HP DeskJet F4480 is a an all in one printer made from 50 percent recycled plastic features the ability to print up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi from 1200 dpi input data (when printing from a computer on photo paper) and function for easily and efficiently printing from the web, The HP DeskJet F4480 measures 17.2 x 11.5 x 6.4 in (W x D x H) and weighs 10.8 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
HP DeskJet F4480 Reviews
PCworld reviews the HP DeskJet F4480 and writes;
“During our tests, the standard cartridges allowed us to print our 20-page A4 test document in normal mode on plain paper, as well as 27 ‘best’ quality 6x4in photos using HP Advanced photo paper. We didn’t have to wait too long for the photos: each print came out in 28sec. The 20-page test document (which is a mixture of text pages, test patterns, images, graphs and gradients) came out at a rate of 2.1 pages per minute, with the first page out in 39sec. This rate will vary depending on the content of your pages; The quality of the text is sharp and even 6-point reversed text looked clear.”
Testfreaks reviews the HP DeskJet F4480 and writes;
“Black and white printing is nice and fast and the printer is not quite loud but not exactly quiet either. The quality of the black and white printing is acceptable but it’s nowhere near that of my Epson WorkForce 610, it just isn’t really crisp and clean it looks kind of fuzzy actually, but it is readable and basically acceptable overall.”
Bonafidereviews reviews the HP DeskJet F4480 and writes;
“Overall, the F4480 is a pretty solid black and white printer and has fairly strong scanning properties. It’d almost be worth buying to use solely as a scanner if you’re in the market for one at a good price. Printing black and white documents isn’t bad either, but photos and black and white and color mixes look pretty terrible.”
HP DeskJet F4480 User Reviews
Great little Black Beauty, | Rating:
“..One of the big pluses for me is that each time it is turned on it is ready to go at once. My other printer was the HP1500 and each time it was turned on it went through a series of realignments and unnecessary procedures that took forever! For the price, which is ridiculously low,this little baby can’t be beat! And I recommend it most highly. “ – by Robert D. Archibald
Pleased with HP Purchase, | Rating:
“The price of the HP almost deterred me(too cheap);however the price(not much to lose) made the final decision. In the past the HP’s I’ve used have been plagued with paper jams. This one has been jam free thus far. The print quality has been excellent. I’ve been printing a lot of CD jackets as I’m converting my Vinyl Collection to digital. The picture quality on the CD jackets has been excellent. “ – by potential62
HP Desk Jet F4480, | Rating:
“It works and performs as advertised. The printer has a tendency to jamb when printing side two of an orginal sheet in more than three pages. Start of the first copy is slower than expected before copying begins. That is not a disadvantage for me because I do not have a need for frequent copying. The copier produces brillant color copies. I would not hesitate recommending this product to others. “ – by Alfred L. Keyes
Works perfect for a cheap printer., | Rating:
“This HP DeskJet F4480 prints extremely crisp text quickly and quietly. The scans/copies it does could not be any better. The scans even made things show up clearly that we could not see on the originals such as hidden marks. It prints very fast and the replacement inks are quite cheap for this printer.” – by S. Stafford
Downloading software required — CD’s faulty | Rating:
“The packed installation CD’s have some fault in the software preventing installation fully completing. Best download the “full feature” driver package, which actually has utilities as well — same thing as CD but up to date and fixed, and runs more simply from hard disk. The HP website is quite good. “ – by glresearch
Great all in one for the price, | Rating:
“Installed easily with Windows 7, but typical of software, one should pick and choose what to load. Unit does all functions well and the cost of the ink is much less than my older unit. I could just about buy this unit for the cost of my old printers’ ink cartridges. “ – by Hanoverart
I enjoy my new priner, | Rating:
“As expected the HP printer works very well. I am very satisfied with the print quality. Its small and portable enough for my motor home, which is where it will be used mos of the time. It looks like If I buy an attachment this printer will print duplex. I’m looking into this. My HP J6480 prints duplex and I love it also.” – by John Falcon
Great Buy! | Rating:
“I’m really pleased with this purchase, I use it all the time for documents to be turned in as I’m currently in college. Everything I’ve printed so far has been clean and crisp. The scanner/copier works perfect aswell. Installation was simple, I installed it with Windows 7 without any problems. I highly reccomend it! “ – by Brandon Kister
HP DeskJet F4480 Brochure & User Guide
HP DeskJet F4480 Features
Made from 50 percent recycled plastic, the Energy Star-qualified F4480 makes it easy to go green and helps you save energy, paper, and money by enabling you to printing multiple pages onto onto each side of the paper using the paper-saving Printing option. It can print up to 22 color pages per minute (ppm), offers up to a 1200 x 2400 dpi scanning resolution for page sizes up to 8.5 x 11.7 inches, and can make up to 9 copies from 25 to 200 percent copy resize. You’ll also be able to print great-looking borderless photos.
