Sales Release date: July 2006
RRP: £399.99 / €589
Nikon UK is pleased to announce a new Image Authentication Software application which is designed exclusively for use with the Nikon D2Xs digital SLR.
The software enables users to determine whether an image has been altered since capture. Image data can be used for verifying image authenticity by law enforcement and other government agencies, the media, insurance companies and has a variety of other business applications.
Verification results are displayed as a list on a PC screen with selected images displayed as thumbnails within the same screen.
Quick and easy verification of authenticity
• Allows verification to determine whether an image has been processed or edited after being shot.
• Thumbnails of the images selected are displayed for confirmation.
Protection of the software
• Code protections are applied to prevent alterations to the software program.
• A product key and a USB key are required to ensure security whereby the USB key must be plugged into the USB port to commence application.
Three file formats can be verified
• The software enables verification of JPEG, TIFF and NEF (RAW) data to be taken using a Nikon digital SLR compatible with the authentication function.
CPU Pentium 4, 1GHz or higher (or equivalent) recommended
OS Preinstalled versions of Windows XP Home Edition/Professional (SP2 or later), or Windows 2000 Professional (SP4 or later)
RAM 512MB or more recommended
Hard disk space Requires 50MB for installation, and 200MB for running the software
Display 800 x 600 pixels or more with 16-bit colour (High Colour/thousands of colours)
Interface USB: Supports built-in USB ports
IEEE 1394: Supports only OHCI-compliant boards
Cameras supported Nikon D2Xs digital SLR
Miscellaneous One built-in USB port (for the USB key)
Note: Operation is not guaranteed when connection has been made to a USB hub.
See also: Accessories | Computer Imaging