Photoshop CS tutorial: Creating ray of lights (intermediate)
We’re going to make a picture like this:
with some simple steps in photoshop..
We’re starting off by ‘drawing’ the ray of lights..
1. Create a new layer (shift+ctr+N) and give it a proper name
2. Choose the lasso tool or the pen tool
3. Draw the ray of light just like the image below..
4. While you still have the selection, we’re going to use feather (select>feather) or (Alt+ctr+D) to softened the edge. Enter your feather radius, in this case I’ll be using 8 pixels.
5. Choose white for your foreground color (D>X)
6. Choose paint bucket tool
7. Fill the selection are with white (alt+del), and here’s your first light.
8. Unselect your selection (Ctrl+D)
9. Change the layer mode to ‘screen’ and change its opacity to 25%
Pages: 1 2
See also: Photoshop Tutorials