How do we make an aging (old photo) effect to our photographs with Photoshop ?
1. Get your photo files ready,
and also the most important is the textures file which you can get by scanning a rumpled brown paper as below:
2. Duplicate your background, and change the new layer level (image>adjustment>level). In my case, i use 52, 1.44, 255
3. Give it sephia effect using the color balance tool (ctrl+b). I enter 64,-4,-73 for my sephia effect.
4. Adjust the level again (image>adjustment>level). Now I enter 34,0.89,255
5. Get your paper layer file on top your photo, and change the layer mode to ‘overlay’
6. Use the dodge and burn tool to make your photo really looks old.
8. Add some noise (filter>noise>add noise) to your photograph
7. Here’s the final result:
Submitted by Donny (email@example.com)