Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D) will be available in the spring of 2006
Mahwah, NJ (August 19, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., announces the development of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D)* interchangeable lens for Maxxum digital and 35mm Single Lens-Reflex (SLR) cameras. The lens is planned for release in the spring of 2006.
“With the development of this new lens Konica Minolta not only expands it’s offering of lenses designed for the digital Maxxum series of cameras, but this lens also allows us to enhance our lineup of lenses available for Maxxum film cameras,” said Paul Zakrzewski, Director of Product Management for Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
The Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G (D) lens was developed as the successor model of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm f/1.4G lens that has been well accepted among photographers for the beautiful defocused effect rendered around the aperture. This new interchangeable lens was developed for use with both Konica Minolta Maxxum digital and 35mm film cameras and delivers clear and sharp images using a newly designed optical system. The lens also enables advanced flash metering capabilities due to a distance encoder that has been built into the lens.
Konica Minolta will continue to expand its lineup of lenses for digital and 35mm SLR cameras by developing new supporting lenses with features expected and found only on Konica Minolta products such as the G and STF Lenses whose wide diameter bring superior descriptive power to users.
* Wide f/1.4 bright high-performance wide-angle lens
* High picture quality across the entire focal range
* Built-in distance encoder (distance information provided internally by lens). Highly accurate ADI flash metering** when used with Maxxum digital SLR cameras and other Maxxum 35mm SLR bodies.
* Adopts the highly rated round aperture of the Konica Minolta AF 35mm F1.4G. Inherits the beautiful defocused effect particularly at distances at between open aperture and 2 f-stops narrower.
* Product name has been tentatively named for this release, with the final name to be announced at later date.
**ADI (Advanced Distance Integration) flash metering
Konica Minolta will continue to further upgrade the Maxxum system by developing interchangeable lenses, in order meet user needs on a higher level.
Maxxum is a trademark or registered trademark of Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc.