Epson Stylus Photo 825 is a Ink Jet Printer features Max. Print Resolution Up to 5760 x 720 optimized dpi, Print Speed Black & Color Up to 8 ppm, 4″ x 6″ Photo 54 seconds, Paper Sizes Letter, legal, A4, B5, A5, A6, half letter, executive, user definable (4″ to 44″ in length), 4″ x 6″, 4″ x 6″ perforated, 4″ roll, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, 8.3″ roll, panoramic (8.3″ x 23.4″), . The Epson Stylus Photo 825 measures 18.4″ x 10.1″ x 8.4″ (W x D x H) and weighs 12.13 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Epson Stylus Photo 825 User Reviews
The Best Photos I Have Ever Seen
“Overall, the printer is rather affordable for the output. The pictures are top shelf and text is almost laser quality. It is well worth the money and puts out better pictures than any machine I have ever encountered. This replaces the Epson C82 as my favorite photo printer on the market.” – by E. Callaway
Great Epson PHOTO Printer
“This is a photo printer, so I have nothing to say about it’s ability to print text (that’s not why I purchased it). I printed a couple of scanned pictures and hel them to the originals and was amazed. I purchased this one to replace an Epson 785EPX, which has served me well this past year. With 5760 dpi-whoa!” – by Evelyn Rosado
“We purchased this along with the Olympus Camedia D-550 3MP Digital Camera for our trip to Paris. We are thrilled with both. The camera took great photos (especially in night mode) and this printer makes them look 10 times better than they do on the computer screen. For anyone else who fell for the rebate offer, we use the camera in the higher quality 3X2 mode with a 128MB card and have been very satisfied with the quality of the photos…” – by A Customer
Beautiful prints, affordable price
“As far as papers go, I started out with hp 4×6 paper and it was abysmal!!!! Don’t ever buy it. Am now printing my 4×6′s on Kodak premium heavyweight glossy paper with exceptional results. Also love the Epson heavy matte paper, results in beautiful colors and rich, textured images. Even gives decent prints on normal letter paper, if you just want to print off some photos for fun.” – by “bre2001″
Great photo printer with a few design flaws
“Regardless, this is still a fantastic printer. Speed and quality more than make up for a few inconveniences, especially for the price. I did a good bit of shopping for a printer and this one seems to do everything well, and those with a digital camera considering the purchase of one of those tiny little photo printers that HP and Canon make should reconsider. This printer makes photos that are easily as good, plus allows you to do all the things a PC printer should do. I also like that you can make a variety of sets and sizes for your photos including immaculate 8 x 10′s.” – by Jeffrey R. Tilley Jr.
Epson Photo Printer Became Even Better with the 825
“The best printer on the market for photos but one thing to remember when you get this printer. The ink tanks that come with the printer are only 30% full, which won’t last you much. Many reviews say it sallows ink and yeah I have to agree but so does every other printer on the market. I have owned a cannon, epson, hp and a lexmark. Lexmark being the worst! I spend $30 for black, $30 for color on each, and $14 on 4 seperate ink tanks on the cannon. This Epson, the color tank is [item price] and the blank is [item price] on Amazon.com and less than $20 each at [the store]. The savings has just begun……If you want quality, get this printer. Even for plain text on plain paper it is best, just make sure you change the printer settings for regular paper and plain text. No going wrong with this printer.” – by A Customer
Another winner from Epson
“When I shut off High Speed printing for the 825, that’s when it became superior to the 750. Single direction printing and on Epson Premium glossy photo paper. It was just like a photograph. The 750 was close, but the 825 was it. This was what I expected out of the 825. If it didn’t do this, it would have gone back to the store. I’ve tried the RPM setting and it didn’t impress, though I’ve not had a chance to play with it. I don’t care what resolution I am printing at when not using the Resolution Performance Management setting as long as I get that photographic print quality. I have mine set to print at Best Photo for photo quality inkjet or better paper.” – by Classic Style Seeker
Epson for Panorama Prints
“If you want to print panorama photos, Epson is the only game in town. The only question is which Epson model, almost all print on roll paper. To date I’ve printed single panoramas 8×70″, you can print as long as 129″ with Windows XP. Colors are very accurate, embedded text is sharp. The 825 is slooow, took 90 min. to print 70″ at highest quality, high speed (two-way). Roll paper (Epson is your only choice) cost 3X sheet paper.” – by A Customer
Solid printer with great photo quality
“I first got this printer when my cheap HP broke down after having it for 8 months. I had heard of the photo quality of epson, so I decided to buy one. I was impressed to say the least. It not only printed pictures well, but on glossy paper, I couldn’t tell the difference between regular developed pictures from wal-mart and my epson printer.” – by MICHAEL CHARLTON
Epson Stylus Photo 825 Reviews
Epson Stylus Photo 825 Brochure & User Guide
Epson Stylus Photo 825 Features
The Epson Stylus Photo 825 delivers the best in photo-lab image quality with its superior six-color Photo Ink system and 5,760 x 720 optimized dpi. It prints photos without a computer from popular digital-camera memory cards. And, it quickly creates borderless 4-by-6, 5-by-7, and 8-by-10-inch photos. Right from the printer, your images are ready to frame, place in your album, or give to family and friends.
Ideal for all types of documents, including everyday text and graphics, this printer makes it easy to print brilliant newsletters, greeting cards, photo stickers, and banners. It even allows you to enhance your favorite images from its easy-to-use LCD control panel. The Stylus Photo 825 also supports Epson’s exclusive PRINT Image Matching (P.I.M.) technology, which ensures the best possible prints from your P.I.M.-enabled digital camera, automatically.
