Last Updated (22 May’12):
- Review & Sample Photos @ TechRadar
Fujifilm Z90 is a 14.2 MP Digital camera features Fujinon 5x wide Optical Zoom (28 – 140 mm equivalent), YouTube / Facebook easy web upload, HD Recording for both stills and movies, One-touch Movie Mode and Movie Editing feature, Digital Image Stabilisation, Touch and Shoot, Auto Picture Rotation, Tracking Auto Focus, Image search functionSR AUTO, Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Framing guide, Automatic LCD brightness adjustment, Frame No. memory, Touch & shoot, Auto, Tracking, Motion panorama, Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, Program, and 3.0-inch wide, approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor. The camera measures 95.4(W) x 56.9(H) x 20.1(D) mm / 3.8(W) x 2.2(H) x 0.8(D) in. and weighs Approx. 133g / 4.7oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card).
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Fujifilm Z90 Reviews
Techradar reviews the Fujifilm Z90 and writes;
“The build quality really is superb for this class. The 3.0-inch touch-screen is responsive to a gentle touch and works well. With its slim design and no-nonsense layout and good images the FinePix Z90 can go anywhere and be used by all.”
Photographyblog reviews the Fujifilm Z90 and writes;
“New users and young people will like features such as the face recognition and because of it’s slim line build and good looks, it will be a staple requirement in a pocket or handbag on a night out.”
Ephotozine reviews the Fujifilm Z90 and writes;
“The Fujifilm FinePix Z90 is an ideal camera for those on a budget and/or buying their first camera, who like to share pictures on social networking sites.. The touch-screen is excellent and the camera is available in plenty of bright vibrant colours.”
Fujifilm Z90 User Reviews
Nice Size, Good Pictures
“The touch screen works reasonably well and the camera is intuitive enough that if you know anything about digital cameras, you probably do not need to read the manual. I let my son try it out and he had no problem at all using it for both stills and videos.” – By Richard Wagoner
A top-of-the-line amateur camera
“Zoom is clear and usable. Macro mode, like on our J10, works really well. The camera itself looks great and boasts a slide-open activation that’s fairly intuitive. Low light focusing takes a few seconds, but the images come out pretty clear. Like the J10 the body feels solid and well-built.” – By Moviedude
“This camera is what I call a “subcompact” – the smallest point and shoot cameras that have vertically mounted lenses which allow protection, compactness, and quicker start up times.” – By MussSyke
Fujifilm FinePix Z90
“The picture quality to me is good although I admit I haven’t developed any of my pics yet but does any one do that any more? I just downloaded them and sent them out. I took some out side & in doors and was satisfied.” – By loopy
A versatile and tough little take-along camera
“The Fuji Finepix Z85 is a great choice if you need a reasonably-priced, tough, attractive and versatile camera for vacation snapshots, party photos, Facebook postings, and the like. It’s an excellent compromise between image quality, features, size, and portability.” – By Jeddy 3
Good pocket camera
“The image stabilization seems to work well, the flash fills nicely, and the “Auto” setting has kept the quality consistent indoors and out.” – By John Douglass Hibbard
Fujifilm Z90 Sample Photos
- Fujifilm Z90 Sample Photos @ Flickr.com
- Fujifilm Z90 Sample Photos @ Techradar.com
- Fujifilm Z90 Sample Photos @ Photographyblog.com
- Fujifilm Z90 Sample Photos @ Ephotozine.com
Fujifilm Z90 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
- Download Fujifilm Z90 User Manual (PDF – 1.74MB)
Fujifilm Z90 Features
The FinePix Z90 digital camera is the latest addition to Fujifilm’s sleek and stylish range of Z-series compact cameras, and features a large 3-inch resistive touch-screen LCD, a 14-megapixel CCD sensor, with a FUJINON 5x wide angle refractive optical zoom lens (28mm equivalent) for added range and flexibility. The FinePix Z90′s impressive features also include one-touch 720p HD movie capture, an intuitive Dual Direction GUI that allows for easy navigating, and “tap and shoot” capabilities for images and videos. The Z90 also has tagging with automatic upload functions to YouTube and Facebook.
Fujifilm FinePix Z90 Highlights
The FinePix Z90 features a slim metal chassis and a chic horizontal sliding lens barrier that makes it ultra-portable. It is available in a choice of five stylish colors: matte black, red, blue, pink and purple.
Easy Web Uploads
Sharing photos online has become an everyday activity for many people, so Fujifilm includes the Facebook/YouTube Automatic Upload feature that makes for quicker and easier modes of posting photos/videos on social networking sites. This feature allows users to identify and tag a photo for Facebook or YouTube upload. Once the camera is connected to a PC and MyFinePix Studio software is launched, all marked photos or movies will upload directly to Facebook or YouTube at the press of a button.
With 720p HD movie capture, the FinePix Z90 captures vivid images that can be played back in beautiful detail on your HDTV. In addition, the FinePix Z90′s one-touch movie button makes it simple to create your own movie clips, with sequential capture, letting you start and stop in a single movie clip. The Movie Edit feature allows users to add personalized finishing touches to footage with in-camera editing, and the camera also lets users add special effects to their photos including color tones, contrasts and brightness changes, Diagonal Crop, Collage and Face Mosaic. With the optional HD Player accessory kit, with wireless remote control (HDMI cable not included), families can gather around their home HDTV to enjoy amazingly detailed stills and high resolution movie playback.
* Tap and Shoot: Provides the ability for one touch focus and shooting for easy photo taking. After the user taps the focal point of choice for the shooting scene on the LCD display, the camera automatically sets the appropriate focus and functions, and then releases the shutter for optimal one touch picture taking.
* Digital Image Stabilization: Digital Image Stabilization reduces image blur automatically and offers creative adaptability and excellent picture quality.
* Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently detects the scene-type and shooting conditions and optimizes the camera settings accordingly.
* Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the FinePix Z90 is fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously, at almost any angle to the camera. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
* i-Flash Intelligent Flash: Offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and unexposed.
* Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically stitches up to three shots to create a panoramic picture
* Playback Capabilities: Offers a variety of playback features for easy and immediate sharing such as the widescreen LCD in HD, slide show, sort, edit and search features, plus Dual Image Display that splits the screen in various ways to view multiple images at once.
Fujifilm FinePix Z90 Key Features:
* 3.0-inch wide touch screen LCD
* 14.2 MP sensor
* Slimmer metal body with vertical sliding lens cover
* Fujinon 5x wide Optical Zoom (28 – 140 mm equivalent)
* YouTube / Facebook easy web upload
* HD Recording for both stills and movies
* One-touch Movie Mode and Movie Editing feature
* Digital Image Stabilisation
* Touch and Shoot
* Auto Picture Rotation
* Tracking Auto Focus
* Image search function
See also: Digital Camera | Fujifilm | Point & Shoot Cameras