Last update: Review & Sample Photos @ NeoCamera (31 January’08)
The Fujifilm FinePix F480 is a point-and-shoot digital camera (announced 26 July’07) features 8.2 MegaPixel CCD, X Wide Angle Optical Zoom (35mm equivalent: 28mm-112mm), Up to ISO 800 at full resolution, Picture Stabilization mode, Movie Mode w/ Sound at 30 fps and a 2.7″ TFT LCD Screen. The camera measures 95.6(W)× 55.4(H)× 23.0(D) mm/3.8(W)× 2.2(H)× 0.9(D) in. and weighs approx. 140g/4.9 oz
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Fujifilm FinePix F480 Reviews
NeoCamera reviews the Fujifilm FinePix F480 and writes;
“The Fuji Finepix F480 is low-cost point-and-shoot camera with good image quality, mostly reasonable speed and a rare wide-angle lens… Given its very low price, the F480 is a good value.”
Cameras.uk reviews the Fujifilm FinePix F480 and writes;
“Cheap and cheerful is one way of looking at this camera. Not so hot is another I guess! This is a very simple camera, but I struggled with picture quality throughout my tests.”
DigicamReview reviews the Fujifilm FinePix F480 and writes;
“This camera will take some nice pictures. Getting the best results is not as straightforward as it should be. The preset scene modes have for me produced overexposed images. Purple fringing at wide angle is worse than with other cameras I have reviewed, though will go unnoticed except on enlargements greater than A4.”
Steve’sDigicams reviews the Fujifilm FinePix F480 and writes;
” If you’re one who is just getting into the digital market, and want a compact point-n-shoot model, the F480 will please. It can capture nice photos, has a versatile “Wide” zoom range and includes a very nice LCD.”
Fujifilm FinePix F480 Samples
– Fujifilm FinePix F480 Sample Photos @ NeoCamera
– Fujifilm FinePix F480 Sample Photos @ Cameras.uk
– Fujifilm FinePix F480 Sample Photos @ DigicamReview
– Fujifilm FinePix F480 Sample Photos @ Steve’sDigicams
Fujifilm FinePix F480 User Manual (PDF)
Click to view or right click and select Save Target As..(Firefox) or Save link as.. (IE) to download
– Download Fujifilm FinePix F480 User Manual (PDF – 3.5MB)
Fujifilm FinePix F480 Press Release
Valhalla, N.Y., July 26, 2007 FUJIFILM U.S.A. Inc. today announced the launch of the eight-MegaPixel FinePix F480, the latest model in Fujifilm’s F-Series digital camera lineup and successor to the F470.
No bigger than a deck of playing cards, the F480 is aimed at entry level photographers looking for function and form. It carries an 8.2 MegaPixel CCD sensor along with a digital signal processor for noise reduction. This CCD and processor combination ensures that pictures taken with the FinePix F480 are colorful, clear and crisp. A 4.0x wide angle optical zoom lens from world-renowned lens manufacturer, Fujinon, captures large groups or distant subjects with ease thanks to a 28mm-112mm equivalent on a 35 mm camera.
The FinePix F480 also features Picture Stabilization mode to reduce blurry images that can be caused by camera shake or subject movement. Automatically choosing the correct light sensitivity and best-matching shutter speed, the F480 produces the highest quality digital pictures without blur and the noise often associated with low light photographs.
Fujifilm’s new F480 model also offers the following attractive features:
* Large LCD: 2.7-inch LCD display.
* Mode Dial: The camera features a conveniently placed mode dial that provides easy access to the most commonly used shooting modes, including: Auto, Picture Stabilization, Baby and Movie mode, and allows one-touch access to the pre-programmed scene modes.
* Scene modes: A wide range of 13 pre-programmed scene modes provides top-quality photos in a range of shooting conditions.
* Movie Mode: Capture QVGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you’re out and you don’t have your video camera on-hand.
* Internal memory: When the memory card (sold separately) is filled with images, users have extra internal storage space on each camera to capture additional pictures.
The stylish, all-black F480 also comes with a Li-ion rechargeable battery.
“We wanted to provide consumers with an easy to use, compact camera, that can be dropped into a pocket, making it easier to never miss a great photo opportunity,” said David Troy, Senior Product Manager, Consumer Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM U.S.A., Inc.
The FinePix F480 will debut in September 2007 with a retail price of $179.95.