In this tutorial I will show you how to do a selection to hair using background eraser tool in Photoshop..
Here’s the before and after photos:
1. Open your file. As you can see in your file pallete you only have one layer called background.
2. Change your background layer name to layer 0 by double click your background layer in the layer pallete. Make a new layer under layer 0, and fill with color that contrast the hair color. In my case, since I’m going to select a dark hair, then I will need to fill it with white.
3. Choose background erase tool from your tool pallete
4. Use the setting below, or experiment for the best result
5. Start deleting background in layer 0 using your background erase tool.
6. After you finish with the hair, now use the pen tool to do the rest of your selection
7. Save your selection
8. Soften your edges using gaussian blur
9. Here’s my final result:
Derry Aritonang – http://fotografer.net/isi/anggota/profil.php?id=25421