The Lensbaby The Muse features 50mm at focal length with Focus Type: Manual/Fingertip, Aperture Type: Interchangeable, magnetic aperture disks, Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, and Minimum Focus: about 12″ (30cm). The Lensbaby The Muse lens weighs 3.7 oz (104.9g) and it measures 2.25 inches in diameter and 2.5 inches long.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Lensbaby The Muse User Reviews
“this is a super fun lens (for the price) once you get the hang of it (which is pretty easy). The only thing I would have done in hindsight is to spend more money and get one that locks down. it can be a challenge to hold the lens steady and click the shutter at the same time.” – by K. Dodge
“I have wanted one of these for a long time, so I ordered this with the macro converter and the creative aperture kit, and it takes some amazing photos. It really takes a lot of getting used to, but it is so much fun!” – by Karmen M. Sasser
So aMusing!! yuk yuk
“I LOVE this lens!! It is super fun and gives such cool effects. I had debated purchasing this lens for over a year and finally took the plunge after recently purcasing my Pentax Kx. With the Kx being so light and easy to hold, it makes use of the Muse lens much easier then with my older DSLR cameras.. Changing the aperature disks are super easy and I’m sure with some practice it I will be faster with it. I love that the lid to the disks are the same as the Kodak film canister lids. Nice touch. “ – by Jennifer
Lensbaby The Muse Reviews
Lensbaby The Muse Sample Photos
Lensbaby The Muse User Manual
- Download Lensbaby The Muse User Manual (PDF – 10.2Mb)
Lensbaby The Muse Specifications
Sure, the Muse looks and acts like the Original Lensbaby. But, like the Composer and the Control Freak, this little baby comes with Lensbaby’s Optic Swap System—offering artists an almost unlimited variety of looks and styles to capture their unique visions.
All Lensbaby lenses bring one area of a photo into sharpest focus with that Sweet Spot™ surrounded by gradually increasing blur. Photographers focus the Muse by compressing the lens and move the sweet spot by bending the flexible lens tubing.
Bend it Baby! The Muse captures the spirit of Lensbaby photography, opening up a new realm of fun in focusing. Squeeze the Muse to focus, and bend your Sweet Spot around the photo.
Like the Composer and the Control Freak, this little baby comes with Lensbaby’s new Optic Swap System, offering artists an almost unlimited variety of looks and styles to capture their unique visions.
The Muse comes in two flavors. You can buy the Muse with the tack sharp Double Glass optic installed or get dreamy with the Plastic Optic version. Your choice!
How to Use the Muse
Get loose with the Muse. Focus by squeezing the focusing collar with your fingertips. Move the Sweet Spot of focus around the picture by bending the lens in any direction. A guaranteed out of the box experience.
To change your aperture, simply touch the tip of your Aperture Removal Tool to the aperture disk and lift it out. Then drop a new aperture disk into the lens. The disk will float above the optic in a shielded magnetic field.
* Focal Length: about 50 mm
* Focus Type: Manual/Fingertip
* Aperture Type: Interchangeable, magnetic aperture disks
* Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8
* Minimum Focus: about 12″ (30cm) / Maximum Focus: infinity
* Size: 2.25 inches (5.7cm) h x 2.5 inches (6.35cm) w / Weight: 3.7 oz (104.9g)
* No electronic communication between the lens and the camera body
* Available in mounts for Canon EF (EOS), Nikon F, Sony Alpha A / Minolta Maxxum, Pentax K / Samsung GX, and Olympus E1 / Panasonic Lumix DMC cameras
* Automatic light metering is possible by shooting in aperture priority mode for almost all digital and film SLR camera bodies except certain Nikon bodies including the D40, D50, D60, D70, D70S, D80, D90, D100, N50, N65, N70, N75, N80, and Fuji S1, S2, and S3
Muse Box Contents:
* Muse Lens with Double Glass Optic and f/4 aperture disc installed
* Aperture case containing f/2.8 through f/22 apertures
* Front and rear lens caps
* Microfiber bag
* Microfiber lens cloth
* User guide
See also: Lens Reviews