size macro shots (2:1 equivalent on a 35mm camera).
* Focal length: 35mm (70mm*)
* Lens speed: 1:3.5
* Closest focusing distance: 0.146m
* Dimensions: 71 x 53mm
* Weight: 165g
The latest two models in the Top Pro range of interchangeable lenses, which are specifically aimed at the professional photographer, feature Olympus’ advanced optics and high precision technology and are dust and splash-proof making them ideal for working under demanding conditions.
This standard 2.6x zoom lens will be sold exclusively as part of the Olympus E-500 SE Kit. It is extremely compact and lightweight and has a closest focusing distance of 0.28m at any zoom position.
* Focal length: 17.5-45mm (35-90mm*)
* Lens speed: 1:3.5-5.6
* Closest focusing distance: 0.28m
* Dimensions: 71 x 70mm
* Weight: 210g
Featuring 10x magnification power ranging from a 18mm to 180mm tele (36-360mm equivalent on a 35mm camera), this compact and lightweight standard zoom offers versatility and its closest focusing distance is just 0.45m at any zoom position.
* Focal length: 18-180mm (36-360mm*)
* Lens speed: 1:3.5-6.3
* Closest focusing distance: 0.45m
* Dimensions: 84.5 x 78mm
* Weight: 440g
WSlam has just posted his comparison shots from Canon 17-40mm F/4L, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L and the new Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS at his website. Here’s his comment about the test:
“Due to poor weather here in Hong Kong, I had to take these indoor. The camera (EOS20D) was mounted on a tripod. White Balance was obtained from a grey card and applied during RAW conversion. All photos were shot in RAW, connverted into unsharpened JPG then resized and sharpened in PhotoShop CS2 (Smart Sharpen 80, 0.8, Lens Blur). Everything was done in batch, so all the files received the same ‘treatment’. Full Size (zipped) are unsharpened. Focus point is on the dog’s right eye (the one on the left).”
A large aperture standard zoom lens that covers wide-angle to telephoto and is ideal for full-frame digital SLR cameras
* New and most effective coating used for minimizing flare and ghost.
* This standard zoom lens covers focal lengths from 28mm to 105mm and allows a large aperture of F2.8 at the 28mm focal length.
* The use of aspherical lens reduces various aberrations and improves optical performance.
The firmware (Ver.2.16 to Ver.2.18 ) update incorporates the following issues.
* Updates for the setting of the sharpness for JPEG images on the PC control mode.
The firmware (Ver.2.12 to Ver.2.16 ) update incorporates the following issues.
* Updates for compatibility of Nikon flash units.
* Updates for custom white balance function and exposure control function on the PC control mode.