Last Updated (31 October’12):
– Review & Sample Photos @ Macworld
Canon SELPHY CP800 is a Compact Photo Printer features built-in 2.5″ Tilt-up LCD, 8 Multi Language UI, Battery (Optional), My Colors, PictBridge, Red-Eye Correction, Power Save, Anti-theft Wire Lock Slot (Kensington lock-style) Borderless/Bordered, Brightness (Manual), Date Print, DPOF6, File No. Print, Face Fine Print, ID Photo Print (6 copies of 1 image), Index Print, Layout Print (Fixed Size, 1-up/2-up/4-up/8-up), Movie Print, Potrait Image Optimize (i-Contrast, Noise Reduction), Shuffle (8 /20 images per sheet), Smooth Skin, and Wireless Printing (via Bluetooth device). The Canon SELPHY CP800 measures 4.7″ (W) x 2.3″ (H) x 6.7″ (D) and weighs 2.0 lb.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon SELPHY CP800 Reviews
Macworld reviews the Canon SELPHY CP800 and writes;
“Print quality was generally good: Flesh tones seemed smooth and natural, sports shots appeared bright and detailed, and grayscale images looked subtle. The printer struggled a bit, however, with the complex foliage patterns in a landscape shot; everything looked flat.”
PCAdvisor reviews the Canon SELPHY CP800 and writes;
“We were impressed with the quality of the prints. Skin tones came out realistic and smooth, while colours looked sharp and vivid, and detailing was clear.”
Techradar reviews the Canon SELPHY CP800 and writes;
“Detail and sharpness are good, while colour reproduction is largely accurate, with faithful hues and just the right amount of saturation.”
PCMAG reviews the Canon SELPHY CP800 and writes;
“the CP800 is insanely portable, easy to use, and produces very decent prints. If you’re looking for a printer you can pop into a bag, bring with you to events, and print out photos on the spot, it should be on your short list.”
PhotographyBlog reviews the Canon SELPHY CP800 and writes;
“To produce the best results, the SELPHY CP800 features Auto Image Optimize which analyses faces, contrast, and brightness levels in the image before making appropriate corrections so prints are bright, clear and of optimum quality. In addition, a selectable Smooth Skin effect evens out skin blemishes for more flattering portraits, and manual brightness adjustment can be applied to fine-tune the prints produced.”
Canon SELPHY CP800 Reviews
Review Video By MattMan20006
Review Video By ThemillionIT
Canon SELPHY CP800 User Reviews
Really great….saves me time and money
“We don’t print out a lot of pictures but I did want a quick/convenient way to print some to throw in b-day cards or to the grandparents….this is PERFECT!! My favorite part is I haven’t even hooked it up to my computer, I just throw in my cannon SD card and print straight from that.” – By JK
“I love this printer. It has a lot of great features and the pictures look great when they come out. I love the option to use a flash drive, as that comes in handy opposed to hooking the whole printer up to my computer. The shuffle option is really cool too, as well as the disc that gives options to add borders etc to the pic.” – By Theresa
Great little printer
“I wanted a printer my daughter could use with her camera so she could do her own scrapbooking. This printer was easy to setup and easy to use. She loves it.” – By stacy
Great quality photos
“The total cost per print is a little higher than you could get in store, but when you factor in the time & gas needed I find the comfort of home printing (and higher print quality) very much worth the slight premium!” – By Pascal
So convenient, excellent quality
“The photos print fast–as simple as popping the memory card in, selecting your photos and hitting the print button (rather than transferring to computer, uploading to photo center website, driving to pick up, etc.). I have always loved Canon’s printers and this one did not let me down.” – By Amy A
A must have
“I liked this product, very easy, small in size, light weight, crisp prints ,reasonable price and medium-low consumable cost. All components came in white (cable, printer and adapter) and looks Appleish style.” – By Meshal Alkusaier
Fabulous prints every time and you can post process
“I post process my RAW pictures in Lightroom 3 and then save as a JPEG photo and as long as the EXIF information remains with the image the instructions say you can print the photo… So far (5 pictures) I can’t find anything about it not to like, the prints are very high quality.” – By Floyd Goodrich
“Bought one for the wife. Had to buy another for her aunt, then another for the daughter. Prints crisp clear pictures and the paper and ink refills are really not that expensive. Excellent product” – By Rockford A. Holliday
Very compact and High quality
“Canon provides excellent instructions. The printer is compact & small. The paper & ink resources load easily. The quality of the 4×6 prints is very high!” – By Jeff
Great quality photos
“My main concern was the quality of the prints, but so far (>100 photos) it has exceeded my expectations! I even find the quality better than with most stores. Very sharp images with great color rendition once you find the best camera(s) acombination of settings between you nd the printer.” – By Pascal
Small photo printer that produces very nice photos, | Rating:
“When using the printer without being hooked up to your PC, you have the options of adding the date, auto correcting the color, correcting red eye, making the people in the picture have smooth skin (I love this one!), border or borderless, printing in various color settings such as vivid, neutral, sepia, or black & white. In other words, you can do just about anything without using your PC – I just prefer using my photo printer hooked to the computer as the 2.5″ LCD screen is a strain on my eyes.” – by Yarii
Canon SELPHY CP800 Brochure & User Guide
Canon SELPHY CP800 Features
Canon SELPHY CP800 (White) Compact Photo Printer
High-Quality, Easy-to-Use Compact Photo Printer
* Light, compact body and an optional battery makes it easy to take this printer with you
* Preview your images on the built-in 2.5″ tilt-up LCD
* Enhance your photos with the improved “Portrait Image Optimize”
* Print water resistant photos that last up to 100 years1 in just 47 seconds2
* Print directly from your memory cards3, compatible digital camera, USB flash drive or wirelessly from a Bluetooth4 enabled device
The SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer brings photo lab quality to your memories as you can bring your printer from room-to-room with ease.
