Superb image quality Excellent imaging quality is a priority for the COOLPIX P5100, from the 12.1 effective megapixels of imaging power produced by its 1/1.72-inch RGB CCD and new digital image processing engine, to its powerful 3.5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens and optical lens shift VR.
Shooting modes that give the user greater control Four exposure modes accessed via the Mode dial provide greater control over camera operation. Programmed Auto [P] mode automatically selects the optimal shutter and aperture settings. Shutter-priority Auto [S] lets the user select shutter speed, while the camera sets the optimal aperture. Aperture-priority Auto [A] offers 10-step manual control over the aperture setting to let the user decide depth of field, while the camera automatically adjusts the shutter speed. Manual [M] exposure mode provides full control over both the aperture and shutter speed settings.
Proven lens shift VR image stabilization Optical lens shift VR (Vibration Reduction) is field proven technology originally developed for interchangeable lenses used in Nikon SLR camera systems. Providing the ability to shoot at shutter speeds as much as three steps slower without blurring the image along with a smoother viewfinder image that aids composition, Nikon’s exclusive VR system yields sharper results when shooting in low light, when taking advantage of the reach of the 3.5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens, or when reaching farther with an optional telephoto converter lens.
ISO 3200 capability Extended light sensitivity range up to ISO 3200* adds the power to shoot more effectively in lower lighting conditions, or to capture fast moving subjects with outstanding clarity. And the new image processing engine produces clear results, even when shooting with high ISO settings.
The convenience of system expandability Optional system components further expand the photographic possibilities of the COOLPIX P5100. Nikon’s 0.67x wide-angle converter (WC-E67) and 3.0x tele-converter (TC-E3ED) lenses are available to extend the range of the attached 3.5x Zoom-NIKKOR lens, while a built-in accessory shoe supports the use of Nikon’s advanced i-TTL flash control for external flashes, including the Speedlight SB-400, SB-600 and SB-800.
*ISO 3200 is available only for image sizes of 5M (2592 x 1944) or smaller.
Nikon COOLPIX P5100 Other Features
* Three Unique Nikon Image Innovations
* Face-priority AF with improved speed and efficiency
* In-Camera Red-Eye Fix
* Optimize image for shooting monochrome photographs using a choice of 4 different filters for creative effects, (yellow, orange, red and green)
* Continuous flash shooting helps capture the action by allowing a burst of consecutive flash shots without having to wait for the flash to recharge
* 1:1 size format allows photos to be shot using 1:1 (square) perspective
* Distortion control corrects for barrel distortion in images shot, and even displays the corrected image on the LCD in real time
* Macro shooting from as close as 4 cm (1.6 in.)
* 4x digital zoom extends compositional freedom
* Improved menu interface, available in a choice of 23 languages
* Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
* SDHC card compatibility
* Approx. 52 MB of internal memory
* PictBridge support
Pages: 1 2