Epson Stylus Pro 4000 is a Inkjet Printer features Print Resolution 2880 x 1440 dpi, Print Speed Letter prints from 50 secs to 9:30 – 1440 dpi is 3:40; 13″ x 19″ prints from 1:44 to 18:44 – 1440 dpi is 7:49. The Epson Stylus Pro 4000 measures 33.4″ (W) x 14″ (H) x 30″ (D) and weighs 83.7 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Reviews
Pcmag reviews the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and writes;
“Image quality is outstanding, with a very wide color gamut, great detail, true blacks, and excellent, accurate color. The level of archivability (a print’s ability to retain its image) and colorfastness (the print’s resistance to light) are quite high: Wilhelm Imaging Research rates the colorfastness of the Stylus Pro 4000’s new media at 85 years for color and more than 100 years for black-and-white. “
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 User Reviews
Epson Stylus Pro 4000
“The wait to get this printer was well worth it! I love the speed and quality of the prints. I not all that happy about how hard it is to find paper in the 17″ x 22″ or 17″ roll sizes. The other thing was finding ink cartridges and the maintain tank replacements. These items seem to be out of stock just as much as the printer. There is a little bit of a learning curve but in the end the pictures are outstanding and worth every bit of the current problems in getting ink and the maintain tank. I was surprise by the size and it does need heavy duty desk or stand. But again it works great out of the box and better once you learn how to use all the settings.” – by Wayne Moore
Print quality and ease of printing unrivaled
“This printer delivers a Giclee quality print that makes it impossible to distinguish the original from the print. With it’s ability to print on Canvas, Water color paper and Heavier materials in widths up to 17 inches wide by up to 100 feet long, it’s archival inks estimated to resist fading for 200 years and it’s ease of use. This printer puts printing into the hands of the artist. It also does Photos in a quality that rivals the photolab. I highly recommend this printer. “ – by D. Heck
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Brochure & User Guide
Epson Stylus Pro 4000 Features
Check out this advanced 17-inch wide desktop printer for professionals. Epson is the standard by which all other photographic ink jet printers are measured. So when we decided to build a next-generation desktop printer, it had to be a breakthrough.
The result is the all-new Epson Stylus Pro 4000 desktop printer. Designed to meet the needs of the most demanding professionals, the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 incorporates a unique 17-inch wide printer design with all of our latest ink, print head, and printer engine technologies, ensuring your creative vision will be produced without compromise.
Utilizing Epson UltraChrome Ink technology, you’ll produce archival prints with amazing color fidelity, while providing consistently stable colors that significantly outperform standard dye ink technologies. In order to maximize the use of this remarkable ink technology, we’ve developed a unique 8-channel print head capable of handling eight separate ink cartridges simultaneously. This allows the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 to handle both Photo Black and Matte Black inks at the same time in order to maximize the black density on virtually any media type.
Even more remarkable, the new high-performance 1-inch wide print head produces an astonishing resolution of 2880 x1440 dpi to deliver a level of image quality and speed that even exceeds our previous best.
Handling virtually any media type in roll or cut-sheet up to 17 inches wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 even incorporates a high-capacity paper tray capable of handling cut-sheet media up to 17 by 22 inches. Choose from four different ways to load media, including a front-loading straight-through path for media up to 1.5mm poster board, giving you the ultimate in media flexibility.
The Epson Stylus Pro 4000 represents the highest level of Epson printer technology to date. From photographic quality and high-performance print speeds to breakthrough ink technology and media handling, the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 combines innovative technology with extraordinary performance and value, allowing you to work faster while giving you the ultimate creative edge.
Features & Benefits
All New 8-Channel Print Head Technology
* Print head design capable of handling eight separate ink channels
* 1″ wide, high-performance print head
* 180 nozzles per channel x 8
Maximum Resolution of 2880 x1440 dpi
* Incredibly sharp text and line art rivaling a final printing press
* Extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
Variable Droplet Micro Piezo® DX3™ Technology
* Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter
* Greatly decreases print times while optimizing photographic quality
* Proprietary DX3 ASIC technology controls the printing process resulting in consistent image quality and color output from print to print
Award-winning Ink Technology
7-Color Pigmented Inking System with Built-in Matte Black¹
* Ideal for any photographic or graphic design project where image quality is important. Our latest Epson UltraChrome Ink uses Cyan, Light Cyan, Magenta, Light Magenta, Yellow, Light Black, along with Photo Black or Matte Black.
* Printer automatically switches between Photo Black and Matte Black ink modes to optimize black ink density on any media type
* Extremely wide color gamut for the most demanding color requirements
* No perceivable short-term color shift for stable prints immediately after printing
* Excellent water and lightfastness
Exclusive Light Black Ink for Superior Photographic Reproduction¹
* Significantly improves the printer’s gray balance while eliminating color casts
* Dramatically improves the midtones and highlights for smoother transitions
* Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync™ and ICM™ workflows
Professional Level Black & White Photographic Printing¹
* Produces a truly consistent image with little color crossover or colorcasts
* Reduced metamerism on 7-color black & white prints
* Depending upon media, produces a black D-max up to 2.1
* Produces sellable quality neutral or toned black and white prints
Unique 17″ Wide Print Engine Technology
Professional Media Handling
* Prints on virtually any media type in roll or cut sheet up to 17″ wide
* Built-in high-capacity paper tray handling up to 250 sheets of plain letter-sized paper or up to 50 sheets of photographic media at 17″x 22″
* Can print on both sides of the media without damaging the previously printed side
* User-adjustable Roll Media Spindle accepts either 2″ or 3″ media cores
* Four built-in media paths including roll feed, cut-sheet tray, front-top manual feed, and a straight-through front manual feed handling weights up to 1.5mm thick
* Built-in automatic media cutter
True BorderFree™ Printing
* Capable of printing off both left and right edges of roll based media, while automatically cutting top and bottom edges to produce a full-bleed print on all four sides
* Fully trims your finished prints more accurately and safely than by hand
High Performance Print Engine Speeds²
* The Epson Stylus Pro 4000 utilizes our latest print head technology – making it one of the fastest ink jet printers ever made by Epson.
* For graphics and prepress proofing, everyday production quality 13″ x 19″ prints can be produced in 2:23 min:sec and contract quality proofs can be produced in 7:49 min:sec
* For professional photography, photo lab quality 8″ x 10″ prints can be produced in 3:48 min:sec and 16″ x 20″ prints in 10:25 min:sec
* For CAD and GIS, draft quality 17″x 22″ prints can be produced in 2:15 min:sec and photo quality 17″x 22″ prints can be produced in 4:29 min:sec
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
* Eight 110ml or 220ml ink cartridges with automatic tracking of key data points such as ink levels, ink type and usage rates, for accurate production cost estimates
* Greatly increases productivity by replacing ink cartridges on the fly, even during the middle of a print job, with no loss in image quality or production time
* Utilizes both 110ml and 220ml ink cartridges simultaneously to further optimize ink usage
* Includes one USB (1.1/2.0), one IEEE 1394 (FireWire®) and one Epson Expansion Slot for installing the optional 10/100 BaseT Ethernet card
* Enhanced Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh® and Windows® allowing for complete ink density control even when driver color management is turned off
* Fully supported by most leading third-party RIPs and workflows – the Epson Stylus Pro series printers are used within the most demanding commercial printing environments