HP PhotoSmart 8150 is a Inkjet Printer features Print Resolution Black Up to 1200 rendered dpi, Color Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi, Print Speed Black Up to 20 ppm, Color Up to 20 ppm, Paper Sizes Letter, legal, executive, No. 10 envelopes, panorama, index cards, 5 x 7-in photo, 4 x 6-in photo, banner, and 2.5-in LCD (color graphics). The HP PhotoSmart 8150 measures 18.4 x 15.4 x 6.8 in (W x D x H) and weighs 15.5 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
HP PhotoSmart 8150 Reviews
PCMag reviews the HP PhotoSmart 8150 and writes;
“Output quality is in the top tier for ink jets, ranking just short of very good for text and graphics and excellent for photos. More than half the fonts we test are easily readable at 4 points, although some stylized fonts require 12 points. Graphics suffer only from banding in default mode and a tendency for full-page output to make the paper curl just a bit.”
Cameratown reviews the HP PhotoSmart 8150 and writes;
“Overall, The HP Photosmart 8150 is a real contender for a top spot in photo printers, especially for consumers who want an easy to use printer that can produce true photo lab quality prints that will last for generations. The ability to make single and multi-image prints per page right from the front panel of the printer should not be overlooked. Few consumers ever go out and buy dedicated 4″x6″ photo paper, opting instead for 8.5″x11″ paper…”
HP PhotoSmart 8150 User Reviews
“Its so easy to just pull your memory card from your camera, plug it into the printer and be able to zoom, crop and do basic editing (color balance, etc) right on the printer. We aren’t even going to hook it up to a computer, becuase if you’re just using it for pictures theres almost no need. I looked at the 8450 with networking and 8 print nozzles, but didn’t think it was worth $80 more. Like I said, we arent even hooking it to a printer, let alone our network, and frankly I do not know how noticeable 2 more print nozzles are going to be when the pictures look this spectacular in the first place. Print speed is surprisingly fast, as I’ve been seeing 30seconds for a borderless 4×6.” – by C. Whinney
Good Printer, but a little hungry it seems
“I recently got this printer as a gift, and I have had great luck printing more than 250 4″x6″ prints, some on 8.5×11, and some on Kodak 4″x6.25″ stock (leaves a little handle for your prints). The pitcures are very good, with only a little bronzing, which seems to make the prints jump at you. The images were from a 5 megapixel Canon, so they were pretty rich.. I also printed some retouched black and whites, and there was some graining with enlargements, but the overall effect was very good. There was some color artifacting (pink or blue tint) to the black and whites, but I just found out HP makes a grayscale photo cartridge for this printer, so I will get that and I am sure there will be no extra colors.” – by MGMcd
“I had to get a printer quick after mine just konked out. I did some research and this looked like the best deal for it’s features. I love it. It prints terrific photos, and the regular every day black print is awesome and fast.” – by SOGWAP
Works great right out of the box
“I got it home, pulled it out and installed the software. For some reason you have to install the software first then connect the printer. I was up and running in 10-20 minutes, (there’s alot of software it comes with photo editing software and scrapbook assistant)plugged in my SD card and printed my first photo five minutes later (I was playing with the menu, it’s NOT slow). You can edit right on the printer screen theres some fun effects and borders that you can do. Color was amazing worked right the first time. And the really cool thing is that it has two trays built in. One is for letter sized paper and the other is for 4″x6″ photo paper you just slide a switch to engage the photo paper.” – by wolverine librarian
Excellent Printer for its Price
“This printer is a workhorse right out of the box. After going to Target and trying to use their “Photo Print Station”, I gave up trying and purchased this printer on a whim. I needed to get some shots off to relatives who do not believe in using Ofoto. From the start I was impressed with its speed, clear quality, and features. I could take photos one moment, insert my digital card into the printer, edit them, and print them on the fly.” – by L. Wellott
“I don’t have a computer at home so I thought that this printer would be a great idea. I was right! I love this printer. I couldn’t ask for a better product. It is easy to use and has wonderful options. Just a word of advice, don’t print too many pictures at one time. The printer seems to overheat and freeze in whatever mode it was in. I have never lost any pictures due to this small glitch. I am so pleased with this product, I should have done this months ago!” – by Melissa Chesney
HP PhotoSmart 8150 Brochure & User Guide
HP PhotoSmart 8150 Features
Print true-to-life photos in six-ink color or up to 4,800 optimized dpi color printing that resists fading for generations. Choose to view, edit, and print photos with or without your computer. Use the convenient 2.5-inch color image display and simple front panel buttons to print directly from memory cards, from the HP Photo Proof sheet, or from PictBridge-enabled cameras using the front USB port. Or, use the convenient Save-to-PC feature to save photos to your computer.