The premium software bundle helps you organize your photos and easily print what you want. Titles include Epson Software Film Factory 2.5, which turns your PC or Mac into a perfectly organized photo library and processing center; P.I.M. Plug-In for Adobe Photoshop 6.0, 7.0, and Elements; and ArcSoft PhotoImpression 3.0, which lets you edit and retouch your photos, then add special effects.
Windows and Macintosh compatible, it’s a versatile digital imaging solution and is backed by a one-year warranty.
Quality photo printing – right at home.
A perfect companion to your digital camera; a great photo printer for the whole family. The Epson Stylus Photo 825 is ideal for digital camera owners who want amazing photo printing results, along with standard text printing. With the printer’s built-in card slot, you don’t have to use your computer to print that special photo. Create borderless prints and enlargements on 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″ and letter-size pre-cut papers, stickers and banners. Right from the printer, your images are ready to frame, place in your album, or give to family and friends.
The innovative control panel allows you to view your print settings at a glance, and an optional color preview monitor is available for easy review and selection of images. You can even print borderless 4″ x 6″ prints from a roll – it’s like having your own digital mini lab at home.
Features & Benefits
PC-free printing turns your Epson Stylus Photo 825 into an easy-to-use home mini lab
* Create show-stopping photos and enlargements, quickly and easily
* Print directly from popular digital camera memory cards
* Select the image, paper type, paper size and number of copies with the simple-to-use LCD control panel
* With 15 templates, print special layouts – 2, 3, 4, even 20 photos on a single page in the size and order you want
* Turn color photos into black-and-white or sepia-toned photos with one of the special filters available from the control panel
* Supports roll paper printing for the easiest and most cost-effective way to do continuous high-volume printing of all your holiday, vacation, and party prints
True BorderFree™ photo printing for prints that are ready to frame, place in albums or give as gifts
* Print right to the edge of 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″ and letter-size premium photo papers
* No messy perforations or inconvenient trimming
* Largest maximum print area in its printer category
* Prints up to 8.3″ x 44″, great for large panorama prints and banners
Support for popular digital camera memory cards and direct save-feature
* Two PCMCIA adapters in the box to support CompactFlash™ Type I, SmartMedia™, Memory Stick®, Secure Digital, and MultiMediaCard
* Supports CompactFlash Type II and IBM Microdrive with PCMCIA adapters sold separately
* Direct Save feature transfers photos right to the computer for digital archiving quickly and easily
Photographically superior 6-color Photo Ink System and Micro Piezo® technology for prints that look and feel like traditional photos
* 6-color ink set is standard. No optional or special ink cartridges are required for either photo or text printing
* 2 extra color inks – light cyan and light magenta, in addition to cyan, magenta, yellow and black
* Essential for more accurate skin tones, smoothest color transitions and gradations, and outstanding highlight detail without visible dots
5760 x 720 optimized dpi with Resolution Performance Management™ (RPM™)
* Delivers superior detail and image clarity while maintaining manageable files sizes
* Optimizes the number and placement of eight droplet sizes on a grid up to 5760 x 720 dpi on various paper for the best detail
* Ultra small 4-picoliter ink droplets
Configured for optimum performance – ideal for all types of documents
* 4″ x 6″ photo in 54 seconds and 8″ x 10″ photo in 1 minute 51 seconds*
* Black/color text memo up to 8 pages per minute
High-density black ink on all paper types for richer, deeper blacks
* Exceeds the density of traditional photos and surpasses the density of other photo ink jets by 20%
* Uses high-density “photo-optimized” black ink for lower ink costs, precise shadow detail, and dark, rich blacks for better-looking color, night-time, and black-and-white photos
Lightfast and water-resistant photos¹
* Inks are fast drying and acid free with superior resistance to bleeding and smudging on all media types
* Prints resist fingerprints and smearing from accidental water spillage using Epson Photo Inks and photo papers
PRINT Image Matching™ (P.I.M. and P.I.M. II) ensures the best possible prints from your P.I.M.-enabled digital camera, automatically
* Delivers more accurate results without complicated color corrections
* Allows color, brightness, sharpness and feel of an original scene to be faithfully reproduced in the digital photos you print on your home printer
* To see if your digital camera is P.I.M.-enabled, visit www.printimagematching.com
* The Exif Print digital camera standard is also supported
Premium software bundle included to help you organize your photos and easily print what you want (That’s an added value of $79!)
Epson Software™ Film Factory™ 2.5 – Turns your PC or Mac into a perfectly organized photo library and processing center. You can collect, arrange, store, edit, and print thousands of photos from any source. Create greeting cards, photo sticker prints, index prints, photo album pages, and more. Import photos from digital cameras, files, scanners, etc. and upload them to your online album.
P.I.M. Plug-In for Adobe® Photoshop® 6.0, 7.0 and Elements – With the plug-in installed, import P.I.M. images into Adobe Photoshop and print them with all the color, quality, and detail that P.I.M. provides. The PRINT Image Matching Plug-In supports both Macintosh and Windows.
ArcSoft® PhotoImpression™ 3.0 – Edit and retouch your photos, then add special effects, enhance any image with a fun frame, cool brush effect or shaped template, or place them in cards, calendars, and frames. Add text to any image by simply clicking the text tool. Utilize templates to create wacky photo fantasies!
Macintosh® and Windows® Compatible – see Specifications page for complete operating system support details
See also: Printers