The HP Photosmart M537 is a digital point-and-shoot camera (announced 8 March 2007) with 6.0 effective million pixel, 3x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 38-114mm) with HP Steady Photo Anti Shake, and a 2.5″ LCD screen. The camera is measuring in at 96 x 31 x 64 mm (3.8 x 1.23 x 2.5 in), weighing 142 g and it’s running on 2x AA Alkaline / Photo Lithium / Rechargeable NiMH batteries.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
>> REVIEWS (last updated: 05.06.07)
PCWorld reviews the HP Photosmart M537 (Rating: 4/5) and writes;
“The M537′s plastic case doesn’t feel very rugged. However, it does fit well in the hand, and the L-shaped zoom control falls conveniently under your thumb. In our battery tests, the Photosmart M537 excelled, taking 345 shots before depleting a pair of AA cells…Despite a generous software bundle and long battery life, low image quality makes the M537 a less attractive option than some other comparably priced cameras. ”
Steve’sDigicams reviews the HP Photosmart M537 and writes;
“The overall image quality of our 6MP Best images was good for an entry-level consumer model. The majority of our outdoor samples were sharp and showed good overall exposure. Colors are richly saturated, almost a bit too much. Image noise is present in areas of contrast (open blue skies and shadows), even when the camera selects the lowest ISO setting available (ISO 50.)”
LaptopMag reviews the HP Photosmart M537 and writes;
“On our tests, the M537 produced crisp shots both indoors and out. A photo of a colleague looked warm, and the focus was sharp. Yellows were a bit intense in a photo of a vase of tulips, but the photo looked acceptable. There aren’t any manual controls on the M537, but beginners will be happy with the included presets.”
>> SAMPLE PHOTOS (last updated: 05.06.07)
>> USER MANUALS
>> PRESS RELEASE
The HP Photosmart M537 Digital Camera makes photo-taking fun and easy. Snap 6-megapixel photos and easily view them indoors or outdoors on the 6.35cm (2.5-inch) display. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple.
With HP steady photo anti-shake and industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal, (1) users can produce great, true-to-life photos.
Key Features and Benefits
* 6-megapixels for stunning 10x15cm (4×6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
* Zoom in for clear distance shots with 18x total zoom – 3x optical, 6x digital.
* Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 6.35cm (2.5-inch) display.
* HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
* Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
* Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
* Recording your memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
* Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
* Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
* Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
* HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
* Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
* Meets HP’s general specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
* Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
* Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
* Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M537 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
* 6-megapixel resolution
* 18x zoom – 3x optical, 6x digital
* Dimensions/Weight: 9.6cm (3.8in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.5in) (H) (includes protrusions) 142 grams without battery
* PictBridge support
* JPEG (Exif 2.2)
* Support/Connectivity: USB Connectivity, USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64, USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to www.hp.com/support.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €139. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/go/noredeye.
2 For more information, please visit www.hp.com/environment.
3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 Not included; please purchase separately.
See also: Digital Camera | HP