Last update (19 August’09):
– Review & Sample Photos @ CNET
Fujifilm FinePix S1500 is a 10 megapixels compact camera features 12x optical zoom (equivalent to 33 – 396mm on a 35mm camera) with dual image stabilization, panorama mode, ISO 64-6400, and a 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor. The camera measures 102.5(W) x 73.0(H) x 67.8(D)mm / 4.1(W) x 2.9(H) x 2.7(D)in. and weighs Approx. 324g / 11.4oz.
[Download Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Brochure]
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Reviews
CNET reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“The good: Nice design; excellent feature set; reasonably simple to use. The bad: Picture quality drops off above ISO 200; occasionally sluggish performance. The bottom line: Even for a full-featured megazoom camera at a low price, the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 delivers average photo quality and mixed performance.”
Cameras.uk reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“This camera offers manual exposure modes as well as a viewfinder, image stabilisation and the ability to zoom in when shooting a movie. It scores well for ease of use when compared to other, similar digital cameras.”
CNET.uk reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“The Fujifilm FinePix S1500 feels so good for a camera that costs so little that you desperately want it to do well. But the modest lens range and mediocre picture quality let it down. It’s still a good buy for the cost-conscious, but only for those willing to accept its shortcomings”
PhotographyBlog reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“Fujifilm FinePix S1500 comes Recommended. There are better performing bridge models or super-zooms out there if a broader focal range is high up among your wishes, but for the price investment in an S1500 can’t really be discouraged…”
Pocket-Lint reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“Fairly priced, jack-of-all-trades super zoom. Taken individually its features don’t overly impress, but the undemanding user may well find it’s all the camera they ever need”
TrustedReviews reviews the Fujifilm FinePix S1500 and writes;
“… Unsurprisingly it still has the same lens performance, with noticeable barrel distortion at wide angle and pincushion at telephoto, but providing decent corner-to-corner sharpness…good picture quality at 400 ISO and usable images even at 800. “
nice camera nice price by J.Fast | Rating:
“I took the camera to the state park with my grand daughter and shot a gig or two of pics. Good color, good focus even with the tele at max. I took two blue birds in the top of a tree with the tele on max got a good sharp picture. For the price it has a lot of features. Both of my Canon cameras have died so I am trying another brand and I think it is a good buy at Amazons price and quick delevery.”
Very satisfied by Leelani | Rating:
“This camera has a lot of features and it’s so well designed that they are easy to use. I haven’t quite figured out how to take closeups with completely blurred background but I’ve had lots of other successes. Batteries seem to last pretty well. A lot of fun to use!.”
Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Samples
– Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Sample Photos @ CNET
– Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Sample Photos @ Cameras.uk
– Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Sample Photos @ PhotographyBlog
– Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Sample Photos @ TrustedReviews
– Fujifilm FinePix S1500 Sample Photos: 1 – 2 – 3
Fujifilm FinePix S1500 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
– Download Fujifilm FinePix S1500 User Manual (PDF – 3.62MB)
Number of effective pixels
10.0 million pixels
* Internal memory (Approx. 23MB)
* SD memory card
* SDHC memory card*2
JPEG (Exif Ver 2.2*3)
AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound
WAVE format, Monaural sound
(Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
Number of recorded pixels
3,648 x 2,736 (10M) / 3,648 x 2,432 (3:2 format) / 2,592 x 1,944 / 2,048 x 1,536 / 1,600 x 1,200 / 640 x 480 pixels
Fujinon 12x optical zoom lens, F2.8 (Wide) – F5.0 (Telephoto)
Lens focal length
f=5.9 – 70.8mm, equivalent to 33 – 396mm on a 35mm camera
Wide: F2.8 – F6.4, Telephoto: F5.0 – F8.0, max 5 steps in 1/3 EV increment
Focus distance (from lens surface)
* Wide: Approx. 40cm / 1.3ft. to infinity
* Telephoto: Approx. 1.5m / 4.9ft. to infinity
* Wide: Approx. 5cm – 3m / 2.0in. – 9.8ft.
* Telephoto: Approx. 80cm – 3m / 2.6ft. – 9.8ft.
* Approx. 2cm – 1m / 0.8in. – 3.3ft.
Auto / Auto(800) / Auto(400) / Equivalent to ISO 64 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
* ISO 3200 / 6400: 3M pixels or lower (Number of recorded pixels)
TTL 256-zones metering
Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Auto, SR Auto, SP, P, S, A, M, C, Panorama, Movie
Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Natural Light, Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Museum, Party, Flower, Text
(Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/2000sec., (All other modes) 8sec. to 1/2000sec.
* Top-3 (max. 1.4 frames/sec.)
* Last-3 (max. 1.4 frames/sec.)
* Long-period (max. 1.4 frames/sec.)
* Top-6, High speed (max. 3.3 frames/sec., 5M pixels or lower)
* Top-15, Ultra high speed (max. 7.5 frames/sec., 2M pixels or lower)
Auto focus (Area, Multi, Center, Tracking) / Continuous AF
Automatic scene recognition
Preset: (Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light), Custom
Approx. 10 sec. / 2 sec.delay
Effective range (ISO AUTO):
* Wide: Approx. 40cm – 8.7m / 1.3ft. – 28.5ft.
* Telephoto: Approx. 1.5m – 4.8m / 4.9ft. – 15.7ft.
* Wide: Approx. 30cm – 3.0m / 1.0ft. – 9.8ft.
* Telephoto: Approx. 80cm – 3.0m / 2.6ft. – 9.8ft.
* Red-eye removal OFF: Auto, Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Slow Synchro.
* Red-eye removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto, Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash, Suppressed Flash, Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro.
0.2-inch, Approx. 200,000 dots, FLCD monitor (R/G/B colors are displayed in a single dot), Approx. 97% coverage
2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, Approx. 97% coverage
* 640 x 480 pixels, 30 frames/sec.
* 320 x 240 pixels, 30 frames/sec.
With monaural sound
* Optical or digital zoom function can be selected during movie recording.
SR Auto (Scene Recognition Auto), Instant Zoom, Panorama shooting mode, Face Detection (with Auto red-eye removal), High speed shooting, Framing guideline, Post shot assist windows, Frame No. memory, Histograms, Silent mode
Slideshow, Face Detection (with Red-eye removal), Trimming, Single frame and Multi-frame playback (with Micro thumbnail), Sorting by date, Image rotate, Voice Memo, Histograms (Highlight warning)
NTSC / PAL selectable
USB 2.0 High-speed
4x AA type alkaline batteries (included), Ni-MH rechargeable batteries (sold separately) or Lithium batteries (sold separately)
DC Coupler CP-04 with AC power adapter AC-5VX(sold separately)
102.5(W) x 73.0(H) x 67.8(D)mm / 4.1(W) x 2.9(H) x 2.7(D)in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
Approx. 324g / 11.4oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)