London, UK, 6th January 12. Nikon unveiled Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR, it is a new fast aperture medium-telephoto lens. With a focal length of 85 mm and a maximum aperture of f/1.8, the lens is compatible with the Nikon FX-format. With focal length of 85 mm, the lens allows users get extreme detail images while the fast f/1.8 aperture perfectly balances sharpness and bokeh. The lens construction consists of 9 elements in 9 groups to provides superb image quality and makes an attractive choice for videographers. The lens will be available on 22nd March 2012 with price of £469.99 / €554.00. For more information, please go to the Nikon website.
The Nikon 85mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR is able to provide superb image quality by combining the classic focal length, large (f/1.8) aperture and re-designed optical system. With focal length of 85mm, the lens allows users to get extreme detail results while the fast f/1.8 aperture perfectly keep sharpness and bokeh. The lens also easier to compose your images by provide a bright viewfinder image that make it perfect choice for shooting in low light.
* A focal length of 85 mm and a maximum aperture of f/1.8 compatible with the Nikon FX-format.
* An all new optical design that enables maximum utilization of digital-SLR camera capabilities in shooting high quality images
* Enables shooting of portraits with pleasing background blur characteristics.
* Very lightweight at approximately 350 grams.
* Comes with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing.
* Comes with two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual).
See also: News