Canon PIXMA MP600 is a All-in-One Photo Printer features Print Speed (up to) Black: Up to 30 ppm, Color: Up to 24 ppm, 4″ x 6″ borderless photo: approx. 28 secs; Print Resolution (Up to) Black:600 x 600 dpi, Color:9600 x 2400 dpi; Copy Speed (up to) Black: 30 cpm, Color: 24 cpm; Max. Scanner Resolutions Optical:2400 x 4800 dpi, Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200; USB 2.0 Hi-Speed7 (cable not included), IrDA®3 v.1.2 (JPEG only), Bluetooth2 v.1.2. The Canon PIXMA MP600 measures 17.8″x 15.4″ x 7.7″ (W x D x H) and weighs 22.3 pounds.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon PIXMA MP600 Reviews
PCPRO reviews the Canon PIXMA MP600 and writes;
“The scanner’s optical resolution is 2,400 x 4,800dpi and it proved fast in our tests, producing an image preview in just 13 seconds; that’s faster than the Epson Perfection V350 Photo.”
PCMag reviews the Canon PIXMA MP600 and writes;
“The MP600′s overall output quality is among the best available for ink jet-based AIOs. Photo output is particularly noteworthy; every photo I printed from our test suite displayed true photo quality. The only issue I found that was worth mentioning was a slight tint in a monochrome test photo.”
Trustedreviews reviews the Canon PIXMA MP600 and writes;
“AColour graphics are also generally good, though occasional white speckles in areas of solid colour show that some paper fibres are not getting fully covered. Colours in a copy, using the machine’s scanner, come out noticeably lighter than in the original.”
CNET reviews the Canon PIXMA MP600 and writes;
“The print quality of the MP600 was impressive. Text quality was excellent, especially for an inkjet printer. We saw only very minor jaggedness on the edges of some characters. The color graphics print showed similar high quality: excellent saturation in color blocks, sharp detail, and impressive color reproduction, both in graphics and photo elements. We also liked the 4×6 photo prints, but we would’ve liked to see richer, warmer colors. Still, the photos are good enough for snapshooters and amateur photo hobbyists.”
PCWorld reviews the Canon PIXMA MP600 and writes;
” Our photo samples on plain paper also looked good compared to the output of most inkjet printers, with smooth tones and decent contrast, but many of the colors were too bright. On photo paper, the MP600 excelled, producing beautifully sharp prints with smooth gradations–though skin tones looked a little artificially bronzed. .”
Canon PIXMA MP600 User Reviews
“One of the best printers in the market. I was looking for an all in one for quite sometime and this one struck-me with its printing quality. The Photo prints are really sharp and crisp but at times the photo-prints tend to be a bit on the darker side. This can be avoided by touching the photographs a bit before printing, a pain!!! nevertheless. It comes with a HD panel to preview the tasks it will perform. Copying, document printing, scanning and photo-printing etc are all cool features. “ – by GEEK
professionla quality photos every time
“I am very happy with the cannon printer finally I can get pro. results every time the quality is equal to or better than Snap Fish which I had been using. I find no problems with it at all. I would recomend it to anyone wanting to copy his own photos from a digital camera it is perfect on scanning and printing text as well “ – by Charles W. Greenlee
Great all in one
“This is an awesome printer. I got it to replace my Epson CX8400 which completely sucked. My Epson CX8400 ate through ink cartridges even if you didn’t use them. My Canon MP600 though has so far been very quick, very good quality when printing, and has reasonably priced ink that lasts quite a while. “ – by Josef Torkelsen
Great printer for a Macintosh
“I use the MP600 with an iMac and Tiger OSX 10.4.11. The software really works well, much better than the HP I replaced. Scanning to docs and email works great. It prints from both the tray and the open sheet feeder (great for printing Quicken checks and envelopes). A simple button changes the feed from tray to sheet feeder. Fast and excellent quality print. Haven’t used it for photos since we do those online. Ink seems to last pretty well–haven’t replace them yet and it’s been 6 months or so.” – by RichWords
This printer rocks
“I’ve had a Canon PIXMA MP600 for about two years and have waited to make sure it lasts a while before writing a review. I use it frequently for printing, copying, and scanning. Everything looks very clear and bright for at home quality. Have had no problems. Highly recommend. “ – by Stellarella
Excellent Multi-functional Printer
“I purchased this printer from Amazon. I had an Epson multi-functional printer before, the Pixma 600 is superior in many ways. The photo printing quality is comparable with the 6 ink cartridged Epson. The Epson ink cartridges are expensive and low on volume, it’s also a nightmare to refill. The Canon cartridges are very easy to refill and this can lead to big saving if you print a lot of photos and documents. I highly recommend this printer! “ – by F. Wang
Love my canon
“Print quality is great, ink cost is low, the ink lasts for quite a while. In fact, I’ve had this printer for about a year and replacing the ink for the first time, and I’m a heavy printer. I love that there is a screen where you can select which feature you’re using. You can scan items automatically as a pdf, the scanner quality is great, and it gives you multiple options to choose to modify scanned items. There’s just so many options available on this great machine, that instead of faxing items, I just use this to scan and email. Great buy, I have no complaints after 1 year of usage and would recommend to everyone. “ – by J. Spears
Excellent multi-purpose printer
“In addition to Canon’s excellent customer service, the features of this all-in-one printer are top notch. I’ve scanned documents and photographs, and the printer has captured every detail. From envelopes to photographs, the print quality is suberb, and it’s very easy to use. I would definitely recommend this product to others. “ – by Thomas Barntsen
Canon PIXMA MP600 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA MP600 Features
Outstanding All-In-One Photo Printer with 2.5″ TFT Display and Easy-Scroll Wheel.
Now, this is multi-tasking. With the Canon PIXMA MP600 Photo All-In-One Printer, you can quickly print beautiful, long-lasting photos and laser-quality text. Copy important documents using the included Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology (DCGPT) for results that are faithful to your originals. And scan photos, forms, and important documents with outstanding results. Its new Easy-Scroll Wheel makes operation so much easier, and the new 2.5″ TFT display lets you preview images in high definition before printing. You can even print directly from compatible memory cards,1 digital cameras, Bluetooth devices,2 and camera phones.3
* Exceptional resolution: 3,584 precision nozzles create exceptional resolution—up to 9600 x 2400 color dpi4. More nozzles = high quality.
* Exceptional detail: Microscopic 1-picoliter sized ink droplets produce exceptionally detailed photos.
* Sharper previews: The 2.5″ high-definition TFT display delivers sharp previews of your images, viewable from up to a 170-degree angle.
* Click-Connect-Print: Just capture an image with a PictBridge-ready digital camera/dv camcorder, then connect and print
* Print from compatible memory cards: The memory card slot lets you print photos direct. No computer needed1
* Snap and print, wirelessly: Print wirelessly right from your infrared-enabled mobile camera phone3
* Print wirelessly: Print from a compatible Bluetooth device in another room, using our optional USB Bluetooth adapter2.
* Superb scanning: Produce beautiful scans up to 2400 x 4800 dpi with vibrant 48-bit color depth.
* Print 2 sided: Print or copy 2 sided—and save paper.
* Smart Copying: Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology automatically optimizes copy quality based on the type of originals you are copying.
* Photo lab quality: 4″ x 6″ borderless prints in approximately 28 seconds5
1. Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card, and MultimediaCardv.3.31., xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro Duo, RS-MMC v.3.31, and miniSD Card requires an additional adapter which must be puchased separately.
2. Bluetooth v1.2 with optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-20. Bluetooth operation depends on the devices and software version used. Operating distance is approximately 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and / or antenna perfromance.
3. JPEG files 3MB or smaller only. Requires mobile phone with IrDA port and support for IrMC cersion 1.1 protocol, with phone positioned no more than 7.9 inches from printer.
4. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
5. PPM print speeds are based on the highest speed printer driver mode using black and white and color text patterns. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. CPM copy speeds are based on fast mode setting using plain paper. Copy speeds will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
What’s in the box
PIXMA MP600 Photo All-In-One, Power Cord, Print Head, Ink Tanks: PGI-5 Black and CLI-8 (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow), Easy Setup Instructions, Document Kit, Setup Software and User’s Guide CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide, Registration Card
See also: Printers