Fujifilm S2950HD is a 14 MP Digital Camera features 18x Wide Angle Optical Zoom Lens, ISO 64-6400, Image sensor: 1/2.3-inch CCD with primary color filter, HD stills (Full HD) and 720p HD movie capture (30 fps), HDMI mini port for easy image display on any HDTV, Face Detection with Blink detection and Smile and shoot mode, SR Auto (Scene Recognition Auto), and 3.0-inch, approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor. The camera measures 110.2 (W) x 73.4 (H) x 81.4(D) mm / 4.3in.(W) x 2.9in.(H) x 3.2in.(D) and weighs Approx. 341g / 12.0oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card).
Overall rating: N/A | Latest Price Info
Fujifilm S2950HD Reviews
Fujifilm S2950HD Sample Photos
Fujifilm S2950HD User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
Fujifilm S2950HD Features
Powerful Zoom, Outstanding Quality in HD
Optimal image quality for both HD video and still images through Fujifilm’s unrelenting supportive functions with Fujinon Lens.
Fujinon 18x Optical Zoom & Wide 28mm Zoom Lens
Highly Regarded by Professionals World-wide
The widely renown Fujinon Lenses are used popularly in numerous situations including satellites in outer space, TV/film, surveillance, and compact cameras. With the highly adept manufacture of Fujifilm, high precision optic and technology are provided for the best 28mm wide angle and 18x optical zoom.
14 Megapixels – With Vivid Colors and Clarity
A 14 megapixel of high resolution can capture the world around in vivid color and lavish details.
Electronic Viewfinder (EVF)
Put your eye to the EVF and “Eye Sensor” automatically switches display from the LCD to the highly responsive electronic viewfinder. Furthermore, blurs are dramatically reduced by the stability from the positioning of both arms that are naturally tightened to the body when looking through the EVF.
High Sensitivity + CCD Shift Image Stabilization
Dual Image Stabilization is the combination of high sensitivity and CCD shift image stabilization that works to eliminate blurred photos by freezing action and minimizing blurs at maximum zoom range.
High Sensitivity (max. ISO6400)
Maximum sensitivity of ISO6400* lets you take natural, lifelike photos, even with limited available light. And high sensitivity also lets you stop the action, even when the subject is moving at high speeds.
* * At ISO3200 and 6400, number of recorded pixels is limited to a maximum 3 megapixels. At full resolution (14 megapixels), sensitivity is limited to a maximum ISO1600.
HDTV-compatible Photos & Video
Able to capture both photos and movies in high-definition 16:9 format, the FinePix S2950 lets you discover the impact of full-screen HDTV image display.
Capture high resolution images in 16:9 format (4,288 x 2,416 pixels, 3,072 x 1,728 pixels, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels).
Capture high resolution images in 16:9 format (1,280 x 720 pixels).
HD Image Viewing
Simply connect any HDMI cable available in the market to the HDTV and enjoy the full impact of high resolution images and movies.
* * Direct connection from the HDMI Miniport (camera).
SR AUTO & Detection Functions
Equipped with SR AUTO, an auto 6 scene-recognition function with fully loaded detection functions that detect faces, blinks and smiles for clear optimized people photos.
6 Scene SR AUTO
Framed scenes are automatically detected and selected into appropriate camera settings: Portrait, Landscape, Night, Macro, Night Portrait, and Backlit Portrait.
Face Detection optimizes people pictures by detecting faces and adjusting focus and exposure to ensure bright, clear results. Red-eye removal automatically detects and corrects flash reflection for a perfect end result. The Face Detection can simultaneously recognizes up to 10 faces in a photo. Share your group portraits using the Zoom Up function in playbacks, checking each detected face. Each priceless expression can be cropped and saved in clear high resolution results.
The camera will warn you when people in the frame are blinking, giving you the option to retake the photo, or enlarge the face so you can save or delete the image before you take the next shot.
Smile & Shoot Mode
The Smile & Shoot mode of Scene Position, automatically releases the shutter when the smile appears so you won’t miss the adorable smile the moment they happen.
High Performance Shooting Functions
Introducing high-performance shooting functions of Motion Panorama, Super Macro Shooting, Tracking Auto Focus, Instant Zoom, and Zoom Bracketing Mode.
Lets you take panorama photos as simply as 1, 2, 3! The camera automatically stitches together three consecutive shots, with simple in-frame guidance to ensure the images are aligned. The resulting image is saved to the memory card as an impressive panorama.
2cm Super Macro Shooting
Sets an accurate focus moving in as close as approx. 2cm (0.8-inch). Impressive full-frame close-ups can be taken.
Tracking Auto Focus
Keeps fast moving subjects in the frame and in focus, even at 3x zoom extended. Great for capturing dynamic close-ups.
A function to follow moving subjects in standard wide view for easy framing at high zoom settings. With a single press of a button, the subject tracked within the selected frame on the LCD, will be captured and saved at a high zoom ratio (1.4x or 2.0x digital zoom).
* * The camera model in the flash is a sample image.
Zoom Bracketing Mode
Enables three shots to be taken at the single press of the button, at varying degrees of magnification (original, 1.4x and 2.0x). This enables instant editing on the camera to choose the ideal shot, rather than having to go back to a PC to facilitate a digital crop.
* * The camera model in the flash is a sample image.
Versatile Shooting Modes
In addition to a wide range of shooting modes, the FinePix S2950 / S2990 offers a selection of versatile scene positions that ensure optimum results no matter what the scene.
Attractive Features in a Compact Body
Photo playbacks are simple as it can be! With advanced picture search function, micro thumbnail and slideshow, revive your captured memories.
A Remarkable Compact Body
Supplied with impressive powerful zooming functions, the FinePix S2950 / S2990 achieved its comfort through lightweight and a small dimension for you to take it anywhere with ease.
3.0-inch Large LCD
The 3.0-inch large, bright LCD display makes it easy to compose great photos. Sharing pictures is a pleasure, thanks to a high-impact 230,000-dot resolution.
* Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
* i-Flash Intelligent Flash: Offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and unexposed.
* Full Manual Controls: Gives the user the choice of direct access to manually control the settings and shooting features, and the specially designed chassis includes dedicated command buttons for quick and easy key functions.
* Instant Zoom/Zoom Bracketing: Useful for high level photography. The Instant Zoom function captures moving subjects at high zoom settings. After zooming on a subject, a single button gives an additional 1.4x or 2x digital zoom. Zoom Bracketing automatically captures the same image three times with zoom ratio settings of 1x, 1.4x and 2x with a single shutter release.
* Continuous Shooting: Allows up to 8 fps for 20 frames in S mode.
* AA-Battery Power: Using AA batteries is convenient for on-the-go digital camera users as it eliminates the need to charge battery packs, allowing for lots of picture-taking and the ease of battery replacement.