Last Update (01 February’11):
– Review & Sample Photos @ PhotoRadar
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj is a 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor digital camera features 5x wide-angle optical Zoom, ISO 80-6400 and 3-inch touch-screen display; 5-way VR Image Stabilization system. The camera measures (H x W x D) 2.5 in. (62.7mm) x 4.0 in. (100.8mm) x 1.0 in. (24.1mm) and weighs 6.4 oz. (180g) (with battery and SD memory card).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Reviews
PhotoRadar reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“The Coolpix S1100pj fulfils its aim as a pocket projector well, with large clear images and the helpful inclusions of the built-in stand and remote. Indeed, this is the camera’s major selling point and with no alternative than the S1100pj’s predecessor – at least not in camera form – it’s likely to attract attention.”
ePhotozine reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“Images taken at the base ISO and ISO100 are clear, sharp and full of detail. Although there is no significant noise by ISO200, there are signs of softening due to noise reduction present, which can be seen in finer details. This softening due to noise reduction continues as the sensitivity increases and becomes quite noticeable by ISO800…”
Pocket-Lint reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“Overall then this is a fun camera to own and use, and while the novelty value makes it stand out from the compact camera crowd, the price you have to pay for it plus issues around the image quality mean it cannot attain the points heights we’d have thought possible.”
NeoCamera reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“The Nikon Coolpix S1100pj is all about its projector. Given the fact that this camera is as ultra-compact as many of its peers without a projector, this is an achievement in itself. The projector works well and can project an image up to 47” diagonally from 2.4 meters away. The output is clear with a resolution similar to a standard definition television. “
CNET.asia reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“The bottom line: This point-and-shoot delivers acceptable performance and image quality, and its onboard projector works well for its class, too. “
InfoSync reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“We also get 720p HD video, which performed well in bright light and gave us a lot of noise in low light. We could optically zoom in video mode, which was a plus, and it was a lot of fun watching video on the projector. “
PhotographyBlog reviews the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj and writes;
“Being able to show-off your photos, videos and work to an audience in a way that you can’t with other digicams, however, instantly elevates the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj above the competition, for both casual and business users alike.”
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj User Reviews
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Sample Photos
– Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Sample Photos @ PhotoRadar
– Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Sample Photos @ PhotographyBlog
– Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Sample Photos @ NeoCamera
– Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Sample Photos @ Flickr
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
Nikon Coolpix S1100pj Features
Sure to be the center of attention at any gathering, the 14.1-megapixel Coolpix S1100pj’s built-in projector can cast its pictures and HD movies onto any flat surface. Touch-Screen technology also sets this Nikon compact apart, as its 3-inch, high resolution (460K-dot) Touch Screen provides fingertip control of key camera functions. The S1100pj features a variety of photo editing and drawing functions to add additional fun to the image-sharing experience. Also offers a 5x 28-140mm Zoom Nikkor glass lens, Optical VR Image Stabilization, ISO up to 6400, Motion Detection, HD (720p) movie recording, and Smart Portrait System and Touch Shutter.
Built-in projector brings fun to any gathering
The Coolpix S1100pj features a new built-in projector that allows the instant sharing of both still images and movies at the touch of a button. Images can be projected up to 7 feet 10 inches at an image size of up to 47 inches diagonally. Projected images can also be viewed simultaneously on the camera’s high resolution LCD screen, you can even “draw” on the camera’s touch screen while projecting an image! In addition to photos and HD movie clips, you can also project data stored on a PC. This adds potential for use in business situations as well as for livening up gatherings and parties. Powerpoint(TM) slides when saved as JPEGS can be projected as well. Use the S1100pj as a mini-projector!
Sharper results with five advanced Nikon image stabilizing features*1
Nikon’s 5-way VR Image Stabilization System utilizes both Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilization systems to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400*2 capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
Nikon’s Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyzes a framed subject’s skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results.
Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while its Blink Proof function shoots two sequential frames, then saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are widest open. Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon’s Easy Auto Mode makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject’s movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself.
Quick Retouch automatically adjusts the contrast and saturation of selected photos to create an enhanced copy with the right finishing touch.
Superior Image Quality
* 14.1-megapixel CCD sensor for stunning image quality.
* 5x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom-Nikkor Glass Lens. Versatile 28-140mm lens ranges wide to capture landscapes, zooms in to get close to the action. In the Nikkor tradition of precision optics, the high-quality glass lens delivers superb color and razor-sharp results.
* 5-way VR Image Stabilization System
* Optical VR Image Stabilization by lens shift minimizes the effects of camera shake.
* Hybrid VR Image stabilization by lens shift and electronic VR.
* Motion Detection automatically detects moving subjects and adjusts shutter speed and ISO to compensate for camera shake and subject movement.
* High ISO up to 6400 for optimum results when shooting in low light or photographing fast-moving subjects.
* Nikon’s Best Shot Selector (BSS) automatically takes up to ten shots while the shutter is pressed, then selects and saves the sharpest image.
* EXPEED C2 continues to expand the possibilities of photography with improved levels of image quality, fine detail and processing speed. Custom-optimized for each Coolpix model, Nikon’s renowned digital image processing engine ensures outstanding images.
* Incredible Built-in projector. Share slide shows–with music, if you’d like–as well as HD movies by projecting them from the camera onto any flat surface. Or connect the camera to a computer and project whatever’s on the computer’s screen.
* 3-inch Touch Clear Color Display. High Resolution (460,000-dot) display for still images and HD movies that come alive with rich detail and improved contrast. The Touch Control Display makes it easy to write or draw on your pictures–even while they’re being projected. Creative Control
* ISO can be set up to 6400.
* In-camera Picture Editing includes Quick Retouch, D-Lighting Draw, perspective control, Soft Focus, Selective Color, Cross Screen, Fisheye effect , Miniature effect and more.
* Adjust Scene effects (brightness and color) within scene modes.
* Built-in Slide Show with Music.
HD Movie Recording
Record HD (720p) Movies, with one touch control button. Easy projection playback or watch recorded movies in-camera, on TV or computer.
* Smart Portrait System
* Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when your subject smiles.
* In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically most instances of red-eye as you shoot. You may never see red-eye again.
* Face-Priority AF Nikon’s face-finding technology automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
* Skin Softening smoothes skin tones at three different levels for optimal portraits; can be applied while shooting or during playback.
* Blink Proof automatically takes two sequential shots and saves the one with eyes open.
* Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus.
* Touch Shutter simply touch the LCD monitor to take a picture
* 17 Scene modes
* Easy Auto Mode automatically recognizes the scene you’re shooting and selects the most appropriate scene mode; offers six scene modes plus auto.
* Macro shooting as close as 1.2 inches.
* 220 shots (approx.) with supplied EN-EL12 Li-ion rechargeable battery
* Brightness*1: Up to 14 lumens
* Image size: 5 to 47 in.
* Throw distance: Approx. 10 in. to 7 ft. 10 in. (26 cm to 2.4 m)
* Endurance (battery life)*2: Approx. 1 hour
* Resolution (output): VGA equivalent
*1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO 21118.
*2 Based on continuous use of a fully-charged EN-EL12 battery at 77°F/25 °C.
What’s in the Box
AN-CP17 Strap; UC-E6 USB Cable; EG-CP14 Audio/Video Cable; EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery; MH-65 Battery Charger; ML-L5 Remote Control; TP-1 Stylus pen; Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM