Canon PIXMA MX870 is a Office All-in-One Printer features Print Resolution Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi, Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi, Print Speed 4″ x 6″ borderless photo: approx. 39 seconds, Black: ESAT;9.4ipm, Color: ESAT;6.1ipm, Scan Resolution 2400 x 4800dpi, Modem Speed Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color fax), Copy Speed Up to 4.3ipm, Paper Sizes 4″ x 6″, 5″x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes, and has 2.5″ LCD Display. The Canon PIXMA MX870 measures 19.4″ x 17.1″ x 8.9″ (W x D x H) and weighs 26.1 lbs.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon PIXMA MX870 Reviews
Pocket-lint reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“If you’re in the market for a multi-function device that has literally everything built-in and produces excellent quality prints then the MX870 is almost certainly the device for you. Our only disappointment was a slight lack of detail on colour photocopies, but in every other respect the Canon is excellent. The range of features and the quality construction combined with the print quality make this a truly excellent all-in-one.”
PCpro reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“In our tests we saw mono document print speeds hit 8.8ppm, with colour at 6.8ppm, up from the MX860’s 8ppm and 6.8ppm. It’s a small improvement on an already reasonably fast device, but not enough to justify an upgrade. The quality is beautiful, with perfect, thick text and photo prints that would rival those of the photo-specialist iP4700.”
Techradar reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“The MX870 performed very well in our default-quality, plain-paper photo test, giving a very serviceable print with very little banding. The colours were a little bleached, but overall it’s as good as you could expect given the paper quality and print speed. “
PCmag reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“Photo speed is better relative to the competition, averaging 1:50 for 4-by-6s and 3:31 for 8-by-10s. As a point of comparison, the WorkForce 610 averaged 2:03 for 4-by-6s on our tests, and 4:39 for 8-by-10s.”
Trustedreviews reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“The print quality is pretty good. Photo prints are bright and accurate, with smooth variations between colours in landscapes and plenty of detail in both light and dark areas. Colours on plain paper are also clear and definite, with little sign of dither patterns in solid fills. Black print isn’t quite as good as from previous Canon machines, with some feathering visible, giving a fuzziness to emboldened characters.”
CNET reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“The MX870 is equally competent with graphics quality as it is with output speeds. The text in our sample prints came out a rich black with fully formed characters and thick lines, and the color spread retains its quality as well. Our four inch by six inch photos are evenly saturated and smooth throughout color transitions, but we do have a few complains about graphics printed on plain paper.”
PCWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA MX870 and writes;
“The Pixma MX870 is one of the best-balanced inkjet MFPs we’ve tested recently. It delivers good performance and good features for the price. While the machine is best suited for a small or home office, its media slots and good color output make it useful for a busy family as well.”
Canon PIXMA MX870 Reviews
Review Video By molansardar
Review Video By SoldierKnowsBest
Canon PIXMA MX870 User Reviews
Excellent multi-function with fax, works great on wi-fi
“The MX model name stands for Multi-function with faX. This is also known as a 4-in-1 printer, as it prints, scans, copies, and faxes. The fax part works both incoming and outgoing. Photo print quality is simply excellent, as with all Canon inkjet printers. I had an HP that cost almost as much and it not only lacked many of the MX870’s functions but printed photos rather poorly. That’s what made me come back to Canon. Text print quality is very good. I use my cheap (under 70 bucks) Brother laser monochrome for text printing.” – by Gadgester
Great Multifunction Printer
“After having many HP and Epson printers over the past 20 years or so, this is my first experience with a Canon and I am very glad to report that this is one great all-in-one machine. My old HP all-in-one was good, but this one seems to be so much better. And, the fact that it’s wireless makes it just about perfect for my personal and home office uses. I took my time setting up this machine, following each instruction carefully and had absolutely zero problems. The individual ink tanks were a “snap” to install and the whole printer looks as if it should cost much more than the price I paid.” – by James E. Johnson
Shockingly good device
“Setup was easy and the wireless connection worked from the first try. I’ve used the machine now to fax, scan, copy and print and I’m very satisfied. During installation I discovered that the print head is indeed separate – you have to install it as part of the ink cartridge installation, and it’s offered as a spare part that the user can easily replace. Printing is about twice the speed as the HP machine I tried in the store that’s in the same price bracket. “ – by D. Best
Wow, awesome AIO printer
“A very nice All-In-One unit. In my first week with this printer: I faxed a few documents, scanned a few pictures, scanned a 30 page document into a pdf file, copied a 1-sided -> 2-sided document, copied a 2-sided -> 2-sided document, and printed 4×6 and 8×10 photos. “ – by Terry I
Great AIO especially for Macs
“..Well, my MX870 was pretty quick starting up and gives a quality print. The wireless is awesome. Much easier to install than my last HP. I haven’t tried printing any photos just yet. I am happy to see that there are 5 separate print cartridges. This printer is a great value for the money. I will say that if printing high quality photos and CD/DVDs is important to you, you should go for the Epson Artisan 810 instead. However, if you want a quality AIO without breaking the bank, choose the Canon Pixma MX870.” – by L. Kenner
This Printer is Easily Worth 3x This Price, You Can’t Beat It
“I’ve had it for only a few days now, but i’ve already put it through you know what trying to test out numerous features and settings as well as using different products (trying different photo papers, etc.). So far, I can not find even one complaint. It prints brilliant photos ( I have noticed, photo paper brand makes a very noticeable difference as well), performs excellent scans and copying / faxing functions as well as it could. “ – by Catherine Delfino
Very Nice Machine
