Canon PIXMA MP495 is an all in one printer and scanner features wireless technology, the ability to print a 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi and scan up to 1200 x 2400 dpi, Auto Photo Fix II, Full HD Movie Print to print still photographs from your captured HD movies, and a 7 Segment LED screen. The Canon PIXMA MP495 measures 17.8″ W x 13.2″D x 6.0″ H and weighs 12.2 lbs.
Overall Rating: | Latest Price Info
Canon PIXMA MP495 Reviews
Computershopper reviews the Canon PIXMA MP495 and writes;
“Our test photos printed onto premium glossy photo paper exhibited rich colors, accurate tones, and a broad contrast range. Graphics printed onto plain paper looked very good. Overall, the print quality was exceptional for a sub-$100 printer.”
Canon PIXMA MP495 User Reviews
Canon Pixma MP497, | Rating:
“Once the printer drivers are installed on your Mac and it’s connected to the same WiFi network as the printer, just go to System Preferences / Print & Fax / + (add printer) and wait a few seconds. You will see a “Canon MP560 Series Bonjour Scanner” and a “Canon MP560 Series_NNNNNN0000000 canonijnetworkr” printer listed, you can add them and you are ready to print and scan! When adding, you can edit the name to make it look a little bit nicer. If you prefer, you can connect the printer via an USB cable and the printer will be automatically installed.” – by Jek Suen Lee
Competent all-in-one worth a look, | Rating:
“The MP495 is a very competent document printer with all the features you’d find in any inkjet printer. Paper loads from the back, so it’s a bit more intuitive which side of the paper will be printed on, but it also means you need more space heightwise. As a photo printer, the MP495 is both fast and high quality. I found that the supplied ‘Photo Paper Plus Glossy II’ sample paper outperformed some HP photo paper I had. And the MP495 outperformed another HP photosmart 385 printer I have in both speed and quality.” – by Eric S. Olstad
A reasonable inkjet for the money, | Rating:
“This printer prints quickly, without too much noise and fuss, and the color print quality is high. The scan and copy qualities are excellent: much better than my old inkjet scanner. There is a useful “copy” button which does the copy in B/W, and another one for color copies. This is a very useful feature.” – by Scott C. Locklin
Canon PIXMA MP495 Brochure & User Guide
Canon PIXMA MP495 Features
Built-in Wireless1 printing and scanning, a compact and stylish design with innovative features – meet the PIXMA MP495 Wireless Photo All-In-One. The MP495 brings high quality performance, ease of use and convenience together in one printer. You will also be able to continue your Wi-Fi photo printing with ease from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices2.
For the first time in home photo printing you can print still photographs from your captured HD movies with extraordinary technology called Full HD Movie Print. The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful prints!3 The MP495 delivers a 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 with Canon’s patented Hybrid Ink System. So, you’ll have a pigment black ink for crisp text and dye ink for beautiful photos up to 8.5″ x 11″ all with outstanding quality. Auto Photo Fix II technology automatically analyzes and applies image correction, red-eye removal and multi-zone exposure correction for beautiful images.
For your scanning needs, Auto Document Fix automatically delivers advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction for text that’s easy to read, and pictures that maintain color tone and contrast. While Auto Scan Mode5 automatically recognizes the type of original you’re scanning, then scans and saves with the appropriate settings. Do you want to easily print from the web? Canon’s Easy-WebPrint EX6 software lets you clip, collect, and combine multiple web pages into your own layout and even add text.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
SPEED & QUALITY
This level of quality is achieved by 4800 x 1200 maximum color dpi4 thanks to Canon Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 2pl. This delivers superb quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.
This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.7
High Performance Ink Cartridges:
These two genuine Canon ink cartridges contain specially formulated inks for great document and photo quality. One is a Black cartridge for crisp text and one is a multi-color cartridge for beautiful photos. Both are easy to use and replace.
Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos Fast:
Print a borderless, 4″ x 6″ in approximately 41 seconds.
EASE OF USE
Full HD Movie Print:
The all new Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with your Canon EOS Digital SLR or Powershot cameras into beautiful prints.
Auto Photo Fix II:
This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types – Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery – then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
Auto Scan Mode:
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves the suitable settings.
Powering up your printer is now faster than ever. After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
7 Segment LED:
Easily set number of copies and view printer job status.
Auto Document Fix:
The all-new Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that’s easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
Print what you want off the web, easily. Easy-WebPrintEX allows you to create your own layout, take different sections of different websites and put them all on one page. Move, resize and trim your clips, insert notes and edit text, make it a portrait or landscape, print up to 3 columns on a page and even save the layout as a PDF file.
Print or scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
Smart Phone Printing:
Take full advantage of Canon’s fantastic Wi-Fi printing technology to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & BENEFITS
Fast Document Printing:
Print black and white, and color documents in the official print speed measure (images per minute) for one, four page Excel document, one, four page Word document and one, four page PDF document.
Stay True To The Original:
This built-in technology automatically optimizes your copy quality based on the type of original you’re copying.
Optical Scanning Resolution:
Produces high quality, 1200 x 2400 dpi scans for incredible image detail.
Print Without Borders:
Print gorgeous, edge-to-edge, borderless photos on a wide variety of paper sizes and types.
* Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP/2000
* Mac OS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
* PIXMA MP495 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
* Document Kit: Cross Sell Sheet, Getting Started, Important Information Sheet, Networking Troubleshooting Guide, Read Before Setting Up the Machine, Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, Warranty Card
* Ink Cartridges: PG-210 Black Cartridge, CL-211 Color Cartridge
* Power Cord
* USB Cable
* Bonus Paper (PP-201, 5 sheets)
1. Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
2. Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
3. “Full HD Movie Print” is available from ‘MOV’ movie files created by Canon digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
4. Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum.
5. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then “save to PC”.
6. Compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP only. Not included on installation CD. Requires Internet connection during installation.
7. Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
8. Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional details.
9. ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
10. Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
11. System requirements vary by application.
12. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.usa.canon.com/support for details.
See also: Printers