Epson Stylus Photo R260 is a Photo Inkjet Printer features Max. Resolution 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi, Print Speed Black & Color up to 30 ppm, 4″ x 6″ borderless photo in as fast as 13 sec, Paper Sizes 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, A4, B5, A5, A6, Half letter, Executive, User definable (3.5″ – 44″ in length). The Epson Stylus Photo R260 measures 17.7″ x 21.0″ x 11.1″ (W x D x H) and weighs 14.3 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Epson Stylus Photo R260 User Reviews
very pleased with high quality prints
“After playing with both printers for the last 4 days, I have to say the Epson is noticeably a better quality photo printer. Now, this is with both printers set to the ‘highest quality’ print using the printer settings, and using all rcommended highest grade paper.” – by A. Yamane
Stands alone for professional-grade print to CD/DVD
“The R260 is an extensive mechanical upgrade to the original mechanics of the Epson R model line (new printing path and much improved tray) with a considerably improvement of reliability. Note: I job color prints elsewhere, but I do require a means to print direct-to-CD/DVD for client work on a 1-25 unit basis. For this task, the R260 delivers consistantly impressive “pro-grade” results (comparable in appearance to ANY commercially-printed DVD movie disc), reliably color-true and resonably fast.” – by geff pix
Great for printing CD printable label
“I read several reviews of this printer before I purchased and was almost afraid to buy it. However, I’m VERY satisfied with the printer. It is large and does use six different colors of ink, but provides easy and beautiful labels for my CDs and DVDs. I used to print labels that would stick on but sometimes they would stick in my CD player in my car. This one allows the printing to go directly to the printable disk. The software allows for many creative options and is simple to use.” – by JA Penny
Great for DVD labeling
“Only Epson makes printers that can print directly onto DVDs, and the R-260 is their current lowest-end product with this capability. Indeed, this printer is so low end that ink refill packages cost about three dollars more than the printer (which comes complete with ink). Hence, this is probably the first high resolution “disposable” printer on the market. Speed – a couple of minutes per DVD. Basically, it’s about the same speed as any low-end high resolution printer printing a 5×7 photo. This is about eight times faster than a LightScribe. Quality – great! It blows away anything I could do with a felt tip pen or a LightScribe.” – by Robert Lawton
incredible prints on CD/DVD, low cost
“That being said, the printer and software installed with no problems. I printed a test CD with no problem, and the quality was stunning; significantly better than my HP 950C, which is getting old, but is still considered photo quality. I’m sure this is partially due to using 6 colors of ink, instead of the 4 used by HP (I have a graphic arts background and could explain why this is, but not here). “ – by Crash
low ink use, excellent prints, good text
“using Kodak photo paper matte 100 sheets for $10-12 at staples, excellent prints with my sub-$400 canon digital camera using the “photo” and “photo enhance setting” . using staples brand matte paper, 50 sheets, for about $12, i have to use the “best photo” and “photo enhance setting”. it’s slower and chews up more ink, probably because it’s twice the weight of the kodak paper and it’s fibers soak up more ink. using the “photo” setting reveals horizontal lines because the printhead is moving at a faster rate. so kodak brand matte works extremely well.” – by Andrew Nairi
“I bought this printer to make commercial looking CD’s of church services. After initial disappointment over ink use, I realized I was trying to do too much. After toning the labels down a bit, I am very satisfied, and others are impressed. This is a great printer for the money, prints media, photos and regular printing VERY well. Economy ink is readily available. It would get 5 stars if it were a little faster and easier to load, but great for the money.” – by W. Ward, Jr.
“PopPhoto tested its big brother the RX580 (Dec 06), found it produced the highest color accuracy ever tested in a printer. The test is on-line at the popphoto website. This perfect result from a hundred fifty dollar machine competed against color photograph printers costing thousands, and not showing as good color accuracy right out of the box as the RX580! Prints were rated excellent by Popular Photography testers. And the R260 has the same print engine.” – by Surf Accountant
I am super happy with the Epson R260 photo printer
“I print a lot, so I am used to the quick using up of the ink. All epson printers are like this. I love the dpi and the quality of my prints, so I don’t care if the ink is used fast. I love convienience of printing quality photos and cards at home. All other printers are not up to par in this dapartment, I think. This is why I love Epson.” – by D. Brinkley
Epson Stylus Photo R260 Reviews
Epson Stylus Photo R260 Brochure & User Guide
Epson Stylus Photo R260 Features
The Epson Stylus Photo R260 photo printer delivers Ultra Hi-Definition photos and documents–at truly amazing speeds. Print photos like those you’ve come to expect from the lab–only better. With this powerful printer, it couldn’t be easier.
Precision, 6-color printing and Claria Hi-Definition Ink provide the ultimate combination of photo quality and longevity. Display stunning, borderless photos that are smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant. The Epson Stylus Photo R260 even corrects the color and lighting in photos automatically for simply amazing results–it’s like having a lab technician right inside your printer. Best of all, the Epson R260 races through every project, printing text up to 30 ppm¹, plus borderless color photos in as fast as 13 seconds¹. And, you can print your favorite photos on the spot, right from your PictBridge-enabled digital camera or mobile phone.
With this versatile printer, you can even personalize CDs/DVDs using your own photos and text. Print directly onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs for professional-looking results with no messy labels.
The Epson Stylus Photo R260 gives you superior photo quality, versatility and performance right at home. Get Ultra Hi-Definition prints with remarkable richness, depth and clarity. It’s all possible with Epson, the overwhelming brand of choice among professional photographers.
Features and Benefits
* Ultra Hi-Definition prints – professional level prints at amazing speeds
* Borderless 4×6 photos printed in as fast as 13 seconds and better than lab quality in as fast as 30 seconds (default)
* Claria Hi-Definition Ink for the ultimate in photo quality and longevity (smudge, scratch, water and fade resistant for up to 200 years)
* Red eye reduction
* Direct printing onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs–no messy labels
* Direct photo printing from PictBridge compatible digital cameras and phones
* Up to 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi and 6-color ink for the finest detail
* DX5 technology produces 5 microscopically small ink droplet sizes, some as small as 1.5 Picoliters, for the smoothest gradations and grain free photos.
* Borderfree photos in popular sizes
* BorderFree® photos in popular sizes (4×6, 5×7, 8×10 and 8.5×11) on matte and glossy paper
* A variety of other paper types, sizes and surfaces are available to satisfy your printing needs
1. Black text memo, measured after the first page, is in Economy mode on plain paper. Color photo speed is in Draft and Photo modes on Epson Glossy Photo Paper, measured from start of paper feed. Additional print time will vary based on system configuration, software application and page complexity.
2. Not available when printing using Mac OS X.
3. Print permanence ratings are based on accelerated testing of prints on specialty media, displayed indoors under glass or UV filter or stored in archival sleeves in album storage. Actual print stability will vary according to media, printed image, display conditions, light intensity, humidity, and atmospheric conditions. Epson does not guarantee longevity of prints. For maximum print life, display all prints under glass or UV filter or properly store them.
What’s in the box
Epson Stylus Photo R260 printer, power cord, six ink cartridges, Ultra Hi-Definition R260 Photo Printer CD, Printer Basics Manual, tray adapter for printing on CDs
Note: USB cable not included.
See also: Printers