Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack is camera bag to hold a D/ SLR body with lens attached and accessories or a Mini DV camcorder. The bag features rear padded compartment will hold a small laptop (up to 12 or additional accessories with special design gives quick, separate access to the camera in the central compartment, while the rest of the equipment surrounding it remains secure, R-101s ergonomic harness includes a unique shock absorbing system, 5-point adjustment mechanism; Especially designed Camera Straps can be attached to the D rings on the harness and will take the camera load off your neck. The Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack has exterior size 12.6 x 7.09 x 15.75″ (32 x 18 x 40cm) (LxWxH), interior size 11.8 x 4.72 x 14.97″ (30 x 12 x 38cm) (LxWxH), and weighs 3.3 lbs (1.5kg).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack User Reviews
Great compact backpack
“I searched for months before finding this Kata backpack and the wait was worth it. The construction is solid, the yellow interior makes it easy to find stuff, the amount of space in this compact bag is amazing. I am able to fit my Canon 20D, 3 lenses, filters, cables, flash, and a laptop! I’m very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it to others.” – By AprilPix
A Rucksack That Will Last!
“I was surprised at how well the Rucksack-101 by Kata is made. It protects my equipment in the desert’s hot sun and places like rocky areas as well. It’s a well protected bag, made like armor. Actually for the smallest Rucksack it holds quite a lot. I can fit my Nikon D90 with 18-105 mm. lens and my Nikkor 70-300mm. lens. If you had two regular or small lenses they would fit too along with a speedlight and many accessories. Inside there are 2 zippered compartments, one for filters, cables and such and another which is more 3 dimensional around the entire edge of the bag…” – By Grand Photos Club member
Fits All My Needs
“I am extremely pleased with this purchase. I can carry my Canon Rebel Xti with Canon Image Stabilizer 70-300mm telephoto lens attached, a Sigma 10-20mm Wide Angle lens, Canon EFS 18-55mm standard lens, Nikon Coolpix 7900 Digital Camera, Canon Vixia HG 20 High Def. Camcorder, Battery Charger for Xti & 3 batteries, Battery Charger for Nikon Coolpix 7900 & 2 batteries, 3 filters for Xti, Dry Pack for Nikon Coolpix 7900, 5 compact flash cards and a 3-piece lens care kit.” – By Blu
Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack Expert Reviews
Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack Features & Specifications
The Kata R-101 GDC Rucksack is a compact backpack designed to hold a D/ SLR body with lens attached and accessories or a Mini DV camcorder. The case can be carried on board most airlines. The rear padded compartment will hold a small laptop (up to 12″) or additional accessories. There is a quick, access to the camera in the main compartment, while the rest of the equipment surrounding it remains secure. Additional accessories and personal essentials can be stored in the spacious arched lid compartment. There are two outside pockets and the central mesh/vinyl pocket.
The R-101 backpack has an ergonomic harness which includes a unique cushioning and shock absorbing system that allows for optimal ventilation and weight distribution. The Rucksack includes a well padded dividing set, which allows you to organize it to fit your requirements. Especially designed Camera Straps can be attached to the D rings on the harness and will take the camera load off your neck.
* 1680 ballistic nylon backpack made to carry photo or video gear and a laptop computer.
* Conforms to current FAA airline carry-on regulations
* The Modi-Vers System allows you to create compartments that meet your requirements. The divider can be cut with scissors to any desired size. You can attach the newly cut divider to another divider or the walls of the bag with a special touch fastener connector.
* Main camera compartment with dividers and camera holding straps
* Front zipper access to camera compartment
* Arched lid compartment
* Rear laptop compartment for a 12″ laptop or accessories
* Camera strap connector and two camera straps are included.
* TST (Thermo-Shield-Technology) protects the digital equipment while creating an extremely light product. The outer surface of the TST is thermo-formed in a protective “riibshape” construction. It is a double cord, water and dust proof, high tenacity and abrasion-resistant fabric. Underneath is a cross-linked, closed cell PE+EVA shield that provides insulation from cold, heat and moisture as well as protection from impact and shock.
* EPH Ergonomic Photo System is a modular and versatile accessory system. It allows you to adjust the configuration of the bag by attaching up to three EPH system accessory products.
* Two tripod straps are included.
* Two exterior mesh pockets
* One central mesh/vinyl pocket
* The included Elements Cover is used in rain or snow black side out, and reversed to silver in sun, for heat reflection. A mesh carrying pouch is included.
* Padded grip carrying handle
* Backpack harness
* Digital SLR body with lens attached and accessories
* Mini DV camcorder and its accessories