Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB is a 4-Section Aluminum Tripod and MH5011SB Pan Head with Quick Release for SLR cameras. The tripod features Giottos’ trademark “Qel” flip lever locks, which can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the field if necessary with Spirit bubble levels (a circular atop tripod crown and a 3-way level at base of the quick release adapter) help level both legs and base of camera include Compact quick release plate with standard 1/4″-20 camera screw and an anti-twist video register pin that completed Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column decrease minimum working height. The Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB has maximum height of 60.3″ (153.2cm), maximum height (with center column down) 50.9″ (129.2cm), minimum height 11.9″ (30.2cm), Folded Length 22.9″ (58.2cm), and weighs 3.24 lbs (1.470kg).
Overall rating: N/A | Latest Price Info
Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB Features & Specifications
The Giottos MTL 9240B-5011SB Tripod is a compact class 4-section aluminum model paired together with a small 3-way pan/tilt head. It shares much of Giottos’ feature set that is unique to their MTL class of aluminum models. With 22/19/16/13mm segments, the MTL 9240B-5011SB is made for use with consumer-class SLR cameras with short telephoto lenses, such as an 18-100mm type lens.
There’s not too much in the world of tripods that Giottos doesn’t think to incorporate into their best models such as this MTL 9240B-5011SB. It has foam padded upper segments, a bubble level right at the neck of the unit as well as a 3-way level at the quick release assembly, flip-lock levers which can be attended to in the field if needed and an included tool kit which has a special short column attachment that allows an impressive minimum operating height. The MH 5011SB 3-way head has distinct locks for each axis of movement, with a ‘snap-in’ quick release system.
All together, this tripod/head combination weighs just 3.23 pounds and collapses to just under 23″ (58.2cm), so it can comfortably live on the outside of a backpack. Its working height is 50.9″, so it isn’t too much of a ‘crouch-down’ compromise in the world of travel tripods.
* Compact, aluminum alloy tripod with 22mm maximum leg segments and a 3-way pan/tilt head with quick release
* Giottos’ trademark “Qel” flip lever locks, which can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the field if necessary
* Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
* Spirit bubble levels (a circular atop tripod crown and a 3-way level at base of the quick release adapter) help level both legs and base of camera
* Compact quick release plate with standard 1/4″-20 camera screw and an anti-twist video register pin
* Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column decrease minimum working height
* Rounded rubber leg tips
* Weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability (must hang you camera bag or other heavy item from it)
Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB User Reviews
Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB Expert Reviews
Giottos MTL9240B-5011SB User Manual
See also: Accessories | Tripod