Organize, edit, and fix photos with HP’s Image Zone software. You’ll print fast–4-by-6-inch photos print as fast as 27 seconds, and crisp, everyday black text and color graphics in up to 20 ppm. (All reported speeds are fastest possible under ideal conditions. Actual speeds will vary.) Print photos from select camera phones or Bluetooth wireless technology devices, and print frame-by-frame sequences right from digital camera video clips. More conveniences include a flexible paper tray that lets you print photos with or without borders on standard sizes of photo papers.
* Make every photo look its best before you print with easy editing features. Using the large 2.5-inch image display and easy front panel editing buttons, select the photos you want, then rotate, crop, zoom, automatically remove red-eye, and print.
* Print the action without a computer–play your digital video clip on the printer’s image display, freeze your favorite scene, and print it. Plus, print the entire video clip frame-by-frame, or print your digital video using the HP Photo Proof sheet.
* Make a positive impression every time you print with reliable, true-to-life photo-quality prints. Enjoy printing photos in six-ink color or up to 4,800-optimized dpi color printing for superior detail.
* Print true-to-life photos with or without borders on standard sizes of photo papers, plus print in panorama format, too.
* Organize, edit, enhance, and fix digital photos with HP Image Zone software.
* Enjoy the flexibility of black-and-white photo printing. Print professional-quality black-and-white photos with richer black and grays with the optional HP 100 Gray Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge (not included, sold separately).
* Easily print photos directly from camera memory cards (CompactFlash, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Secure Digital/ MultiMedia Card, and XD-Picture Card), from the HP Photo Proof Sheet, or from PictBridge-enabled cameras using the printer’s front USB port. Or, use the convenient Save-to-PC feature to easily save photos to your computer.
* Print photos from camera phones or other Bluetooth wireless technology.
* Easily share all your favorite photos with family and friends using HP Instant Share. Emailed photos can be quickly viewed and enjoyed by recipients–no slow downloads or attachments to wait for.
* Make memories last. True-to-life photos that resist fading longer than traditionally processed photos with six-ink color printing and HP Premium Photo papers–for bright, vivid prints that preserve your memories for generations.
* Print fast. Why wait for your photos? Capture every memory and every moment with true-to-life photos that you can print and share as fast as 27 seconds per page. Print fast black text and color, too, at speeds of up to 20 ppm.
* Print up to 27 ppm in laser-quality black with the optional HP 96 black cartridge, sold separately (color speed remains at 20 ppm).
* Conveniently switch from 4-by-6 to letter-size printing using built-in paper trays. Simply use the tray’s adjustable dividers to select your paper size, load paper, and print.
* Get more value from your printer–print true-to-life photos and crisp text.
* HP SureSupply notifies you when it is time to replace your print cartridge and helps you purchase locally or via the internet.
What’s in the Box
HP PhotoSmart 8150, HP 95 tri-color in cartridge (7ml, C8766WN), HP 99 photo ink cartridge (13ml, C9369WN), power supply, power cord, Quick Start Booklet, User’s Guide, CD-ROM with HP Image Zone software for Microsoft Windows and Macintosh, HP Share-to-Web software; USB cable not included; HP No. 100 and No. 96 cartridges not included.