“I have had the Cannon MX870 for a little over a month. I find it to be a very nice machine, easy to set up and easy to use. The price vs quality puts it up there with some much more expensive printers. It’s a bit much for a personal system, but for a small office the MX870 is hard to beat. I have been very satisfied with all of the functions, the speed is great, the print quality is top notch, both color and black & white. The machine is quiet & smooth, doesn’t shake, rattle, and roll like my old lexmark did. The duplex print option works just as smooth as everything else but it does slow the printing down quite a bit.” – by ddkirk
“We’ve had this printer/scanner for about a week and I am pleased to report it is working flawlessly. We have a house full of Mac’s and I’m very happy with how easy it was to set up. My only beef is that there are at least 3 pieces of software you need to download from the Canon website if you want full capabilities of the scanner. However, once the software is installed, I was able to use Image Capture to scan over the network … very very handy. The printer also does a great job with every-day color printer on plain paper and does an excellent job using photo paper.” – by Scott A. Hawk
“This Canon printer is fast, surprisingly easy to set up (I have 2 PCs and 2 laptops printing to it wirelessly), it has great print quality for both B&W text and color images – I love it. Not only is the printer excellent, the software is also excellent – it’s simple and intuitive to use and does exactly what it’s supposed to do…” – by siafu
Your New Office Assistant! & MX870 vs Epson Artisan 810 Review
“Both the Canon and Epson have beautiful quick drying inks. The Canon has a special black ink that is a pigment instead of a dye, which you might like since pigments don’t run when wet, so theirs is good for flyers and such. And, by the way, if you’ve discovered that you really benefit from pigment ink, look into the Epson Workforce 610. It is fast, and all its different colored inks are pigments. Graphics and text are outstanding, but photos a little lacking…” – by Roger Peter Marec
Canon PIXMA MX870 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA MX870 Features
Bring the ultimate wireless printing solution to you home or small office. The PIXMA MX870 Wireless1 Home Office All-In-One lets you print from any room in your home and boasts incredible 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi2 with tiny 1pl ink droplets and a 5 individual ink tank system. A built-in, fully integrated 35-sheet Auto Document Feeder means fast copying or scanning of your originals so you can tend to other tasks while the printer is at work. Its built-in Auto Duplex Printing prints 2-sided documents without having to manually flip the pages and can reduce your paper consumption by 50%. Combine both of those and you can automatically copy two sided documents without having to flip any paper manually at all. Additionally, various security features like password protected PDF’s let you feel safe about creating and distributing your most confidential files.
Super G3 High-speed Fax and networkable Ethernet ensure efficient communication and thanks to Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, your copies will maintain the integrity of the original while you produce remarkable scans at 4800 dpi. This versatile Wireless Office All-In-One also prints photo lab quality pictures. So, utilize 2 Paper Paths to easily select printing documents on plain and pictures photo paper without having to load one paper at a time. Speaking of photos, take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology and print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch devices with the new Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone App, available for free on the app store11. Enjoy additional computer-less printing capabilities via compatible memory cards3, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth4 while images are easy viewed on a 2.5” LCD.
Whether you’re running your business on a PC or Mac, the PIXMA MX870 meets all of your printing needs in one machine and can fit virtually anywhere!
Speed & Quality
Extraordinary Resolution: Realize the power of 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi firing with 1pl. Benefit? Incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos. High Performance Individual Ink System: This 5-color ink system consists of four dye-based inks plus a pigment-based black ink, producing exceptional photos and crisp, laser-quality text. Only replace the color ink tank that runs out. So, you save money on ink.
Ease of Use
* Fully-Integrated Duplex Auto Document Feeder: The built-in 35-sheet Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) makes it easy to copy, scan or fax multiple documents without having to load them one at a time. Its full integration into the lid makes it easier to fit into tight spots and once it’s loaded it lets you do well, whatever you want.
* Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Keep it green and automatically print and copy on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, money and paper – plus you’re helping the environment!
* Easy Scroll Wheel: Easily and quickly access and select the various features available for faster operation.
* 2.5” LCD Screen: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading needed, just pick your pic and print!
* Dual Color Gamut Technology: Copy with confidence as this built-in technology automatically optimizes your originals so copies stay true to it time after time, copy after copy.
* Auto Scan Mode:5 Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
* Quick Start: Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
* Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types − Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery − then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
* 2 Way Paper Feeding: To add to your options this feature lets you load paper from the front cassette or rear tray so whether your office or photo lab is open, you’re ready to print!
* Built-In Wireless: Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
* Built-in Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer’s status at any moment.
* Super G3 Fax: The business fax standard for color and PC facsimiles on plain paper meets the home office workhorse with 100 coded speed dials and up to 250 incoming pages6 to meet your every communication need.
* iPhone Printing: Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPod touch models.
* Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don’t feel like using a computer? No problem. Just insert a compatible memory card into the built in card slot, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit.
* USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.