The Stylus Pro 3800 is compatible with a wide range of Epson media including glossy paper, matte paper, fine art paper and plain paper, up to 1.5mm in thickness. It is designed to support flexible paper handling for cut sheet printing. You can choose between the high capacity automatic sheet feeder (up to 120 sheets of plain paper) and the manual insertion feeder if you’re working with thicker media. In addition the Stylus Pro 3800 offers fast printing speeds. An A2 print is delivered in 6 minutes 45 seconds at a resolution of 1440 x 720dpi.
Photographers can benefit from border and borderfree printing in a range of photo sizes, from A6 up to A2, helping to extend the services offered to customers. Consistency of output from the Micro Piezo print head and accuracy of colour profiles means that artists, or those producing limited edition prints can rest assured each print will be the same as the first, even if the artwork is printed months apart.
The Epson Stylus Pro 3800 also meets the needs of the proofing market offering colour stability, your customers can sign-off proofs quickly and have peace of mind that what they see, is what they will get in the final print run. Consistency of output between printers also ensures the Stylus Pro 3800 is ideal for remote proofing, whether a proof is printed on the same machine or on a different Stylus Pro 3800, every print is easily calibrated to produce the same, accurate colour output.
For 3D-CAD and GIS applications the printer’s high-speed, sharp lines and crisp characters make it the optimum choice for designers, architects and engineers. For POS displays, posters, exhibition graphics and signage the Stylus Pro 3800 ensures a quick turnaround, vibrant and accurate output and ease of use.
Software available for the Stylus Pro 3800 includes the Epson LFP Remote Panel Utility Software and Epson ColourBase 2.0. In addition the Stylus Pro 3800 is compatible with Epson AlbumMaker 2, Epson PageProofer EX, Epson CopyFactory, Epson Stylus RIP Professional.
Marco van Niekerk, Professional Graphics Product Manager at Epson Europe says, “The Stylus Pro 3800 has been designed to serve those who wish to print bigger than A3, but will not produce the volume of output that makes the Stylus Pro 4800 a favourite amongst high production professional photographers. It is a perfect match for the cost sensitive professional seeking a large format desktop printer. The excellent quality of output combined with versatility makes it ideal in a number of environments, from photography studios and galleries to print bureaus. UltraChrome K3 ink provides brilliant photographic output and superior detail. While the flexible media support and ability to print a variety of sizes from A6 to A2 makes the Stylus Pro 3800 incredibly unique. Being able to deliver all of these features and still achieve the smallest footprint for an A2 printer demonstrates Epson’s continued commitment to innovation.”
Epson Stylus PRO 3800 key features summary:
– Achieve exceptional digital photographic results, in black and white and colour, with Epson UltraChrome K3 ink
– Enjoy a wide colour spectrum and vivid, true colours resulting in accurate reproduction of saturated colours and industry proofing standards with Epson’s eight-colour pigment inks
– The smallest footprint on the market makes it ideal for small studios
– Large 80ml ink cartridges provide low cost per print
– Select between matte black and photo black ink cartridges easily on your PC
– Print on a wide range of materials including premium quality photo paper and art media
– Improved colour stability shortly after printing
– Achieve true borderless printing
– Print in a variety of sizes, from A6 to A2
– Enjoy high detail and smooth gradation with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi
– High-speed connectivity with USB 2.0 and 10/100 Mb Ethernet I/F
Source: Epson Press Release
Pages: 1 2