Metz 45 CL-1 features Auto f/Stops f/2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11; Recycling Time 0.3 sec (based on fresh batteries & full power) and 7 sec (in M mode); Bounce Head; Swivel Head Upwards: 15°-90°, Counter-clockwise: 90°,180°, Clockwise: 90°,180°; Color Temperature Approx. 5600° K. The Metz 45 CL-1 measures 3.62 x 9.72 x 4.01″ (92 x 247 x 102 mm) and weighs 1.49 pounds (680 g) (without batteries).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Metz 45 CL-1 Expert Reviews
Metz 45 CL-1 User Reviews
“This is a beautifully engineered flash. Simple operation, reliable auto sensor. Metz has a knack for styling, and intelligent layout, and feedback (exposure confirmation). I don’t get too excited over lighting equipment, but am impressed with Metz.” – By Rick
Solid, dependable, professional
“Purchased this flash for my Mamiya RB67 which I normally use with studio lights. The great variety of settings, to include TTL provides the possibility to use the flash with some of my other cameras. I use Nikon and own Nikon speedlights, but this flash is now an additional full back-up. I was surprised about the large size of the flash, which definitelly gives a remarkable impression for quality and durability.” – By Herbie
“Results so far are quite impressive, and being a handle-mount flash, it serves as a counter balance for the camera, providing more stability. With a GN of 148 @ ISO 100, there is ample power for nearly any situation. Up to this point, I’ve been using ISO 3200 for most indoor shooting, but that’s now a thing of the past.” – By Mr B
Metz 45 CL-1 User Manual
– Download Metz 45 CL-1 User Manual (PDF – 288kb)
Metz 45 CL-1 Features & Specifications
The Metz Mecablitz 45 Series CL-1-N with a Guide No.45′ at ISO 100, delivers powerful light output and simple handling. It features a swivel / tilt single flash head, an easy-to-read analog control display with five tele-computer apertures, a wide-angle diffuser, and is comfortable to handhold. This high-performance flash is primarily designed for camera models that don’t support TTL operation.
It delivers valuable flash-to-lens separation distance and shooting in either the vertical or horizontal position allows light to always be above and to the side of the lens’ center.
This flash is built to withstand years of harsh use and abuse, and is equipped with an NiMH battery for long life and a short recycling time of 0.3 seconds.
Note! For cameras with a hot shoe, the synch cable #45-54 (optional accessory) is required.
• Intended for the owners of cameras without integrated flash functions
• The Metz Mecablitz 45 CL-1-N offers high light output and simple handling
• Automatic exposure control with a selection of 5 working apertures
• Universal, swiveling quadrolight reflector for bounced flash without having to forgo the benefits of automatic exposure control
• Wide-angle diffuser widens the horizontal and vertical lighting angle and is intended for use with focal lengths of less than 35 mm (for 24 x 36mm format), and less than 75mm (for 6 x 6cm format)
• Power-saving thyristor light output control, particularly in the close-up range, for shorter recycle times and a higher number of flashes from just one battery charge
• Convenient calculator dial for all settings
• Manual mode