Last Updated (21 December’10):
- Review & Sample Photos @ CameraLabs
Nikon CoolPix S80 is a 14.1 MP Digital Camera features 5x Wide Zoom-Nikkor ED Lens (35mm equivalent: 35-175mm), 5-way VR Image Stabilization System, ISO 80-6400, HD (720p) Movie with Stereo and HDMI Output, and 3.5-Inch OLED Touch Screen Display. The camera measures (W x H x D) 99 x 63 x 17 mm (3.9 x 2.5 x 0.7 in.) and weighs 133 g (4.7 oz.) (inc. batt and card).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Nikon CoolPix S80 Expert Reviews
CameraLabs reviews the Nikon CoolPix S80 and writes;
“To sum up, the S80 looks and feels beautiful, is fun to use and produces great results. But there are other similarly priced touch-screen models that offer more in terms of features and control.”
Nikon CoolPix S80 Sample Photos
Nikon CoolPix S80 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
Nikon CoolPix S80 Features
High style meets high tech with the debut of the ultra-slim, Touch Control Nikon Coolpix S80. A large, bright 3.5-inch Ultra-High Resolution (819,000-dot) Organic LED (OLED) Clear Color Display provides touch control of camera functions, and the display’s wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating make for bright, brilliant image composition, viewing and sharing. The 14.1-megapixel S80 features a 5x Wide Zoom-Nikkor ED lens, HD (720p) stereo sound movie recording and creative image editing functions, including the ability to write or draw on the image. The S80 also offers VR Image Stabilization and high sensitivity up to ISO 6400. In a variety of colors, the stylish Coolpix S80 is as beautiful as the pictures it takes.
Nikon Coolpix S80 Highlights
Superior Image Quality
* 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor for stunning images.
* 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-Nikkor ED Glass Lens: versatile 35-175mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the Nikkor tradition of precision optics, the high-quality ED glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
* 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
* Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
* Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
* Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
* High ISO up to 6400 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
* Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
* EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each Coolpix model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
* 3.5-inch Ultra-High Resolution (819,000-dot) Organic LED (OLED) Clear Color Display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The large Touch Control Display controls the camera’s key functions, and the display’s wide viewing angle, brightness control and anti-glare coating make it easy to compose, view and share pictures.
* Ultra-Slim design. Just 0.7 inches thin.
* Sliding lens cover linked to power-on.
* Enhanced User Interface for intuitive operation. Creative Control
* ISO can be set as high as 6400 (3M or smaller images)
* In-camera Picture editing include Quick Retouch, Active DLighting, Soft Focus, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fish-eye effect, Miniature effect and more.
* Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on the large Display.
* Built-in Slide Show with Music.
* Subject Tracking track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus. HD Movie Recording
* HD (720p) Movie with Stereo and HDMI Output, optical Zoom control and stereo sound recording. HDMI output allows easy in-camera playback or convenient playback on HD-TV or computer.
* Smart Portrait System
* Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
* In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
* Face-Priority AF. Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically detects up to 12 faces.
* Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
* Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one in which your subject’s eyes are open.
* Blink Warning alerts you if a subject has blinked.
* 17 Scene modes automatically adjusts camera settings for specific scenes
* Easy Auto Mode automatically recognizes the scene you’re shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
* Macro shooting as close as 2.8 inches.
* 150 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL10 Li-ion rechargeable battery.
See also: Digital Camera | Nikon