Print beautiful, borderless photos in vibrant color or Black and White in Credit Card or Postcard size. These prints will be water-resistant and can last up to 100 years!1 You’ll enjoy photo lab quality and have fun all at the same time. Preview your images on the 2.5″ Tilt-up LCD and easily turn your favorite pictures into an art-inspired collage with the image Shuffle feature.
Portrait Image Optimize automatically delivers face detection, backlight correction and noise reduction to your images while Red-eye Correction automatically reduces red-eye in flash photos for superb prints. Another great part about the SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer is you don’t need a computer to have fun – just print directly from compatible memory cards3, cameras4,5 and Bluetooth devices4, or print just about anywhere and anytime with its NB-CP2L optional battery.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
Dye-sublimation technology uses heat to transfer ink to the paper, reproducing approximately 16.8 million colors for amazing pictures in both color and black and white. Then, a clear protective coating is added which helps prevent against damage from light, water and gases so your precious photos can last for generations.
Fast, Long-lasting Prints:
Print a Postcard size photo in just 47 seconds2 and share for generations! Photos printed from your SELPHY will be water-resistant and last up to 100 years1.
EASE OF USE
2.5″ Tilt-up LCD:
Easily view, select and edit your images for simple, computer-free printing with this adjustable full-color display. No downloading needed, just pick your picture and print!
Have fun with your prints as 5 colors effects are offered for added versatility: Black & White, Sepia, Vivid, Neutral and Positive Film.
Images are automatically corrected for red-eye in flash photos and enhanced for superb prints.
Beautiful & Borderless:
Print gorgeous edge-to-edge, borderless photos in Credit Card and Postcard Sizes.
Portrait Image Optimize:
For automatic facial detection and correction, Portrait Image Optimize optimally corrects images where subjects or faces appear dark due to strong backlighting.
Memory Cards3 / USB Flash Drive / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth4:
Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card3 into the built-in card slot, or a USB Flash Drive into the USB port, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your compatible digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from wireless Bluetooth devices4 with the optional BU-30 Bluetooth Adapter.
Plug the cable into your computer for a fast connection for your data transfers.
The NB-CP2L is your path to truly portable printing power. Just add this battery to your SELPHY CP800 Compact Photo Printer and you can print your memories right where you stand!
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Supports Exif 2.2 (Exchangeable Image Format File), the worldwide standard for higher quality digital photos.
* Windows®7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP
* Mac OS® X v10.4 to v10.6.x
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
* SELPHY CP800 (White) Compact Photo Printer
* Paper Cassette (Postcard Size)
* Trial Standard Paper Pack (Postcard Size)
* Trial Ink Cassette (Postcard Size)
* Compact Power Adapter
* CP Printer Solution Disk
* AC Cable
* Document Kit: Support Center List, User Registration Information, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, User Guide
1. Based on accelerated dark storage testing by Canon under controlled lighting, temperature and humidity conditions. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of the prints; results may vary depending on printed images, display/storage conditions and environmental factors.
2. Print speed obtained using compatible Canon compact digital camera incorporating DIGIC II (other camera models may vary).
3. Compatible memory cards include SDTM Memory Card, SDHCTMMemory Card, SDXCTM Memory Card, MultiMediaCard®, MMCplus Card, HC MMCplus Card, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick® PROTM, Memory Stick® DuoTM and Memory Stick® PRO DuoTM. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: microSDTM Card, miniSD Card, microSDHCTM Card, miniSDHCTM Card, microSDXCTMCard, RS-MMCTM, MMCmicro Card, MMCmobile Card, xD-Picture Card® and Memory Stick MicroTM.
4. Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
5. Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
6. Supports DPOF “Both” mode of both standard and index printing.
7. System requirements vary by application.
8. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.