Simple to set up—even easier to use
* With a very simple setup you’ll be printing, scanning and copying in no time.
* Easily make prints, scans and copies with clear, straightforward buttons.
* Have new ink ready when you need it thanks to automatic low-ink alerts.
* Print great-looking photos right at home with borderless printing.
Resourceful all-in-one knows how to save
* Save money and energy with this efficient Energy Star qualified all-in-one.
* Use paper more efficiently by printing multiple pages onto each side of the paper using the paper-saving Printing option.
* Take a step to a greener way of life using this HP All-in-One made from recycled plastic material.
* Enjoy free, easy and responsible ink cartridge recycling via HP Planet Partners (visit hp.com/recycle).
Print from the Web easily and efficiently
* Save ink and paper by combining content from multiple web pages onto one page with HP Smart Web Printing.
* Conserve print supplies by clipping content from multiple websites and printing on a single page.
* Stay organized by adding personal notes to Web pages before printing.
* Add personal notes to Web pages before printing
* Less waste–this HP product created from 50 percent recycled plastic.
* Packaging is 100 percent recyclable.
* Original HP 60 cartridge bodies contain at least 50 percent recycled plastic.
* Print resolution: Black (best quality): Up to 600 dpi; Color (best quality): Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi from 1200 dpi input data (when printing from a computer on photo paper)
* Print speed: Black: Up to 28 ppm; Color: Up to 22 ppm
* Print features: Borderless Printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in); Duplex Print Options: Manual (driver support provided)
* Scan input modes: Front-panel scan, copy
* Scan resolution: Hardware: Up to 1200 x 2400 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi
* Scan speed: Preview: Up to 27 sec; OCR (letter): < 41 sec * Scan size: 8.5 x 11.7 inches, maximum * Copy resolution: Black (text and graphics): Up to 600 optimized dpi from 300 dpi input; Color (text and graphics): Up to 1200 optimized dpi from 600 dpi input * Copy speed: Black: Up to 28 cpm; Color: Up to 22 cpm * Copier settings: Stand-alone black and color copying for plain paper or photo paper * Copier resize: 25 to 200 percent * Number of copies: Up to 9 * Supported media: Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media * Supported sizes: Letter, legal, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 8 x 10 in, No. 10 envelopes * Paper handling: 80-sheet input tray, 15-sheet output tray * PC compatibility: Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit), Windows XP (SP1 or higher [32-bit]), Mac OS X v 10.4, Mac OS X v 10.5, Windows 2000 and Windows XP Professional x64 are supported with a basic print and scan solution only * Dimensions: 17 x 11.5 x 6.4 inches * Connectivity: USB 2.0 What’s in the Box? HP Deskjet F4480 All-in-One, HP 60 Black Ink Cartridge (~ 200 pages), HP 60 Tri-color Ink Cartridge (~ 150 pages), software CD, setup poster, reference guide, power supply, power cord.
See also: Printers